The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Small Change View Post
    I am desperately hoping that my planned breeding works out - I'd like to put my TB mare Step Aside to the Connemara stallion Silver Shadow. My mare can jump a house, is as sweet as pie, but is a tough ride. Silver Shadow is reputed to have a wonderful temperament, looks very ridable in all his video, and is a jumping machine. He's got Carna Bobby in his lineage at least 6 times, and is out of Poetic Moonlight, by the incredible Poetic Justice, so comes by the jumping ability honestly! I'm hoping the resulting foal will be my next jumper - I am crossing my fingers for an adorable 15.2 hh, sweet TBXConnie cross that can jump like its parents. I know it's not in the same realm as what many of you are trying to breed for, but I will just be ecstatic if things work out!
    I had a Connemara x TB as a teen - her ability was waaaay out of my league. I jumped her regularly over 4'6. Her only fault was a visceral hatred of jumping water. I bet you'll get the horse of your dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Small Change View Post
    I am desperately hoping that my planned breeding works out - I'd like to put my TB mare Step Aside to the Connemara stallion Silver Shadow. My mare can jump a house, is as sweet as pie, but is a tough ride. Silver Shadow is reputed to have a wonderful temperament, looks very ridable in all his video, and is a jumping machine. He's got Carna Bobby in his lineage at least 6 times, and is out of Poetic Moonlight, by the incredible Poetic Justice, so comes by the jumping ability honestly! I'm hoping the resulting foal will be my next jumper - I am crossing my fingers for an adorable 15.2 hh, sweet TBXConnie cross that can jump like its parents. I know it's not in the same realm as what many of you are trying to breed for, but I will just be ecstatic if things work out!
    out of curiosity - where are you getting Silver Shadow semen?

and just to play along: my Wolkentanz I mare is in foal to Weser Ems Manchester City for a 2013 foal, - I have not yet decided what i will do with her for 2013 - a lot depends on the foal to come....

but my dream breeding is to put her to the super Connemara Rory O'Sullivan.... I am madly in love with him and dream of getting a baby from him and my mare.... so we will see....

Molly Malone - I adored my first Connie/TB and can't wait to see what this one brings, if all works out!

mbm - A good friend in Ireland is in turn good friends with the gentleman that owned Silver Shadow before he went to Italy, and is working very hard to find out whether the semen that is still in Ireland can come over here. My fingers, toes and eyes are all crossed that it might work out! He also thought he might have had a line on some from Westside Mirah, but said that semen is unfortunately no good anymore, as it's quite old and had maybe been though some storage troubles. I think you and I exchanged a few PM's when I was first dithering over whether or not to try breeding my mare to a Connie - thank you for all your advice at that time!

2013 Plans:
    Rexana (Lansing / Capitol I / Sacramento Song xx stamm 2067) x Vallado / Praise (Now or Never M / Saros xx / Important)
    Charmed S (Vallado / Calido I / Alcatraz stamm 1752) x ??? Cornet Obolensky (Clinton / Heartbreaker / Randel Z)
    Rolex S (Con Caletto / Ramiro Z / Ahorn Z stamm 730b) x Vallado / Praise (Now or Never M / Saros xx / Important)
    Vaskaria (Askaria / Lord / Masetto stamm 776) x Validation S (Vallado / Lansing / Capitol I stamm 2067)
    Ca-Ching S (Casall / Quinar / Capitol I stamm 776) x Douglas (Darco x Capitol I / Renomee stamm 318d2)
    Vega Q (Cacique / Pregelstrand) x Apiro (Argentinus / Pilot / Cyrus)
    Willow Q (Werigo / TB) x Tillybo Cassanova (Section A Welsh)

Expecting in 2013:
    Rexana (Lansing / Capitol I / Sacramento Song xx stamm 2067) x Dakota VDL (Casall / Contender / Landgraf I stamm 104a)
    Vaskaria (Askaria / Lord / Masetto stamm 776) x Quinar (Quidam de Revel / Aloube Z / Calypso I stamm 1020)
    Ca-Ching S (Casall / Quinar / Capitol I stamm 776) x Douglas (Darco x Capitol I / Renomee stamm 318d2)
    Oesprit (Cicero / Pregelstrand) x Apiro (Argentinus / Pilot / Cyrus)
    Willow Q (Werigo / TB) x Forlan Tarragon (Section A Welsh)
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyra0502 View Post
    2013! still recovering from this year although may take the easy route and go with the same plan again.

Currently:
    Naheez x Ideal Water - in foal to Cavalier Royale
    Cruising x Parkmore Night - in foal to Cavalier Royale
    Guidam x Naheez x Ideal water - in foal to Balou du Rouet
    Kings Master x Cavalier - Carring a Cruising x Mermus R (ET)

2013:
    Naheez x Ideal Water - may try again to Cavalier Royale
    Cruising x Parkmore Night - ET one for Balou du Rouet and in foal to Cavalier
    Guidam x Naheez x Ideal water - Winningmood or Spartacus
    Kings Master x Cavalier - Pointilliste (TB) for definite next year
    Whaat? There is still Cavalier Royale semen available??

Silver Creek- Have you had any luck before with the Cornet Obolensky semen? I have been told it's really terrible and no pregnancies from the frozen? I looked into his son Cristallo I and was told the same thing I would love to use either of these boys if frozen improves.

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    2013 Plans:
    Rexana (Lansing / Capitol I / Sacramento Song xx stamm 2067) x Vallado / Praise (Now or Never M / Saros xx / Important)
    Charmed S (Vallado / Calido I / Alcatraz stamm 1752) x ??? Cornet Obolensky (Clinton / Heartbreaker / Randel Z)
    Rolex S (Con Caletto / Ramiro Z / Ahorn Z stamm 730b) x Vallado / Praise (Now or Never M / Saros xx / Important)
    Vaskaria (Askaria / Lord / Masetto stamm 776) x Validation S (Vallado / Lansing / Capitol I stamm 2067)

Expecting in 2013:
    Rexana (Lansing / Capitol I / Sacramento Song xx stamm 2067) x Dakota VDL (Casall / Contender / Landgraf I stamm 104a)
    Vaskaria (Askaria / Lord / Masetto stamm 776) x Quinar (Quidam de Revel / Aloube Z / Calypso I stamm 1020)
    Dakota baby is going to be superb!!!!
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

1 members found this post helpful.

Yep, that is my reason for the question marks. Need to do some research before it is set in stone, especially for almost $2000 a dose. If not, its back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by RanchoAdobe View Post
    Silver Creek- Have you had any luck before with the Cornet Obolensky semen? I have been told it's really terrible and no pregnancies from the frozen? I looked into his son Cristallo I and was told the same thing I would love to use either of these boys if frozen improves.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Let me know if his semen has drastically improved now that he is retired- love him, but heard 0 frozen pregnancies here and my euro peeps say fresh only (or I can buy one of their mares all ready pregnant - hahaha).

1 members found this post helpful.

PS- my Apiro hunter foal his year is absolutely spectacular!! Thank you Silver Creek. We will be repeating the cross in the future.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolensilver View Post
    Del (De Niro x Prince Thatch xx) is in foal to Silvermoon (Trak) and depending on the foal will either go back to Silvermoon via frozen or will use the free return on Garuda K (Trak by Muenchhausen)

Can't wait till May!
    I just noticed that Silvermoon is now stationed in Germany. I will have to look at him for my mare over there.

Dan

[QUOTE=Lyra0502;6657885]2013! still recovering from this year although may take the easy route and go with the same plan again.

Currently:

Cruising x Parkmore Night - in foal to Cavalier Royale
    Kings Master x Cavalier - Carring a Cruising x Mermus R (ET)

2013:

Cruising x Parkmore Night - ET one for Balou du Rouet and in foal to Cavalier

You and I have similar tastes! I'm expecting a baloubet du rouet (himself!!) out of my darco/voltaire mare for 2013 and am considering Quidam du Revel for her next year . so I figure you'd have an opinion on Cruising for a Heraldik xx/Ferro mare (she's dead quiet and rideable). I could also do Hickstead for her, like Tom Reed's ekstein x herka (sister of heraldik) successes. I'd really like a cruising, however, but don't wanna breed a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by *Tradewind* View Post
    Whaat? There is still Cavalier Royale semen available??
    Very limited but still possible

@mareslave.
    A CruisingxHeraldik would be very exciting but as far as I am aware Cruising is not available anymore
    Lucky you having a Heraldik mare - I am sure there will be many perfect prospective husbands for her.

Default cruising option

Quote Originally Posted by Lyra0502 View Post
    Very limited but still possible

@mareslave.
    A CruisingxHeraldik would be very exciting but as far as I am aware Cruising is not available anymore
    Lucky you having a Heraldik mare - I am sure there will be many perfect prospective husbands for her.
    cruising is desparately hard to find as is a heraldik mare. slim chance at both for 2014. the other studs will have to wait for a chance at heraldik dtr.

I fugured you were a fan of the proposed cross as you thought of MM for your cruising dtr...

Far from set in stone and it looks like all my mares need fresh this year. However, so far, the plans are:

Erotika (Cor de la Bryere/Rigoletto) to Cancara (Cassini/Corofino)

Caritas N (Calido/Alcatraz) to Dakota VDL (Casall/Contender)

Larosa Z (Louis/Lavado) to Quinar (Quidam de Revel/Aloube). I like Carracci (Caretino/Grundyman) for her too.

I'd also like to use Capone (Contender/Ladalco)!
    Last edited by Leah A; Nov. 24, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Now developing Stone Clad Farms, visit us at www.facebook.com/StoneCladFarms

Default Capone 1

Quote Originally Posted by Leah A View Post
    I'd also like to use Capone (Contender/Ladalco)!
    I'm awaiting 2 Capone 1's this spring. Did you see that he's in the BWP-NA stallion service auction? I got service in 2009 from that auction, worth bidding...

What mares did you breed to him, mareslave? I've seen him numerous times in the flesh and really respect his character, ability, and super motherline. Corrine seems great to deal with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    2013 Plans:

Expecting in 2013:
    You are breeding Caritas' daughter (Charmed S)! I will be watching the results with interest! Love your choice of Cornet Obolensky too...am hoping his retirement results in higher availability and fertility as well.

I have a Capone I due this spring too! I have already done this cross before and have an amazing 4 year old filly by him. She is outstanding, and supposedly I am getting a colt version of her if everything goes well. Mama is by Idocus out of a Riverman (Redfort) mare.

I am hopefully going to be breeding my mare to Zirocco Blue in the spring.

With my 2011 JTB growing up so fast I opted for another youngin'.

Violet (St.Nick/Charon) - Rotspon