The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JFCeventer View Post
    Okay, I'll play.

I too absolutely despise Halloween. I don't understand the appeal of the holiday. Maybe this wouldn't seem terribly unusual but I'm 17 and hate Halloween. I guess I just don't "get it."
    As another 17 year old who hates Halloween, you are not alone!
    Trying a life outside of FEI tents and hotel rooms.

Ok, I'm bad. Really bad. Last night, my great big Newfoundland got up, left the bedroom and barfed in the hallway. It sounded like a very big barf. About that time, my son was getting home. I pretended to be asleep, and let him deal with the epic dog barf. I guess I owe the kid a case of Mountain Dew or something.
    It's 2015. Do you know where your old horse is?

9 members found this post helpful.

When my daughter dumps her Cheerios on the floor during snack time, I often just let her eat them instead of dragging the vacuum out. Ditto to allowing the dog to lick her hands after an overly messy meal.

I wear my husbands deodorant when he's gone because I'm pathetically in love with the man and I like getting sniffs of "him".

I go bite for bite with Willow when I give her something yummy.

I sneak the dog on the bed when my hubby is gone, even though I promise I won't.

:-)

Also, I've already eaten 3/4 of my hurricane sandy snacks.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by loshad View Post

I cannot stand the treacly nonsense that is "It's a Wonderful Life." Hate. That's right, I said it.
    ...Is there someone who LIKES that movie? I don't think I've ever even made it all the way through? I think I'd rather take a tenth stab at "The Name of the Rose" in the faint hope THIS time I'll understand it without needing to get a PhD in medieval theology first.

Confession: I have NEVER had a job I can honestly I loved or felt was more than a job and wouldn't quit in a heartbeat for a better offer, and have never been interested in having a 'career', as everything bores me and I cannot imagine WANTING to go to work every day unless it's necessary. I only work because I need money to do the things I actually enjoy. The instant I have access to resources to not have to go to work and to stay home and keep house, I'm gone.

1 members found this post helpful.

Confession: the absolute only reason I did not eat a quarter of a pound of chocolate covered coconut bites tonight was that they were located in the trunk of my car, and i was too lazy to go outside and fetch them. I think I've found a new weight loss plan... keep everything yummy in the trunk of my car (that way I can't eat while I drive).

Confession: I am a horrible critic of people's driving (moreso with other cars on the road, not when I'm a passenger). I equate tailgating with a serious flaw in a person's character. Lack of turn signal use is only slightly less offensive. But tailgating and passing on a double yellow line will have me imagining your firey death for at least three miles.

Confession: I think of my personal 'babies or not' internal debate no less than 3 times a day. I'm no where closer to a conclusion than I was a year ago when it really started occupying my mind (I'm 27). But even before that, i was obsessed with the thought of being pregnant. Not WANTING to be, but just a bit obsessive about the topic. I convince myself I'm probably pregnant at least once a year (and right now I'm fighting the compulsion to go pee on a stick). Way too much info?? Sorry ;-)

confession: now that I've reminded myself about those coconut candies, I'm close to running outside in my pjs and scarfing down a few....

OK I have 2 more....

Tonight I went to pick up chinese food in my PJs and I also went grocery shopping.

I also will wash horse laundry in our machine when my room mate is away.........

I am going to pass on Thanksgiving with the family this year. I just don't want to get dressed up and answer "so how many animals do you have now?" again. I want the traditional food, nothing weird ... like pineapple pie kin of weird.

Plus, this way I get leftovers. I didn't last year.

Plus plus? I don't have to drive across the valley, don't have to worry about my dogs, and don't have to skip riding.

I guess my real confession is that I'd rather stay home with my animals, cook, and watch movies than go to my family Thanksgiving. And I don't feel too ba about it.
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

I let the dogs lick plates & dishes after I finish my meal. (Though never if it's anything overly greasy or otherwise contraindicated for dogs). Hey, it's going in the dishwasher afterwards on the super-hot cycle. . .

