The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Arezzo?

Quote Originally Posted by NickRick View Post
    Diva -Checkmate
    Eve -VDL Arezzo
    Dancer -Champion de cord
    Dreamer - o'splendido
    Star- Bon Balou or Hildalgo

So many choices, so little time and money
    I've seen a couple of his foals on offer and am curious what he brings to the breeding?

Had a chance to buy Hidalgo's full brother, who tragically collicked and died as a youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by mareslave View Post
    I've seen a couple of his foals on offer and am curious what he brings to the breeding?
    I'm looking for some substance, and having seen him in person he should bring me that and a nice jump. I also like the 5 Grand Prix sires in a row and the chin chin heatbreaker cross

Quote Originally Posted by HyperionStudLLC View Post
    Are you considering our stallion Hidalgo? If so, excellent!

Cheers!
    Yes! Your Hildalgo Hyperion. Liking that baby and I think you have a fantastic eye. I need a fresh stallion for that mare. Schonfeld E Trakehner mare

Decisions fro 2013 ? Oups I don't even have the exect due date in my head for 2013 let alone thinking hard.
    I have many ideas floating:
    e.g.
    Don Principe (yep frozen over here) on my Sandro Hit
    Benetton Dream (I have frozen as it was not sure what will happen to him competition and breeding wise) on my Florencio for a fourth edition of that cross.
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

1 members found this post helpful.

Cool No twins this time...

My A-line Hanoverian bred mare Ajawaan (Arkansas/Abrupt) is currently expecting another sport pony cross with Alvesta Picasso and then we will try her with Daventry's Power Play in 2013...looking forward to that cross
    http://www.cajonatfarm.com/
    Home of well loved ponies...

Baelidin CHF (Indoctro/Lidin elite) to Crespo VDL
    Lisette (Edison) to Lupicor
    Ronansact (TB) to Great Pleasure VDL
    Nobel Prize ster (Idocus/Amor) to Jim Town (Darco)
    Zadira prov Keur (Great Pleasure/Best of Luck) to Balou du Roeut

I always feel like I'm tempting fate when I answer in this thread, but I'm so excited about next years possibilities that I just can't help myself!

Selina KWPN sport: (Mermus R-Wokina pref. pres. elite- Nimmerdor x Uppercutt) has a date with Triple X. We have waited two years for this opportunity

La Ina 18 NSP: (Libero H x Voltaire x Sandro) will ET with Balou du Ruet. This will be our first ET attempt so we will see how that goes!

La Ina 18 will also carry a Toulon (had always liked this Heartbreaker son, and loved Ohlala when I saw her go at indoors this year!)

Obsession TW (Canaletto x Carthago) we are still up in the air. Want to add french lines so still debating on her hubby. Tangelo, Emerald, and Du Gateau (Laudanum x Ibrahim) are on the short list at the moment.

And possibly use our Diktator dose on Ucinda (Lux x Concorde x Ramiro) for an ET as she is back in work and headed to Thermal this year in the jumper ring.

Happy husband hunting to all!!!

Zaza (Calido x Cassini I x Caretino) to Acodetto

Tokio (Acorado x Ramiro x Landgraf) to Cristo
    Last edited by Mallrat7777; Apr. 2, 2013 at 01:10 AM.

Del (De Niro x Prince Thatch xx) is in foal to Silvermoon (Trak) and depending on the foal will either go back to Silvermoon via frozen or will use the free return on Garuda K (Trak by Muenchhausen)

Can't wait till May!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Malone View Post
    I have decided that I'm not going to breed ever again.

But I have already picked out the stallion for my Trakehner mare....... and am vaguely looking for another broodmare.

It's an addiction - and I'm not laughing as I type this!

So I did buy another mare............. lol

and am telling myself I will ride her next year and then think about breeding her.

As Kathy St Martin said "and which 12 step program did you attend?"

3 members found this post helpful.

2013! still recovering from this year although may take the easy route and go with the same plan again.

Currently:
    Naheez x Ideal Water - in foal to Cavalier Royale
    Cruising x Parkmore Night - in foal to Cavalier Royale
    Guidam x Naheez x Ideal water - in foal to Balou du Rouet
    Kings Master x Cavalier - Carring a Cruising x Mermus R (ET)

2013:
    Naheez x Ideal Water - may try again to Cavalier Royale
    Cruising x Parkmore Night - ET one for Balou du Rouet and in foal to Cavalier
    Guidam x Naheez x Ideal water - Winningmood or Spartacus
    Kings Master x Cavalier - Pointilliste (TB) for definite next year

As of right now my plan is to breed my Fidertanz mare to Diamond Hit. She has very long legs and a great neck set so I think that would be a good cross.
    I'm still undecided about my other mare. They are both maidens and are due in mid-March so I'm waiting to see what they produce.

