The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    watching/reading folks on here who don't have a CLUE as to anything military is less than comical.

My husband was in that Iraq war. And Bosnia. And Afghanistan. Have you ever had someone call you before the news to reassure you that yes, his office was blown up and yes, there were some people killed, but he wasn't at the office at that time?

Have you ever had your husband call from Africa to tell you he loved you because he was targeted by Osama Bin Laden and he didn't think he was going to get a chance to see you again? Fortunately, our intel guys found the bomb before they blew him up.

Have you ever had your husband in a war zone and not hear from him for long periods of time and wonder what conditions he's in and if he's safe?

Comical?

My husband gave his entire life in service to his country. He loved this country and our whole family sacrificed. He was always torn because his sense of duty was so strong that it kept him away from his family for such long periods of time.

In January of 2009, as Obama was stating we would be leaving Afghanistan and GAVE A DATE and his other objectives, my husband was sitting in a recliner, dying of cancer with tears streaming down his eyes and asking if his life had been a waste and if all the sacrifice was for nothing.

He was proud of his country, proud of his military and knew exactly what we were capable of. Unfortunately, the politicians give our men and women a mission and then tie their hands, making their work so much more dangerous with their "rules of engagement", that it's a wonder they put up with it at all.

Comical?

You don't have a clue. Your ignorance shows with every post you make.

We have the finest military in the world, the best trained, the best equipped and the smartest. And our president isn't fit to shine their boots.

So your husband was upset the US is pulling out of Afghanistan? And what are the rules of engagement that are tying the hands of the military?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    You are PO'd that you got called on your ignorance by those of us who know better. I guess anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow world view is crazy. You are klassy there.

No one said Minnie or her husband were CIA, that was YOUR stupid bottom line litmus for anyone to qualify as having more military knowledge than you.

You need to grow up and learn when to admit you are in the wrong. There ARE people on this forum with more knowledge of our assets, their placement and how they are used than you. Get over it - you might learn something.
    I do not believe that you or Minnie have been blessed with information from the foreign policy Gods. You and others that believe the Fox News Gods have chosen you for special information is funny. It is comical that you and others think you have more information than the rest of us.

God bless your special abilities with foreign policy information. I hope it serves you well in the next generation of "special foreign policy implementation".

This "Off Topic Day Forum" is priceless in determining who is playing with a full deck and who is not.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I am sorry about the death of your husband however, it does not change the reality that you are overstating your knowledge of foreign affairs. I feel sorry for you.
    well, bless your heart

4 members found this post helpful.

I do not believe that you or Minnie have been blessed with information from the foreign policy Gods. You and others that believe the Fox News Gods have chosen you for special information is funny. It is comical that you and others think you have more information than the rest of us.

God bless your special abilities with foreign policy information. I hope it serves you well in the next generation of "special foreign policy implementation".

This "Off Topic Day Forum" is priceless in determining who is playing with a full deck and who is not.

Yes, and you're obviously NOT! LOL

5 members found this post helpful.

I know...now at least we know your deck is a few cards short, eh?

Again, I don't get my info from "Fox News" but since that is your only answer to any of the information that has been laid out for you (practically in a "Benghazi for Dummies" format) I guess that tells me exactly how much you DO know. Not enough to intelligently discourse on where my description of our assets and available forces was wrong. You just want to call names and stick your tongue out.

I am still waiting for you to tell me how your knowledge of military assets is superior to mine, and how your knowledge of foreign policy is superior to mine. Or even equal to mine, that is fine, too.

Or are you really going to stick with your lame accusation that I get all my knowledge from Fox News?
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by grayarabpony View Post
    So your husband was upset the US is pulling out of Afghanistan? And what are the rules of engagement that are tying the hands of the military?
    When you give a targeted date that you're leaving you set up to fail. Your enemy will be emboldened and the afghanis will waiver and start protecting their own backsides. Things have begun to deteriorate ever since there was a STATED target date. Any details of end of mission should be discussed with the Afghan President and those in the field and not telegraphed to the taliban. We promised them we'd "have their backs".

That's the cliffnotes version

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by grayarabpony View Post
    Oh sweet and merciful Lord. I am guessing he was upset that our "president" told the bad guys exactly when we planned to move out so they could resume being, well, bad guys openly. Do you not GET that, with all your superior knowledge?

