The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Let's see....

I promised my husband that when we left our current duty location, I would not bring my horse, Pete, to our next home. (This was, at best, a considerable whitewashing of the truth.) I fully intended to take my horse. And in order to not make it a "lie" - I sold Pete and bought a new horse. (Other reasons were involved, and Petey has a wonderful new home, but... I still feel a little guilty for almost-lying to DH.)

As we look at houses in the new location, I have strongly pushed for one that includes a brand new washer and dryer that convey (for other reasons - haven't pointed out the W/D thing.) I have allowed DH to think that our current set can stay with our house here - but really, I plan to take them along to do horse and dog laundry, while saving the new ones for people clothes.

I love my mother dearly, but when she told me last week that she'd been watching "Honey Boo Boo" on tv and found it funny, I told her that was really dumb. (Not nice! Everyone should have a guilty pleasure!) But to atone for basically telling mom that she has no taste, I thought I might gift her with that Netflix subscription she keeps pining for... and then she can watch something other than HBB.

Beginning to think I am not a very nice person.

Also, I freakin' love Halloween and this year I volunteered to help at a community event just so I could wear my cool costume someplace extra. I mean, it's nice to help out (and I do volunteer year round) but this particular activity is really all about the costume wearing opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    I mop my tile floors by pouring a small puddle of floor cleaner on the kitchen floor and then spraying the floor with hot water from the hand sprayer. Grab a stack of towels reserved for the purpose, and commence the "mop dance" all over the floor. I then dry them. Sparkling clean and I don't have to deal with a nasty mop & bucket!
    I call this ghetto mopping. I always ghetto mop my bathroom. Except I use whatever towels are drying on the towel rack.

And...I haven't been to the dentist in over 15 years!!
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

My confessions:

I was a computer geek before it was cool. People told me that I was crazy for going that directions. PFFT eat my boot.

I actually enjoy being alone. I enjoy going out,shopping, doing dinner by myself. I am totally secure enough in myself to do it.

I ate Starbursts today and don't feel guilty. BAD dieter

Sometimes I turn on the news just to have noise.

My dog has a bed in every single room and he gets new ones when they get flat.

I have a boot problem. I see a pair of dress boots I like..and I buy them.
    OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane AKA Bubble boy
    Boxer - Tugger's - outlasted my marriage

2 members found this post helpful.

So, I actually like "Gagnam Style," I think it's funny. And I watch The Real Housewives of New York, Toddlers and Tiaras and Dance Moms -- UGH!

I must be under too much stress at the office!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerForHorses View Post
    Since you mentioned this, I'll add my confession:

I don't brush my hair!

LOL! Its fine and blonde, and I can get away with just whipping my head up and down when I get out of the shower to fluff it up, and out the door I go (after getting dressed of course!)

I brush it maybe once a month.

Co-worker: "You're hair looks good, what did you do to it?"
    Me: "I brushed it today"

Here's another one of mine.... I needed a new horse tail/mane brush so i took mine to the barn. That was months ago, and i haven't bought a replacement.. my hair is thick and curly and i just don't brush it. Finger comb only right before I wash it to get the tangles out.

Another one, MrB has bad dust allergies and a little bit of neurotic cleaning beliefs. I say I want him to help clean, but in reality i don't mind doing it myself... without him home I can knock down cobwebs and kick up dust etc in the process of cleaning. I can also wash towels and clothes together- he always wants the towels in hot water.... But is none the wiser when they're all done! Hey man, sometimes sh** just has to get done!
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

Default Thanks!!

You all made me go out to the store and buy a big bag of Ruffles chips and a container of Dean's French Onion Dip and then.......EAT IT ALL.

Oh, yeah, and add in the Butterfinger that I couldn't resist while waiting in line.

Quote Originally Posted by horseshrink View Post
    You all made me go out to the store and buy a big bag of Ruffles chips and a container of Dean's French Onion Dip and then.......EAT IT ALL.

Oh, yeah, and add in the Butterfinger that I couldn't resist while waiting in line.
    Power to the people.

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Yonder View Post
    Power to the people.

I know, right!?!?

Then I had to take the empty bag and container (evidence) and go put it in the bottom of the trash can in the barn.

Then I texted DH and said I wasn't really hungry for dinner ("I don't know why") and I was really "busy" today so I didn't have a chance to cook dinner, so I'll just have to meet you in town for dinner.

1 members found this post helpful.

Ever had Hershey pie?