So I did buy another mare............. lol

and am telling myself I will ride her next year and then think about breeding her.

As Kathy St Martin said "and which 12 step program did you attend?"
    Loved this post!

I'm planning on doing ET with my Laurent x Federweisser x Fabriano mare. I've been dabbling between a few stallions and *for now* the plan is to use Don Ricoss.

Quote Originally Posted by mareslave View Post
    Had a chance to buy Hidalgo's full brother, who tragically collicked and died as a youngster.
    It was after he was castrated! Yikes! Damn shame!
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

Quote Originally Posted by NickRick View Post
    Yes! Your Hildalgo Hyperion. Liking that baby and I think you have a fantastic eye. I need a fresh stallion for that mare. Schonfeld E Trakehner mare
    Thank u! We put him with a small blooded mare who jumped 1.60m int'l and she was very good to us for the foal she produced. The filly was small at first, but has grown in strength and size proportionately.

The problem with Darco offspring, is that they show a lot of bone and size initially. They also take several years to produce to a stage where they finally get a chance to show off their power. This can be an issue in a market that loves results early on.
    The upside is that these types from Darco tend to be very solid, safe and reliable horses in sport. The exact type that does very well for the sales market in NA. With a little patience, Darco blood is top!

Thank you for considering Hidalgo!

Cheers
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

I am hoping Winningmood becomes available....

So far my plans are:

I am breeding my Freestyle mare Fawn to Bon Balou
    My Swedish Warmblood mare Clair de Lune to Connaisseur
    My Londonderry mare I would love to do an ET to Freestyle and then have her carry another by if not I will do frozen with her. Just not sure who yet.
    My KWPN mare by Rhodium to ? Still in the works on that one..
    Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.cindyswarmbloods.com Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.facebook.com/CindysWarmbloods Join Us on Facebook for latest updates!

Default Marydell Farm picks

I usually have the list made and ready to go by now. But with Wendell (and I have to admitt, even myself) saying it is time to downsize after 2013, the decisions are so important!

EM Rotina(Rotspon/Argentinus) will be a forever "wife" to Don Princpe. With two offspring winning the USDF "Traveling Trot"pepetual for highest scoring horse in the country and several otheres being either Champion or Reserve for their age groups over the years, it would be unwise to change this match.

Royal Gem (Royal Diamond/SPS Contender) open this year will go to Doctor Wendell MF(Don Principe/Sandro HIt). I think this cross is going to deliver a top quality GP prospect. All of the Prince offspring from this cross are in the hands of top riders who envisons such a future for them.

Diora(DeNiro/Grande) is in foal to Fidertanz and I expect probably will be again. The previous offspring are a bit older style but very powerful with three super gaits and wonderful minds. I think this cross is as much a recipe for FEI success as one gets. For next year, I do not know, maybe back to Fidertanz or Viscount(Valentino) if available. nbeeds more leg and better type along with more "flash" for yh classes.

EM Rising Star MF(Rotspon/Ramiro Son II) is expecting a Doctor Wendell MF for 2013. Will wait to see what this one looks like before making a decision. Mare is a top quality producer but inconsistant with what her foals look like and what the gaits will be. All are very good quality but some are standouts to their full siblings. Tend to go to the same stallion 3 times before moving onto another. HAs had 3 Don Principe and 3 Quaterback.
    Doc is in the running at the top for sure but other considerations for her are Furstenball, Viscount.

EM Fuerst Dancer (Fuerst Heinrich/Rotspon)[Maestro's mom] open this year, lost 2 ETs with the recips. Don Principe all the way!

EME Diamond Girl MF(Don Principe/Royal Diamond)in foal to His Highness
    Had a Fidertanz, very nice. Again, no very solid direction with this mare. She has almost everything I like in a mare but want more"flash" in the trot.

EMC Duet MF (Don Principe/Rotspon) expecting an ET Sir Donnerhall but Bennetton Dream for the next one and then For Compliment
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

I am desperately hoping that my planned breeding works out - I'd like to put my TB mare Step Aside to the Connemara stallion Silver Shadow. My mare can jump a house, is as sweet as pie, but is a tough ride. Silver Shadow is reputed to have a wonderful temperament, looks very ridable in all his video, and is a jumping machine. He's got Carna Bobby in his lineage at least 6 times, and is out of Poetic Moonlight, by the incredible Poetic Justice, so comes by the jumping ability honestly! I'm hoping the resulting foal will be my next jumper - I am crossing my fingers for an adorable 15.2 hh, sweet TBXConnie cross that can jump like its parents. I know it's not in the same realm as what many of you are trying to breed for, but I will just be ecstatic if things work out!