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Confession: I have NEVER had a job I can honestly I loved or felt was more than a job and wouldn't quit in a heartbeat for a better offer, and have never been interested in having a 'career', as everything bores me and I cannot imagine WANTING to go to work every day unless it's necessary. I only work because I need money to do the things I actually enjoy. The instant I have access to resources to not have to go to work and to stay home and keep house, I'm gone.
    YES. This. I have no interest in ever having A Career. If I had the ability to never have to have a job again, I'd take it. This baffles my mom and sister completely - they're Career Women and have no idea why it's not important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReveilleandRinsie View Post
    YES. This. I have no interest in ever having A Career. If I had the ability to never have to have a job again, I'd take it. This baffles my mom and sister completely - they're Career Women and have no idea why it's not important to me.
    Oh, thank God, I'm not alone. I did all the college/grad school/(backup practical cooking school)/work work work and still do, but at this point it's only because I've never met anyone I'd want as a husband (key component: makes/has enough I don't have to have a day job. For starters, if I had to work I could never keep a house clean for two. Or have reasonable meals made.) I'm sure some second-wave feminist somewhere now has a splitting migraine, but oh, well.

I'll play!

When my Astro van aka the dog van died in 2011, my SO and I went car shopping and the sole criteria was the ability to get all the crates and dog gear in it. We looked at one van and took a test drive, the next thing I know, he's bought it!

By the time we owned it for a week, I knew I hated it. I hate the leather seats that are shaped. I hate the fact that at its lowest the passenger seat (where I ride 95% of the time) is two inches too tall for me to get out comfortably. I hate that although it holds a LOT, it is not as easy to configure as the Astro was.

I'm wishy washy about Halloween. I don't mind passing out candy, but I won't dress up, and apparently I dodged a bullet this year when my cousin forgot that her friend is my vet and could've easily wangled an invitation to my vet's costume party. Thank God that awkward moment passed!
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Oh, thank God, I'm not alone. I did all the college/grad school/(backup practical cooking school)/work work work and still do, but at this point it's only because I've never met anyone I'd want as a husband (key component: makes/has enough I don't have to have a day job. For starters, if I had to work I could never keep a house clean for two. Or have reasonable meals made.) I'm sure some second-wave feminist somewhere now has a splitting migraine, but oh, well.
    Nope, not alone! I jumped through all the hoops too and am not married either. I've met someone I'd love to marry, but long story short, he lives in TN and I moved to ID and neither if us wants to leave where we live. Maybe it's selfish or demanding or unrealistic of me, but there you have it. I could cook and clean for he two of us, but there wouldn't be much time for anything else, since I'd still ride after work. Much easier if I didn't have to work.

I wish I didn't know better than to play the lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by hasahorse View Post
    I, too, hate Halloween, and am really not fond of any of the other holidays that much either.

My secret guilty pleasure is watching the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders tv show.
    That is my guilty pleasure show too! I don't know why - it's completely stupid but I have been watching it for years. And I'm not "in to" girls either.

However I LOOOOOOVE Halloween.

ummm I have been watching Xena on netflix...

When it comes to me and my SO, I always take the larger serving of dessert or the fuller glass of fruit smoothie.

Just south of the Arctic Circle...seriously

One more, I'm working my way through all the seasons of Dawson's Creek on Netflix. I'm 25 and never watched it when I was younger.
    “Thoroughbreds are the best. They’re lighter, quicker, and more intelligent.” -George Morris

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    My turn - I hate halloween, the dressing up, the kids demanding candy at the door even when no outside light is on, the commercial frenzy, the horror flicks at the movies and all over TV...the whole thing, basically.
    Agreed. Must be the French in us!

Quote Originally Posted by Karosel View Post
    When it comes to me and my SO, I always take the larger serving of dessert or the fuller glass of fruit smoothie.
    You too, eh? Hey, I married late - I'm used to having it all for myself!

I often use the dogs as an excuse to get out of socializing I don't want to do, or leave early. SUPER handy when the in-laws issue those overnight stay invitations!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Yonder View Post
    When I'm in a house with a bag of chocolate chips in it, it's doomsday for them. I don't even feel bad about it either. HA!
    For me, it's mini marshmallows. Poor widdle tings...nom nom nom....
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Quote Originally Posted by tazz001 View Post
    ummm I have been watching Xena on netflix...
    Hey, Xena was way cool.