Maybe the rules of engagement tying our hands are that WE are required to abide by the Geneva convention - they are not. Do you know what the Geneva convention is? Cause I want to make sure it doesn't look like we maybe know something you don't.

6 members found this post helpful.

I know...now at least we know your deck is a few cards short, eh?

Again, I don't get my info from "Fox News" but since that is your only answer to any of the information that has been laid out for you (practically in a "Benghazi for Dummies" format) I guess that tells me exactly how much you DO know. Not enough to intelligently discourse on where my description of our assets and available forces was wrong. You just want to call names and stick your tongue out.

I am still waiting for you to tell me how your knowledge of military assets is superior to mine, and how your knowledge of foreign policy is superior to mine. Or even equal to mine, that is fine, too.

Or are you really going to stick with your lame accusation that I get all my knowledge from Fox News?
    Either that or the voices in your head. Classified information is not available to the average citizen and those that have classified information do not gossip on a BB.

You people are crazy. Minnie is not working for the CIA nor did her husband, and this kind of disparaging gossip is complete BS. Anyone who has classified information does not go on a public BB and gossip.

You want to disparage me, go ahead, but you are all showing your crazy. Grow up, get a life and stop the dribble you call "military intelligence". I just cannot fathom that you can take yourself seriously after this.
    When facts are against you, then the last resort is personal insults.

No one need explain their own or their family background to SV. SV has one line of thought and has no intention of hearing anything else.
    Good night and good bye SV.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

.....and I DON'T get all my news from Fox. I watch their "hard news", you know the one with real reporters like abc,cbs,nbc USED to have and I do like On the Record with Greta on occasion. And I read. A lot.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    .....and I DON'T get all my news from Fox. I watch their "hard news", you know the one with real reporters like abc,cbs,nbc USED to have and I do like On the Record with Greta on occasion. And I read. A lot.
    Oh ya, we all buy that one, "I only watch the real Faux News" that is priceless.

2 members found this post helpful.

Either that or the voices in your head. Classified information is not available to the average citizen and those that have classified information do not gossip on a BB.
    Oh, for heavens sakes. None of us here have said anything about classified. Nothing we've talked about has been classified. Anyone who wants to know of the information we've put out here can find it.

are you smokin' somethin'? Your brain appears to be a little foggy as you seem to have trouble comprehending what's written.

Again, your only answer is to say I have voices in my head. Speshul.

NO ONE IS DISCUSSING ANYTHING CLASSIFIED, get it? We are discussing publicly available knowledge for anyone who can read and is willing to look anywhere other than the huffington post. We are discussing our military assets that ARE in the area. It isn't classified that we have AC130's at Sigonella. If you knew what WE know, you would understand that they have crews on 5 minute alert at all times. See, I know this because my husband flew ECM aircraft out of Italy. It isn't classified that they have PAVE SPECTRE laser guided ordnance on board. See, I know this because I have been inside an AC-130 fairly recently and had a good long talk with the pilot who is a good friend of mine. I know from our conversations (with a real PILOT!) that we don't light up the target unless the air asset is in the area and synced. That is why MY knowledge is better than yours. That is the type of Intel I have, that you don't. Doesn't make me "crazy" it just means that gosh by golly I have extra "Intel" you don't.

Now, either do something other than call us crazy for being RIGHT or go away.

You know what? I don't watch fox news but once in a blue moon. I do my own research. You failed to address anything I wrote, lex, so I am assuming you can't refute what I am saying.

We have AC130 spectre gunships stationed in Sigonella.
    The asset on the roof of the compound had a laser designator on the attackers.
    Someone told the delivery system synced to that GDL not to fire. Period. Why?

I also find it funny that in response to those of us who DO know what our military is capable of actually speaking up, we get in return basically that no one knows but the head of the CIA.

Gee, Stolenvirtue, I guess you know exactly what did and did not happen over there since your husband is the head of the CIA. It is laughable that those of you who have no idea what you are talking about are trying to discredit those of us who do with basically no information to back you up. Of course the media is going to downplay this days before the election. Educate yourself on our military and its capabilities, then let's talk.

And Minnie, I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for your family's service.
    OK, let's play your game a bit. Say everything you say is true (although you have not posted anything to substantiate what you are saying). If we were armed ready and everything was set up perfectly for a clean strike, why would anyone say to not take it? What answer makes sense? There are none. And that is because the situation was not as clear cut as you are trying to portray.

