The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post
    I've just eaten half a bar of chocolate and half a bag of cheese crackers.

I have the munchies tonight...
    Man, now I want chocolate....
    “You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretsky

OK my confession:

I realized at the last HT I was at, that I am a horrible George Morrisesqe snob!! I am hoping that it is just left over from my Hunter life ( now eventing since July 2012) and I will soon not mind the non- perfectly turned out horses, understand why one would only clip half a horse and people that wear bright PINK breeches to a show!!!!!!!!!!! UGH

4 members found this post helpful.

So do I, but I have an excuse the DIET, starts tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jess h View Post
    and I occasionally run with scissors!
    OMG Next you'll be admitting that you don't brush your hair 100 stokes every night.
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

I loathe Halloween and all of the stupid fuss over it. The new HR director at my work put together a contest where each group is supposed to decorate their work area. Fortunately I sit amongst a group of fellow curmudgeons, so we are decidedly non-festive. I love where I work, but I am not spending money on Halloween. (The AE group has the best of the bunch - their idea of scary is plastering the walls with pictures of Sarah Jessica Parker and the IRS logo).

1 members found this post helpful.

Maybe I will be softer this year now that I have a baby and am more into kids in general. But I usually hate trick or treaters. My dogs bark every time the doorbell rings, I have to do a weird dance of keeping them from running out the door and offering the candy, the kids take my favorite stuff I was hoping to have left over, and most of them don't say thank you.

i kind of despise all holidays if i'm honest. or i should say the pressure to conform to shopping and decorating timetables makes me grumpy.

and today i have the worst munchies too. could be because dh made a cake and i'm having a hard time staying away from it.
    could be the full moon coming too, or hurricane sandy, or back to eating clean on november first. luckily we're both going there so no more cakes for a while.
    could also be i need more menopause medicine, who knows!

I don't own a hairbrush, so on the rare occasion I groom my horse, I run his brush through my hair too. I have better success with my hair then his tail.

I once rode my current horse in the dark, with sandals and no helmet. It still feels like the naughtiest thing I've ever done (last two are way against the rules.)

Even though it's against the rules, but not as big as the former, is I turn him out around the property, loose, and ride him in a halter, LOL.

I don't eat anything after my horse, he has a chronically itchy sheath area and I draw the line there.

(and omg, Mara, I'm such a Halloween person! I can't imagine not being into this awesome holiday )

I, too, hate Halloween, and am really not fond of any of the other holidays that much either.

My secret guilty pleasure is watching the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders tv show.
    My new mantra - \"Life is too short not to eat ice cream.\"
    ReRiders Clique

I've just eaten half a bar of chocolate and half a bag of cheese crackers.

You shouldn't feel bad about that. No preservatives means you have to eat things quickly

Confessions hmmmm, I dream of riding again, particularly my own horses that I've bred but that hasn't happened yet.
    "I'm a loner, and a loner's got to be alone." Geiko

I love Halloween and this will be the first year in my 34 years of life that I've not "done" Halloween. Though I am taking my stepdaughters to a haunted house on THursday. So maybe I'm not totally missing out.

Do not ask how many times I went as the headless horseman as a kid with my black shetland pony.

Confession: I have not really cooked a single dinner since my husband and stepkids moved out almost 2 mos ago. I love to cook but don't see the point when it's just me. How did I not starve in my first 33 years of single life?

Confession: I have not NOT worked at least part time (30 hours or so) a week or had a job where I was not on call since I was 14 years old. My last day of work is Friday and I'm scared to death that I'm going to go nuts not having a job.

And last one: My dog hasn't been feeling well and has needed to go outside frequently lately. Normally we have a doggy door. The movers packed it so it's gone. I turned off the heat and left the slider open last night so he could go out when he wanted. It was below freezing. I slept in ski pants over flannel PJs with a down vest, winter coat and my down comforter. It was 44 degrees in the house this morning. I luff him.

But I'm cold.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

There is a hurricane coming and what did I stock up on from Costco? Pears, grapes, a giant bag of trail mix, an equally giant bag of Craisins, water, diet Peach Snapple, a bag of white cheddar popcorn, and the most awesome item of all, a big tub of PEPPERMINT BARK. *does happy dance* I know that there is probably something inherently wrong with my choices, but I also confess that if I am not the queen of "bad decision making," I do at least come pretty darned close.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Yonder View Post
    When I'm in a house with a bag of chocolate chips in it, it's doomsday for them. I don't even feel bad about it either. HA!
    I'll see your chocolate chips and raise you a pan of rice krispie treats. I don't feel so good......

And, my Christmas tree is already up. But that's because I never took it down last year. The joys of being single.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

3 members found this post helpful.

I have put dirty saddle pads, secretly, into my son's and sometimes my husband's laundry.
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

4 members found this post helpful.

Just south of the Arctic Circle...seriously

My dog seemed lonely after I split with my ex and we moved out (he had a cat) so after doing some research on adding another dog or cat to our "pack," I brought home a Siamese kitten for him. They love each other and my dog is the happiest I've ever seen him.

(I would have kept the kitten even if they didn't like each other, I don't throw away my pets)
    “Thoroughbreds are the best. They’re lighter, quicker, and more intelligent.” -George Morris

Two more from me...I love Donny Osmond for no good reason other than I do...my husband still rolls his eyes about it..And along with my storm prep I went out and bought a large tub of Kozy Shack chocolate pudding, which I have zero intention of sharing.

My confession(s)-

I'm super excited that my classes got canceled tomorrow- it gives me another day to study for the test that is now delayed another day

I want Starbucks right now even though it's 9:43

I'm a registered vet tech and work part-time (in addition to a full-time job) in clinical practice, and I HATE my vet's dog. Seriously. I love most dogs, but this thing is freakin' insane. He is a Lab/Shep cross, 6-7 months old, and he is all legs, tail, teeth and shrill bark. I was oh-so-glad to drop him off this afternoon after babysitting him for the weekend. Dang dog needs to be owned by someone who does Iron Man triathalons. Preferably one who can hold his head under water.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

I rarely wear makeup, I love Mean Girls, SNL, and Jimmy Fallon, I wear pink on Wednesdays, and I share most of my food with my animals, unless it'd be bad for them. I also give crappy relationship advice to my lovestruck teenage friends. Oh, and I turned my dad into a Katy Perry fan.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Okay, I'll play.

I too absolutely despise Halloween. I don't understand the appeal of the holiday. Maybe this wouldn't seem terribly unusual but I'm 17 and hate Halloween. I guess I just don't "get it."

Also, whoever said that they love Firefly... you my friend, are one of the awesomest people ever. And also, because I could watch Nathan Fillion (and Stana Katic, his co-star) read the phone book and be happy, Castle is my all time favorite TV show, and I'm going to be awfully depressed if the hurricane knocks my power out so I can't watch it tomorrow night. Also, I love Breaking Bad.

And Canada. I really love Canada for whatever reason although I don't think I could live there due to the cold.
    Blog: http://movingonupeventing.blogspot.com/

Don't believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo7777 View Post
    I have put dirty saddle pads, secretly, into my son's and sometimes my husband's laundry.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that little snippet
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique