The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Updates on the CIA and Defense Dept. roles.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,2438659.story
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    Lol....Geraldo who got kicked out of Iraq for discussing on national TV the route the unit he was embedded in was about to take? Yeah, he's one to listen to.

Look, the attackers in Libya and Egypt were muslim brotherhood. Not the first time Obama has refused to take action against them, hopefully it will be the last because he is voted out Tuesday. Morsi should never have been invited to America.
    You know they are Muslim Brotherhood how?

2 members found this post helpful.

Ummmm...all you have to do is Google it.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

Ah, I see and Google is the bearer of truth always? For example, google Santorum.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    According to Leon Panetta, why the U.S. didn't send in reinforcements:

'The "basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," he said during a joint question-and-answer session with Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff General Martin Dempsey.
    "As a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, General Ham, General Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation," Panetta said. General Carter Ham commands the U.S. Africa Command'
    And if forces were put at risk and they died this thread would still be up.

The reality is that when you have a record of a president that includes killing the worlds most powerfull terrorist and helping another middle east country overthrow their dictator with no boots on the ground, you make up a story about some sort of failure by that same president. It was a terrorist attack and decisions were made and Fox News does not have classified information nor does the OP.

Decisions are made all the time, like when Pres. Bush ignored the chatter about an attack on the US before 9/11and I'm sure Fox News never carried that story. The reality is that we don't know all the details, I would never condemn Bush for his decisions either.

Nice try, and fools that buy into this stuff are born everyday.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    And if forces were put at risk and they died this thread would still be up.

The reality is that when you have a record of a president that includes killing the worlds most powerfull terrorist and helping another middle east country overthrow their dictator with no boots on the ground, you make up a story about some sort of failure by that same president. It was a terrorist attack and decisions were made and Fox News does not have classified information nor does the OP.

Decisions are made all the time, like when Pres. Bush ignored the chatter about an attack on the US before 9/11and I'm sure Fox News never carried that story. The reality is that we don't know all the details, I would never condemn Bush for his decisions either.

Nice try, and fools that buy into this stuff are born everyday.
    SV ..My issue is the attempt to cover-up the coordinated attack in Bengazi by calling it a demonstration gone bad. For Days or weeks? The WH sent out press releases and top personnel to spread the lie. I call it a lie because the WH has said it was a demonstration when they knew the truth as it was happening.

It is always the cover-up that's worse than the truth. Mistakes are made, chatter not judged worthy, But lies are not.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-cia-account/#

A little more light on the situation from some of those that were actually there.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-cia-account/#

A little more light on the situation from some of those that were actually there.
    What a bunch of BS. In any area like this, you do not reveal all of your capabilities, no matter who you are. the idea that these "sources" would even make those kinds of statements is ridiculous. And who are these unnamed sources? And a lot of arm chair quarterbacking. Out of curiosity, how do you fire an armed drone at someone that that is storming a compound full of YOUR people? Tripoli vs Italy? Opinion and hindsight only. I could go on, but why bother. The Foxheads will believe the koolaid.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    What a bunch of BS. In any area like this, you do not reveal all of your capabilities, no matter who you are. the idea that these "sources" would even make those kinds of statements is ridiculous. And who are these unnamed sources? And a lot of arm chair quarterbacking. Out of curiosity, how do you fire an armed drone at someone that that is storming a compound full of YOUR people? Tripoli vs Italy? Opinion and hindsight only. I could go on, but why bother. The Foxheads will believe the koolaid.
    Please read for comprehension.....

"Fox News was told by both American and British contacts who were in Benghazi that night that the CIA timeline rolled out this past week is only "loosely based on the truth" and "doesn't quite add up."

This information was supplied by people who were there.

You do not fire an armed drone at someone that is storming a compound, you fire an armed drone at the people ready to fire MORTARS, which is set up some distance away. The seals with the machine guns on the roof were capable of fending off any individuals trying to storm the compound. You're obviously not very familiar with any military tactics or capabilities.

This is NOT koolaid, opinion and hindsight.

9 members found this post helpful.

If we place blame on Obama for these terrorist attacks then we must conversely blame Bush for the 911 attacks and the lives lost there.
    It seems that we misdirect all of our anger and blame on our leadership rather than focus our attention on the scum that plan and execute missions to kill innocent people.
    This is the stupidity of simple party politics and a failure of ideology.
    As a nation we must re- think our original doctrine and advance freedom and democracy as an EXAMPLE rather than attempt to reform other countries through force, financial contributions and/or trade agreements.
    I'm pretty sure that we have failed in backing new leadership in South America, the Middle East and Africa. The question remains about how many times we have to learn from previous mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLIGORY View Post
    If we place blame on Obama for these terrorist attacks then we must conversely blame Bush for the 911 attacks and the lives lost there.
    It seems that we misdirect all of our anger and blame on our leadership rather than focus our attention on the scum that plan and execute missions to kill innocent people.
    This is the stupidity of simple party politics and a failure of ideology.
    As a nation we must re- think our original doctrine and advance freedom and democracy as an EXAMPLE rather than attempt to reform other countries through force, financial contributions and/or trade agreements.
    I'm pretty sure that we have failed in backing new leadership in South America, the Middle East and Africa. The question remains about how many times we have to learn from previous mistakes.

apples and oranges. There was some chatter before the original 9/11, but no targets, no methods and no impending timeline.

Benghazi - totally different story. They'd already been attacked in April and again in June. a 12 foot hole was blown in the consulate wall. They knew al sharia and alquida were growing and active in Benghazi. The British ambassador was attacked and they pulled their people out. The Red Cross left. Our ambassador and his security team were begging for more security. What did our government do? In August, They pulled out the last American 16 man team OUT and relied on the Libyan security, which our people had already told them was ineffective. They repeatedly asked for more security and TOLD the Sec. of Defense they C"O"U"L"D NOT DEFEND against a coordinated attack. We were the last westerners there, they'd already attacked us twice with no repercussions. DUH!

There will be an investigation and I highly suspect impeachment hearings commence at some time early in the next year. The administration was incompetent, our people died as a result and then the administration lied to the American people for weeks, trying to cover it up. One of the attackers had been picked up in Turkey and turned over to the Tunisians. A couple weeks ago. We couldn't get our FBI folks permission to interrogate. In spite of what the president said over and over about getting to the bottom of things, he obviously couldn't be bothered to pick up the phone and call the Tunisians to get permission for our FBI to interrogate one of the guys who attacked our consulate. How do I know this? Because a couple days ago, Senator Lindsey Grahm wrote a letter and made a phone call and our FBI is now on the ground in Tunisa. So, if a Senator can get that done in 2 days, don't you think maybe our president coulda done that a couple weeks ago when they first picked him up? Oh yeah, he had more important things to do. He was campaigning - couldn't be bothered to do his job as president.

9 members found this post helpful.

minnie--AS long as you were raving about Bush's incompetence and killing thousands of Americans in a useless war with fake facts he knew were fake, I'm all good with you raving about this. Of course we didn't find out the EXTENT of fake facts for YEARS, but, I'm sure you were on it. And you know he was reading to little kids and couldn't be bothered while the twin towers went down, and I'm sure you were ranting about that, too.

Otherwise, this seems REALLY disingenuous.

I think it is comical that Minnie and others think they actually "know" all about terrorists and the CIA. Ya, it is all out there in the open and Fox News can access all of the "classified information"....This stuff just cracks me up about the Fox News Koolaid drinkers....

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I think it is comical that Minnie and others think they actually "know" all about terrorists and the CIA. Ya, it is all out there in the open and Fox News can access all of the "classified information"....This stuff just cracks me up about the Fox News Koolaid drinkers....
    exactly

Watching/reading folks on here from either side attempting to explain and/or reason through anything military is quite comical.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

SOME of us have a little more credibility having been either in or married to the military (in my case 19 years) for a long time. If you have no experience with the military or its terms, tactics and abilities then you are potentially spouting nonsense. My husband has been in three war zones and almost shot out of the air twice. He spent three years driving tanks and 11 years flying ECM aircraft. I KNOW crap that other civilians might not know.

Stop telling people they "don't know anything" when obviously some are more qualified to speak than others. Have you climbed inside an AC130? Have you lived on a military installation? Have you spent hours listening to your SO talk about our assets and what they can do? Do you know what "close air support" is? What is a Sabot? How about a "FAQ" (and no, not talking about frequently asked questions). If you don't know with absolute certainty what it means when someone says "the target has been painted" then you are LESS qualified than someone who does know what that means.

Our forces (and the Brit and Turkish forces too) have the ability to hit stuff with pinpoint accuracy. When our guy is on the roof with a laser pointing at the guys firing incoming mortars, our forces can take that site out. It is BS that there was "too much confusion" and nothing could be done. It is BS that it would have been putting more troops in harm's way...they would have been over the target, dropped and gone before the attackers even knew what hit them. The folks spouting that are counting on other folks not knowing any better. How else do you think we hit specific targets when it is dark and things have gone to hell in a hand basket? Because someone uses a laser to identify the target for the other someones to demolish.

It is like a bunch of people who didn't go to the Olympics and have only seen a horse from 100 yards or at the state fair trying to describe exactly how Reed Kessler warmed up for her show jumping rounds and what the difference is between an oxer and a coop. I am truly, truly sorry. But in some matters, I feel like I know a bit more about it than posters who do not have the life experience that I (and others like me on this forum) do.

Lastly, it is also BS to compare Benghazi to 9/11. There was a LOT of information about what was coming in Libya freely available and there had been multiple previous attacks on that location. The US was considering moving the consulate more than a month before it went down. Extra security had been requested (and denied) WELL before the final attack in Benghazi. Bush did NOT have that level of knowledge about what was coming on 9/11. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges.

10 members found this post helpful.

Ahh yes, I expected the "thumbs down" to come rolling in. How dare I point out that some posters know this stuff and some don't. Lol.

ETA....I want those of you who are giving me a thumbs down to explain how you are just as qualified as I am to speak about our military assets and what we can do. I want you to tell me when was the last time that you walked through a modern day Marine expo and talked to Lockheed and Boeing about our air assets. (For me it has been less than 60 days, just to be open). Have you talked to anyone from our Marine Corps war fighting lab? Come on...tell me how I am wrong and you all are just as knowledgeable as I am. Really, I can take it. You don't spend almost two decades married to the Corps (the "PS" is silent, Mr. Obama) without learning how to laugh at a little BS.

7 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    Ahh yes, I expected the "thumbs down" to come rolling in. How dare I point out that some posters know this stuff and some don't. Lol.
    I tell ya what, you write a battle plan for how the Benghazi attacks should have been handled with details of weapons and the military assets that you would have used to respond and we'll see whether or not you're just a buffoon waving the flag.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Watching/reading folks on here from either side attempting to explain and/or reason through anything military is quite comical.

wa
    watching/reading folks on here who don't have a CLUE as to anything military is less than comical.

My husband was in that Iraq war. And Bosnia. And Afghanistan. Have you ever had someone call you before the news to reassure you that yes, his office was blown up and yes, there were some people killed, but he wasn't at the office at that time?

Have you ever had your husband call from Africa to tell you he loved you because he was targeted by Osama Bin Laden and he didn't think he was going to get a chance to see you again? Fortunately, our intel guys found the bomb before they blew him up.

Have you ever had your husband in a war zone and not hear from him for long periods of time and wonder what conditions he's in and if he's safe?

Comical?

My husband gave his entire life in service to his country. He loved this country and our whole family sacrificed. He was always torn because his sense of duty was so strong that it kept him away from his family for such long periods of time.

In January of 2009, as Obama was stating we would be leaving Afghanistan and GAVE A DATE and his other objectives, my husband was sitting in a recliner, dying of cancer with tears streaming down his eyes and asking if his life had been a waste and if all the sacrifice was for nothing.

He was proud of his country, proud of his military and knew exactly what we were capable of. Unfortunately, the politicians give our men and women a mission and then tie their hands, making their work so much more dangerous with their "rules of engagement", that it's a wonder they put up with it at all.

Comical?

You don't have a clue. Your ignorance shows with every post you make.

We have the finest military in the world, the best trained, the best equipped and the smartest. And our president isn't fit to shine their boots.

8 members found this post helpful.

AMEN. Those who haven't been in any way involved in military operations from the front lines or the home front have no idea. None.

7 members found this post helpful.