The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KateMcCall View Post
    You. Are. Awesome!!!
    (I'm a halo fan as well!)
    Thanks! So are you.
    I was just playing Reach, but I walked into a grenade which I don't normally do. I figured it was time to quit for the day. I'll go back and kill 'em all tomorrow.

(psst... I have a Claptrap doll too.)
    You are what you dare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    The street light at the end of our driveway went out a few months back. We like this light; it provides a lot of security. So we had to call the power company SEVERAL times before they finally came out and replaced the bulb.

Except it didn't just "go out". One night I was sort of all revved after watching "Top Shot". I grabbed the BB gun and was intending to just plink a few cans. Instead I found myself aiming at the streetlight, thinking, "oh, I'll NEVER actually hit it!" Needless to say I did not share this tidbit with the power company. I just said, "You know, there's a hole in the outside glass. Kind of looks like someone shot it!"
    Best confession yet!
    If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
    If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
    If I smell like manure, I tripped.

Quote Originally Posted by ReveilleandRinsie View Post
    YES. This. I have no interest in ever having A Career. If I had the ability to never have to have a job again, I'd take it. This baffles my mom and sister completely - they're Career Women and have no idea why it's not important to me.
    I am THRILLED that I am not the only person who feels this way. I would be perfectly happy to not have to work another day in my life, and instead spend my days taking care of horses and cooking!
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

5 members found this post helpful.

Ever had Hershey pie?

The last one we had, DH and I ate a little less than half of it that evening. I was out sick from work the next day and ended up eating the entire rest of the pie.

Then I lied to DH and told him I'd dropped it on the floor, because I didn't want to admit I ate 2/3 of a pie in one sitting.
    Coworker posted on FB that she ate the whole pie at once.

Me I would NEVER do that. Post it that is.

A few weeks ago I got a(nother) garnish notice for someone I cant STAND. She said it was all a mistake & she needed to talk to them. Right. I made sure to set that garnish up right away & made double SURE it came out. Even asked the PR co if it was set up for sure. Well I had to, right?
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

I have a Pottermore account.

And when I got sorted into Hufflepuff, I created a new account so I could be somewhere else.

<><

2 members found this post helpful.

You too, eh? Hey, I married late - I'm used to having it all for myself!

I often use the dogs as an excuse to get out of socializing I don't want to do, or leave early. SUPER handy when the in-laws issue those overnight stay invitations!
    haha. I also use the dogs as an excuse for getting out of doing things with the SO's friends. "Oh we've been invited to spend the weekend sleeping in a stinking hot garden shed with 2 other couples at your friends cottage? Oh honey, what about the dogs? You go without me. I don't mind. No really I don't."

3 members found this post helpful.

I have a Pottermore account and I'm a Ravenclaw.

I play Riding Club Championships.

I'm klutzy enough that I just tripped over my backpack and suspect I broke one of my toes in the process.

I like physics.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassAction View Post
    Um, I just watched the first movie on TV yesterday and watched the whole thing. Terrible and yet....I watched and would watch the next one.
    I watch the movies because it's fun to see which actors are taking the bad movie seriously (I think Michael Sheen may have cornered the market on this) and which are actively attempting to sabotage/send messages for help (Robert Pattinson, who's openly admitted to hating Edward and TRYING to get fired after the first movie.) Also, the movies are somewhat better than the books. At least the first book; it's the only one I read and I'm glad I didn't pay for it myself.

Confession: I refuse to read "Fifty Shades of Grey" not because I have any objection to BDSM but because if I wanted to read Twilight smutfic I can get thousands of them for free on Fanfiction.net. Not that I read Twilight smutfic. (I'm too busy reading alternate-universe Hunger Games fic.)

Related confession: I love vampires as a concept, to the point of having taken a 300-level university course on the subject (no, seriously, I even requested and got one of my academic-concentration question for my MA comprehensive exams from it). I do NOT love animalistic monster vamps, and I HATE HATE HATE broody complaining teenage/twentysomething-type vampires. Needless to say finding books to read on the subject can be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrost View Post
    My confessions:

It is my life goal to be a housewife. (With four legged children only.)

Money in no way is a motivator to me.

I can't control my sassy mouth.

All my friends are kinda mean, not to me, but that's why I love them.

And I love to leave a piping hot bucket with pine-sol out to make it smell like I clean everyday.

I absolutely LOVE to wash my hardwood floors just to smell the Pine-sol.