Minnie, my condolences for your loss and my heartfelt thanks to your husband for selflessly serving his country.

I might not agree with you on some of this stuff, but we certainly can agree that your husband and others that haved served out country deserve the utmost of respect!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    OK, let's play your game a bit. Say everything you say is true (although you have not posted anything to substantiate what you are saying). If we were armed ready and everything was set up perfectly for a clean strike, why would anyone say to not take it? What answer makes sense? There are none. And that is because the situation was not as clear cut as you are trying to portray.
    Look, Google AC130. Google sigonella. Google CIA on the roof with laser. Seriously. What is it that is not substantiated? It will take you less than five minutes to confirm what a spectre gunship is, what kind of ordnance it carries, and how it is used. A kindergartner could do it.

And do you not get that the whole question we want answered is WHY? Really? I would like the answer to that VERY much. That is the whole point. And I very much hope Mr. Obama gets a chance to answer that question, under oath.

Since none of us were there in Bengazi at the time of the terrorist attack, I have to throw a different thought on the use of the laser targer designator. IF there wasn't an aircraft overhead, the terrorists didn't know that. The laser beam can be detected if one knows how. Terrorists are not stupid. The stupid ones were killed early in Iraq. Pres Bush was right to have the fight there instead of American soil. I digress... Perhaps the laser was being used to disrupt the mortar attack. The CIA guys might have been counting on the laser being detected to force the mortar crew to move their position. That would mean taking down and resetting the mortar. The downside is then they gave away their position on the roof. It was a tactic to buy time... For help that never came in time.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    I've replied to this question before.. Obama is risk adverse. There are reports that Obama had several chances to get Bin Ladin. They weren't approved because the "Intell wasn't good enough" Sound familar? Sec Defense said the same thing. That you can search for easy - peasy

9/11/12 Obama was riding the crest to re-election ... He didn't want to risk a failed mission like Carter. But when the bodies were counted, a distraction was needed... A demonstration against a movie TRAILER ( no movie has been made) that got out of hand.

There is a saying for seekers of truth in any situation ... Cui bono?

Latin for "Who Benefits?"

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by hosspuller View Post
    Since none of us were there in Bengazi at the time of the terrorist attack, I have to throw a different thought on the use of the laser targer designator. IF there wasn't an aircraft overhead, the terrorists didn't know that. The laser beam can be detected if one knows how. Terrorists are not stupid. The stupid ones were killed early in Iraq. Pres Bush was right to have the fight there instead of American soil. I digress... Perhaps the laser was being used to disrupt the mortar attack. The CIA guys might have been counting on the laser being detected to force the mortar crew to move their position. That would mean taking down and resetting the mortar. The downside is then they gave away their position on the roof. It was a tactic to buy time... For help that never came in time.
    I respect your theory, and I seriously thank you for putting forth something other than name calling. Thank you.

I can't say you are wrong, but I firmly believe the attackers are not equipped well enough to detect that, they would have had to have sophisticated IR equipment. Nor did the bad guys detect it and pack up and move. And the agent's position on the roof was no secret, he was also using a machine gun off the roof at the same time. Lastly, you don't need any large equipment, just one guy holding the 60mm launcher to lob mortars.

Quote Originally Posted by hosspuller View Post
    I've replied to this question before.. Obama is risk adverse. There are reports that Obama had several chances to get Bin Ladin. They weren't approved because the "Intell wasn't good enough" Sound familar? Sec Defense said the same thing. That you can search for easy - peasy

9/11/12 Obama was riding the crest to re-election ... He didn't want to risk a failed mission like Carter.

There is a saying for seekers of truth in any situation ... Cui bono? Latin for "Who Benefits?"
    I agree, the question to ask is who benefits? In this case, during a direct attack on Americans (which is quite different than finding Bin Ladin), why would anyone call off a clean strike? The risk of doing that IS huge. So if indeed it did happen, there must have been a pretty strong reason. I'm not convinced it did happen. The story being told here by those "in the know" is something you can pick up in any internet search, but it is conjecture. There is no evidence. I see a bunch of people claiming there MUST have been air support on site, but again, no evidence. And there are reasonable alternative explanations. I'd post a few, but I decided I am done with this argument (anyone who cares can do their own research). It will get nowhere. And there is no point, for nobody posting here (myself included) has all the information.