The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 355
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    so, yes, I'm a little familiar with terrorists. My husband was in the military for 30 years. Another 10 years in civilian military support positions. I know a little about what they have for equipment and what they're capable of. I've lived it. At least during the time he was alive and deployed he knew someone had his back. I can guarantee you there are a lot of our service people out there right now who aren't so sure.

    Any more comments?


    7 members found this post helpful.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    24,490

    Default

    Secret Squirrel.

    Didn't point a single person out.

    No need to bite my head off.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte



  3. #123
    Join Date
    May. 4, 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I tell ya what, you write a battle plan for how the Benghazi attacks should have been handled with details of weapons and the military assets that you would have used to respond and we'll see whether or not you're just a buffoon waving the flag.
    I'll tell ya what, I would have LISTENED and responded when they asked for more security before it even happened, not told them that they could have weapons but NO bullets. I'll tell ya what, when the two CIA who were killed were standing on the roof with a laser on the guys hitting the compound with mortars, I would have USED our AC-130's with PAVE SPECTRE laser guided munitions to hit the target they were so nicely painting for me. You don't paint a target until the guided munitions delivery system is synced to the ground designator laser. This means that the AC130U spectre gunship was *already on station* and ready to take the shot, or the *Predator drone filming the whole thing was armed!* Who told them not to take the shot and WHY? I'll tell ya what, I would have called on the Brit forces who are our allies and in the area to come to our aid, or the Turkish forces. I'll tell ya what, I would have called on our guys from Sigonella to come to our aid because they were about an HOUR away from the fight, the one where at least two of our casualties didn't die until four hours in. Maybe two guys would still be alive.

    I don't have to draw up a battle plan to know that the way this was handled was wrong, and then the stupid cover up story of a YouTube video (and subsequent arrest of the guy who made the video for show) was adding insult to injury. You can call me a buffoon waving a flag all you want, doesn't change the fact that *I* understand the stuff being discussed a lot more than some people do, and anyone who wants to tell me I am not qualified to discuss military matters can kiss my Marine Wife backside.

    When my son and daughter are in harm's way, I will thank God it is not Obama (headed to Vegas for a campaign event) making the decisions anymore.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

    Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden


    10 members found this post helpful.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    I'll tell ya what, I would have LISTENED and responded when they asked for more security before it even happened, not told them that they could have weapons but NO bullets. I'll tell ya what, when the two CIA who were killed were standing on the roof with a laser on the guys hitting the compound with mortars, I would have USED our AC-130's with PAVE SPECTRE laser guided munitions to hit the target they were so nicely painting for me. You don't paint a target until the guided munitions delivery system is synced to the ground designator laser. This means that the AC130U spectre gunship was *already on station* and ready to take the shot, or the *Predator drone filming the whole thing was armed!* Who told them not to take the shot and WHY? I'll tell ya what, I would have called on the Brit forces who are our allies and in the area to come to our aid, or the Turkish forces. I'll tell ya what, I would have called on our guys from Sigonella to come to our aid because they were about an HOUR away from the fight, the one where at least two of our casualties didn't die until four hours in. Maybe two guys would still be alive.

    I don't have to draw up a battle plan to know that the way this was handled was wrong, and then the stupid cover up story of a YouTube video (and subsequent arrest of the guy who made the video for show) was adding insult to injury. You can call me a buffoon waving a flag all you want, doesn't change the fact that *I* understand the stuff being discussed a lot more than some people do, and anyone who wants to tell me I am not qualified to discuss military matters can kiss my Marine Wife backside.

    When my son and daughter are in harm's way, I will thank God it is not Obama (headed to Vegas for a campaign event) making the decisions anymore.
    YOU GO GIRL! I, for one, am tired of listening to the crap spewing forth from those who have no idea whatsoever and prefer to feel superior while they're sticking their heads in the sand while their beloved president is lying to them.

    Most of the civilian population have absolutely no idea of the hardships and stresses and strains of the military family. People, the military are NOT warmongers. They ARE warriors. When they're strong and well equipped and extremely well trained, THEY are the security that keeps the peace. The majority of them I've met (and over 40 years, that's a few) have a strong sense of duty and the pride that if they do their job well they SAVE lives. And they're willing to sacrifice their own to do that. And we live with that EACH AND EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES. And we mourn together when we lose one. And no one hates war more than the members of the military.