Lol! I love that idea...the hot bucket of pine-sol...may have to steal this one
    Also, my friends sound a lot like yours. It's why I love them! (And I'm sure if you asked them, that's why they love me too )

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I watch the movies because it's fun to see which actors are taking the bad movie seriously (I think Michael Sheen may have cornered the market on this) and which are actively attempting to sabotage/send messages for help (Robert Pattinson, who's openly admitted to hating Edward and TRYING to get fired after the first movie.) Also, the movies are somewhat better than the books. At least the first book; it's the only one I read and I'm glad I didn't pay for it myself.
    Seriously? That's awesome. I can see how being told to be broody and emo yet again would be tiresome beyond belief. Not to mention the stalkerishly possessive thing!
    Forward momentum!

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

"I confesss I just had to Google Hershey Pie and now I am certain to have to make one.
    And, of course, I'll have to eat it all myself.
    Sometimes living alone has bennies
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Quote Originally Posted by left@C View Post
    Lol! I love that idea...the hot bucket of pine-sol...may have to steal this one
    A can of spray polish is good to keep on hand for the same reason, a few squirts in the air and it smells like you polished...

I have a friend who wanted to try a saddle I have for sale on her mare, I was going to drive over to her place with said saddle for the trial. She then phones out of the blue and says it's not fair me to drive to her, she will trailer over to me AGHHHH.

I would far rather have spent 2 hours driving there and back, rather than 2 hours trying to make my house look like I hadn't bothered to clean up before she got there.

I'm KBC, and I do not do housework
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassAction View Post
    Seriously? That's awesome. I can see how being told to be broody and emo yet again would be tiresome beyond belief. Not to mention the stalkerishly possessive thing!
    He called Edward a creepy messed-up stalking 108-year-old virgin, deliberately tried to play him as a mentally-unhealthy stalker in the first movie, and said Stephenie Meyer is crazy.

Yet, they kept him. Of course, as they probably have to delivery the money the movies make by semi truck, one cannot blame them....

I confess. I have a COTH alter. I forgot her name. She's lost.
    :-[

If you can remember which e-mail you used to register your alter I think you can plug that in somewhere and have it e-mailed to you.

On the Robert Pattinson thing, the fact that he apparently doesn't like the character and is trying to be cheesy redeems him somewhat in my view...
    Quarry Rat

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    He called Edward a creepy messed-up stalking 108-year-old virgin, deliberately tried to play him as a mentally-unhealthy stalker in the first movie, and said Stephenie Meyer is crazy.

Yet, they kept him. Of course, as they probably have to delivery the money the movies make by semi truck, one cannot blame them....
    To be fair, that's the Edward character to a "T" and whoever wrote it is, in fact, crazy. Makes me like this Robert Pattinson fellow!

I would bet they kept him so the 13 year old girl fan base didn't have a collective heart attack.
    Forward momentum!

I am also a Twilight fan. *sigh* Although when Edward was shirtless in the second one I gagged a little bit at his yuckyness and I do not find him attractive in the least. I am Team Jacob.

I am sitting on my couch at the moment, listening to my child whine upstairs in her crib, trying to convince myself that it's naptime for her, when in reality, I'm just sick of her clinging to me.

The dog is also on the couch with me, and that is a huge no-no, according to Mr. Minon.

Finally, I dis-like my MIL but I can never say anything to anybody. She hates our dog, and I fear that she has no soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by tabula rashah View Post
    I'm letting myself drink Mt Dew with the excuse that, hey it's a hurricane
    Ha! I did the same thing. Got stuck at work for 38 hours straight and I've cut off most of my soda consumption. But I was going have some mountain dew and sugary things darn it! Stuck at work forever equals eating terrible things.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    I am also a Twilight fan. *sigh* Although when Edward was shirtless in the second one I gagged a little bit at his yuckyness and I do not find him attractive in the least.
    Oh lord yes, they could've at least waxed his nipple hair! <gag>
    Quarry Rat

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTRider View Post
    I have a Pottermore account.

And when I got sorted into Hufflepuff, I created a new account so I could be somewhere else.

I got put into Slytherin and when I tried to be somebody else, I STILL got sorted into Slytherin.

I actually used the creepy Edward/dumbass Bella relationship to talk to my daughter about the dangers of controlling boyfriends and about getting too hung up on a boy at an early age.

I buy lottery tickets and then go on the internet looking at real estate far far away from here. I like the Northeast, cold weather, moderate mountains. My daughter favors the tropics. We argue about this.