The last one we had, DH and I ate a little less than half of it that evening. I was out sick from work the next day and ended up eating the entire rest of the pie.

Then I lied to DH and told him I'd dropped it on the floor, because I didn't want to admit I ate 2/3 of a pie in one sitting.

4 members found this post helpful.

I spent four years OBSESSED with the movie(s) Phantom of the Opera, especially because of the upsetting ending to the 2004 movie. I started writing a sequel in 2008 and posted as I went along on Fanfiction.com. Just finished it two months ago...350,000 words and 63 chapters. Happy ending...sans 'Christine'. Major character is a very strong woman 'of a certain age' who was an absolute joy to develop.

I can sleep at night without working on the story.

BUT: I miss my characters....

OMG! Today I went to the grocery store to pick up sour cream. JUST sour cream.
    I walked out with sour cream, FRENCH ONION DIP AND RUFFLES CHIPS, a chocolate bar, wet ones and oatmeal. I cannot wait to eat my french onion dip and chips.

My cat wakes us up at 3am meowing when left inside at night but shes an excellent bedtime snuggler so I tell my parents shes outside and let her wake them up after we snuggle. LOL.

I complain about how most women suck at driving trucks and then mentally slap myself when it takes me more then one try to back into a parking spot with my f150

I love "It's a Wonderful Life." I love Halloween. I don't care for Thanksgiving and Christmas anymore, since my grandparents passed. I come from a family of only children on my mother's side, so we used to go to restaurants and really live it up. Kinda boring when there's just two of you! Before my darling dearest came along, they were just booze-fueled sleep-through days. Charming, no?

But the confession is: despite wanting to have a big family get together with eight different pies and hugs and songs, when he took me to his family's house for just that, I found myself missing the tequila, bad TV, and naps of my previous lifestyle!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Also, despite feeling myself a strong, independent woman, when I was laid off with a comp package last year (company was bought out), I spent three months not working... and loved it. I could be a housewife in a heartbeat!

3 members found this post helpful.

Wow, that was my lunch yesterday! So glad to know I'm not the only one but I do have to say I didn't feel so good after eating the whole container of dip and most of the bag of chips, plus the fun size butterfingers.

Quote Originally Posted by HopeandJoy View Post
    Wow, that was my lunch yesterday! So glad to know I'm not the only one but I do have to say I didn't feel so good after eating the whole container of dip and most of the bag of chips, plus the fun size butterfingers.
    I know how you felt!! I didn't feel so good afterward either. BUT.....mmmmmm.....wasn't it good? I was sitting through dinner at the restaurant not wanting to eat at all and just barely picking at my food.

I'm so hoping to be better today.

I love shoes. Love. I own an embarrassing number.

I secretly watch that show "Hoarders" when my husband isn't around because he thinks it's twisted.

I can't have Reese's cups in the house because I can't stop eating them. Really, I can't stop.

I hate football, I don't understand it, totally boring, but I will pretend to enjoy it in mixed company.

I loved the Twilight series.

(((hanging head in mortifying shame)))
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

When no one is home I put all the brushes in the dishwasher.

I hide good stuff from my husband in the dark recesses of the back of the refrigerator....and delude myself that I didn't really hide it because if he actually looked he would find it.

I don't like my Sister and her family.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

I too, hate Halloween. You guys make me feel better! I was beginning to feel like the only Killjoy that hates it. A friend's child is dressing up as a "soul stealer" for Halloween. She's really proud that her 7 year old came up with that idea and made his own costume.

Um, wow. Zombie movies and the like terrify me, and I'm grown, and Zombies are just after your brains -- I can't imagine a child excited about stealing people's souls . . . <shudder> But, I also found _The Picture of Dorian Grey_ terribly disturbing, so I've always been afraid of the idea of losing one's soul . . .
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

I know how you felt!! I didn't feel so good afterward either. BUT.....mmmmmm.....wasn't it good? I was sitting through dinner at the restaurant not wanting to eat at all and just barely picking at my food.

I'm so hoping to be better today.
    Not doing much better so far, breakfast was leftovers from dinner last night and most of a pint of Vanilla Swiss Almond ice cream...I think lunch is going to be pie. I think I need to go grocery shopping and get some real food!

I have a pet tarantula and I baby talk to her all the time. I also have a pet snake and I give him kisses. :x
    Eventers of the West
    A Facebook group I created for Eventers in the West Region of the U.S.
    Remy - My OTTB Gelding! Love him to pieces!