    12 members found this post helpful.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    so, yes, I'm a little familiar with terrorists. My husband was in the military for 30 years. Another 10 years in civilian military support positions. I know a little about what they have for equipment and what they're capable of. I've lived it. At least during the time he was alive and deployed he knew someone had his back. I can guarantee you there are a lot of our service people out there right now who aren't so sure.

    Any more comments?
    Oh, gee Minnie I did not know that your husband was the head of the CIA and that he thought you and Fox News should be informing the COTH public of all of the "classified information " out there.

    Really, I think your take on the political world is so funny. Gotta laugh at those people who think they actually have the pulse of the world view .......Too funny.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,125

    Default

    I love how Faux News is the only media outlet saying that A, B, C, and D happened in Benghazi because they got the truth from secret sources while almost every other outlet refutes what they say and many discredit them with testimony and statements from the military regarding what assets were in play and what was going on.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    6 members found this post helpful.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Oh, gee Minnie I did not know that your husband was the head of the CIA and that he thought you and Fox News should be informing the COTH public of all of the "classified information " out there.

    Really, I think your take on the political world is so funny. Gotta laugh at those people who think they actually have the pulse of the world view .......Too funny.
    I guess you didn't read very carefully. My husband died.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I love how Faux News is the only media outlet saying that A, B, C, and D happened in Benghazi because they got the truth from secret sources while almost every other outlet refutes what they say and many discredit them with testimony and statements from the military regarding what assets were in play and what was going on.
    Yes, but Fox News has yet to speak with "Minnie" clearly this story will change the course of history once "minnie" is interviewed with all of the classified information that He/she has on this topic.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    I guess you didn't read very carefully. My husband died.
    I am sorry about the death of your husband however, it does not change the reality that you are overstating your knowledge of foreign affairs. I feel sorry for you.



  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun. 25, 2004
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    4,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    I guess you didn't read very carefully. My husband died.
    SV has more fun insulting anyone who is not in lock step with him/her.

    Condolences for you loss and Thank You to your family, it is the entire family, for your service to our country.
    This is also for others with active and retired military members.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim


    11 members found this post helpful.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    May. 4, 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    You know what? I don't watch fox news but once in a blue moon. I do my own research. You failed to address anything I wrote, lex, so I am assuming you can't refute what I am saying.

    We have AC130 spectre gunships stationed in Sigonella.
    The asset on the roof of the compound had a laser designator on the attackers.
    Someone told the delivery system synced to that GDL not to fire. Period. Why?

    I also find it funny that in response to those of us who DO know what our military is capable of actually speaking up, we get in return basically that no one knows but the head of the CIA.

    Gee, Stolenvirtue, I guess you know exactly what did and did not happen over there since your husband is the head of the CIA. It is laughable that those of you who have no idea what you are talking about are trying to discredit those of us who do with basically no information to back you up. Of course the media is going to downplay this days before the election. Educate yourself on our military and its capabilities, then let's talk.

    And Minnie, I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for your family's service.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

    Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden


    7 members found this post helpful.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    SV has more fun insulting anyone who is not in lock step with him/her.

    Condolences for you loss and Thank You to your family, it is the entire family, for your service to our country.
    This is also for others with active and retired military members.
    And my father earned a purple heart in WWII. Insulting ? No I think those of you pretending to have information that does not exist just to feed your own ego and sense of injustice are insulting. Truth is you and Minnie are playing politics with foreign policy, nothing more. You both are insulting.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    May. 4, 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I am sorry about the death of your husband however, it does not change the reality that you are overstating your knowledge of foreign affairs. I feel sorry for you.
    You are unreal. How do you know this? How do you know who Minnie is and what she does not or does know?

    You have no idea, that is the point. I am VERY well educated on foreign affairs. I have been stationed in foreign countries. I am married to a man who lived in Iran during the fall of the Shah and speaks farsi. We are both constantly educating ourselves on what is happening in the middle east. My husband and many of our BEST FRIENDS have fought and bled over there and then come home to discuss what is going on ON THE GROUND in country with us. My best friend/maid of honor lived in Bahrain for three years, visited her more than once. When is the last time you were in an Arab country, gathering all your vast foreign affairs knowledge?

    Oh, that is right.....we don't know anything anybody else doesn't know...blah blah blah.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

    Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden


    8 members found this post helpful.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    May. 4, 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    And my father earned a purple heart in WWII. Insulting ? No I think those of you pretending to have information that does not exist just to feed your own ego and sense of injustice are insulting. Truth is you and Minnie are playing politics with foreign policy, nothing more. You both are insulting.
    We are a long ways from WW2 in our capabilities. YOU are insulting. Truth is some of us have better knowledge of SOP and foreign policy, and some of you can't stand it.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

    Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden


    7 members found this post helpful.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jun. 25, 2004
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    4,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    And my father earned a purple heart in WWII. Insulting ? No I think those of you pretending to have information that does not exist just to feed your own ego and sense of injustice are insulting. Truth is you and Minnie are playing politics with foreign policy, nothing more. You both are insulting.
    Have you spoken with your father or anyone with current military experience about this? You will get a different view point than that of the huffington post.
    I listen to multiple news sources, tend to stay away from Internet news sites as they are even more slanted than TV and speak to people with personal experience in current matters. I am blessed to be friends with current and retired military people from different branches. One can learn much listening to those men and women.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim


    5 members found this post helpful.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Nov. 4, 2003
    Location
    Sanger, TX, USA
    Posts
    4,835

    Default

    Minnie, sorry for your loss and thank you for your husband's service. Being a military wife is not an easy job. My time as one was only for 2-3 years back
    in the late 60's and he was in the Navy and never in harm's way during his time
    in the Navy.
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!


    2 members found this post helpful.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,075

    Default

    You people are crazy. Minnie is not working for the CIA nor did her husband, and this kind of disparaging gossip is complete BS. Anyone who has classified information does not go on a public BB and gossip.

    You want to disparage me, go ahead, but you are all showing your crazy. Grow up, get a life and stop the dribble you call "military intelligence". I just cannot fathom that you can take yourself seriously after this.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    May. 4, 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BasqueMom View Post
    Minnie, sorry for your loss and thank you for your husband's service. Being a military wife is not an easy job. My time as one was only for 2-3 years back
    in the late 60's and he was in the Navy and never in harm's way during his time
    in the Navy.
    Hey, it wasn't easy back then either! My dad was a fast attack sub driver (youngest chief of the boat in the Navy!) and I remember not seeing him for months on end. This was 70's but still - at least the communications for military families have gotten way better!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

    Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    May. 4, 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    You people are crazy. Minnie is not working for the CIA nor did her husband, and this kind of disparaging gossip is complete BS. Anyone who has classified information does not go on a public BB and gossip.

    You want to disparage me, go ahead, but you are all showing your crazy. Grow up, get a life and stop the dribble you call "military intelligence". I just cannot fathom that you can take yourself seriously after this.
    You are PO'd that you got called on your ignorance by those of us who know better. I guess anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow world view is crazy. You are klassy there.

    No one said Minnie or her husband were CIA, that was YOUR stupid bottom line litmus for anyone to qualify as having more military knowledge than you.

    You need to grow up and learn when to admit you are in the wrong. There ARE people on this forum with more knowledge of our assets, their placement and how they are used than you. Get over it - you might learn something.

    ETA - no one on here has said they have classified knowledge. We are reacting to publicly available information in a different way based on what we know that other people may not know.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

    Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden


    9 members found this post helpful.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2001
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    581

    Default

    The media IS obviously bias, anyone can see that. and Obama is a lame excuse for a pres with all his hidden history. The most UNAMERICAN , fake person to of ever been voted as president.Enjoy your freedom now because our days are numbered. His goverment will be controlling everyone of us.Very sad to see so many blinders on American citizens as to his hidden agenda


    8 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Dressage in the Media Now!
    By babecakes in forum Dressage
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jun. 20, 2012, 11:25 AM
  2. Fun naming thread.. liberal use of the word Puck
    By horse-loverz in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Nov. 18, 2011, 11:06 PM
  3. Gas prices and the Media
    By bigbaytb in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: Apr. 24, 2011, 08:36 AM
  4. The media blitz needs to STOP NOW!!
    By Velvet in forum Favorites
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: Sep. 20, 2001, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness