The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default looking for a new jacket... ideas?

I had an Animo in the blue but I've grown out of it so am going to sell it and get a new one. What do you guys like?

There is nothing on this planet I like as much as my Animo. If it's an option I vote for sticking with Animo, but I don't know what else you have available to you (aren't you in Australia?). I have a bunch of other coats, but nothing that I like anywhere near as much as my Animo.

I am in Australia but we can get just about anything here. I tried on an equiline one today but it just wasn't as nice. I don't think I'll be able to find anything as nice as that animo.

I'm going to try on a GPA today and find someone who has the Spooks jackets, you guys have those?

Also does I saw a few new animos but they had the zip exposed, do any of the new styles have the buttons over the top of the zip?

I love my GPA spirit of riding jacket. It's wonderful. The fabric is a little stiff but they look great on and feel nice too. My vote is for the brown one, though I have navy myself.

A friend of mine has a Spooks coat and it looks really nice for the price point. I don't like how the GPA and Grand Prix coats fit me (though I've got 5 or 6 GP coats - 2 tech. fabrics and 3 or 4 regular wool), but the Spooks coats look like they have a more feminine cut (which is what I love so much about Animo).

Yes, that's the next question. What colour? I had the animo blue so I was thinking maybe I should go back to traditional navy, I've been thinking about brown a bit.

All my gear is brown, I'm also about to replace my helmet so it can be anything.

BUT those new pink Kingsland ones, I saw those yesterday and the guy tried to get me to try it on. Not a chance in hell. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by annaelizabeth View Post
    Yes, that's the next question. What colour? I had the animo blue so I was thinking maybe I should go back to traditional navy, I've been thinking about brown a bit.

All my gear is brown, I'm also about to replace my helmet so it can be anything.

BUT those new pink Kingsland ones, I saw those yesterday and the guy tried to get me to try it on. Not a chance in hell. Lol
    Go with the brown! it looks lovely (read: drool worthy) on!

I would look at the Grand Prix Rylie soft shell. The fit is incredible. I sell a ton of these coats as the way they are tailored (zipper and four button) makes them truly fit like a custom coat. As far as color, that depends on what divisions are in your future. In my opinion though, you can never go wrong with navy blue. Hope this helps....Dana

Spooks all the way! If you are located in the States you will have to either get it for Horse Security or Spooks of Australia.

I however really like the lady from Horse Security, she has always been very helpful to me when ordering sizes and such.