The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

OMG! I can NOT believe people STILL don't the debt of the wars were NOT put on the books!

http://www.businessinsider.com/who-i...he-debt-2012-9

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-barack-obama/

"“If not for the Bush tax cuts, the deficit-financed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the effects of the worst recession since the Great Depression (including the cost of policymakers’ actions to combat it), we would not be facing these huge deficits in the near term. By themselves, in fact, the Bush tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will account for almost half of the $20 trillion in debt that, under current policies, the nation will owe by 2019. The stimulus law and financial rescues will account for less than 10 percent of the debt at that time.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...amas-deficits/

“Debt when Obama took office: $10.7 trillion

Debt Today: $15.7 trillion
    Total: $5 trillion

Subtract $1.2 trillion in debt added between the start of fiscal year 2008 (October 1st) and Obama’s inauguration (1/20/09).
    New Total: $3.8 trillion

Subtract $1.4 trillion from interest payments on the national debt.
    New Total: $2.4 trillion

$403 billion of the debt added under Obama is from war spending.
    New Total: $2 trillion

$620 billion of the deficit added under Obama is through the two year extension of the Bush Tax Cuts, which he had to do due to the GOP holding unemployment benefits extension hostage, as well as middle class tax cuts from the ARRA which combined with the ending of the Bush Tax Cuts would of caused the working class to loss literally THOUSANDS of dollars in income due to losing many tax credits and increased rates in both income tax and payroll taxes.
    New Total: $1.38 trillion

$444 billion of the debt added under Obama comes from the completely unfunded Medicare Part D which took effect in 06. NOTE: Part D costs will reach $1 trillion by 2015 and created a $9.4 trillion unfunded liability over the next 75 years.
    New Total: $936 billion, the approximate real total of debt added due to Obama policies.”

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Noms you are so absolutely wrong, it's a lie.

#1 The war was not included into the budget until after Obama took office THAT is common knowledge unless you live under a rock.

#2 Pssst Obama didn't take office until January of 2009.
    Kind of like how obama pushed the Trillion dollar stimulbust under President Bush's budget?

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/09/obamas-deficit-dodge/

6 members found this post helpful.

From Today's Washington Post

Posted at 12:20 PM ET, 11/05/2012
    Obama’s legacy: The blunder in Benghazi
    By Jennifer Rubin

The Benghazi fiasco is no longer in the category of “not an issue” for the mainstream media. They have largely given up insisting it is not important whether the president was truthful or whether he faltered in preparing for or responding to a jihadist attack. It matters. It might not matter to voters (hence the lack of interest among the political punditocracy that increasingly is divorced from anything resembling a serious policy issue). But it matters greatly to have an accounting of what our intelligence services did, how our executive branch conducted itself and what lessons can be extracted.

Eli Lake tells us that a central defect was our intelligence community’s lack of attention to the jihadist group responsible for the attack. He reports: “Before the attacks, the U.S. intelligence community didn’t consider Ansar al-Sharia a threat to American interests, and the group wasn’t a priority target for the CIA officers monitoring jihadists in Libya, according to U.S. intelligence officials with knowledge of the investigations into the Benghazi attacks.” As a result, Lake explains, ”there were fewer resources deployed to monitor the organization’s members, these officials say. It also makes it tricky to go after the group’s leaders now.”

This is a function, in the larger sense, of Obama’s refusal to consider Islamic jihadists or Islamic fundamentalists (terms he has banned in official communication) to be the real enemy rather than a discrete group, al-Qaeda. The relationship between Ansar al-Sharia and al-Qaeda is not completely known, but by defining our enemy narrowly, we limit our scope of vision, find ourselves unprepared and then are at a disadvantage in spotting the next attack.

Meanwhile, we learn that CBS held back a portion of its Sept. 12 “60 Minutes” interview with President Obama, in which, contrary to his claim during the town-hall debate, the president did not cite Benghazi as a terrorist act. It appears the untruth came in the debate, not in the Rose Garden; at that time the president was understandably trying to avoid declaring his “al-Qaeda is on its heels” stance kaput, while leaving himself some opening to refine the story. Only in the debate did Obama claim certitude that, in all likelihood, did not exist at the time. (As I’ve noted before, it was a dumb exaggeration, leaving the president open to the attack that he then dissembled for a week by tying the attack to the anti-Muslim video.)

Bing West, whose analysis of the Obama debacle has been invaluable, notes that there was an all-hands-on-deck effort last week to leak to the media in order to bolster the claim that local CIA forces really did try to help out at the Benghazi consulate. But he notes of the constant spinning and evasion by the president and his advisers:

The intent is to cause the press and the public to lose interest in a story that seems exhaustively repetitive, while the key issues are never addressed:

1. Why did the State Department ignore repeated warnings that security at Benghazi was deficient?

2. Did operations centers in Washington receive or monitor requests for help during the attack on 9/11/12?

3. Did the president direct the military to use all means to save American lives?

4. If authorized to enter Libyan territory, why did the military not send a fighter aircraft overhead to frighten what the White House claimed was a mob? Why did the military not send an ad hoc rescue force from Sigonella Navy Base, while the CIA was sending six men as the rescue force from Tripoli, about equal distance from Benghazi? Is the U.S. military too rigid to do anything helpful during a seven-hour battle?

5. Why did the White House persist for weeks in spinning a false story about a mob enraged by a YouTube video, when no intelligence supported the story? Who gave our ambassador to the U.N. her “talking points” that emphasized the video? Our intelligence community says it did not come from intelligence agencies.

West writes that Benghazi was “a major setback in the War on Terror,” but it was also a major failing for the mainstream media, which delayed reporting on the central aspects of the scandal for weeks and has never pushed Obama for answers.

That should be a lesson for defenders of a robust military response to the war against jihadist terror: Don’t leave it to the media to get the story out, or right.

By Jennifer Rubin | 12:20 PM ET, 11/05/2012
    "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" Julian Lennon

11 members found this post helpful.

I saw the true clip from the interview with Steve Kroft from 60 minutes and obama regarding the misleading comments. Typical mainstream media.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    The only person responsible for the budget from 2008 - 2012 is OBAMA.
    And pigs can fly.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    watching/reading folks on here who don't have a CLUE as to anything military is less than comical.

My husband was in that Iraq war. And Bosnia. And Afghanistan. Have you ever had someone call you before the news to reassure you that yes, his office was blown up and yes, there were some people killed, but he wasn't at the office at that time?

Have you ever had your husband call from Africa to tell you he loved you because he was targeted by Osama Bin Laden and he didn't think he was going to get a chance to see you again? Fortunately, our intel guys found the bomb before they blew him up.

Have you ever had your husband in a war zone and not hear from him for long periods of time and wonder what conditions he's in and if he's safe?

Comical?

My husband gave his entire life in service to his country. He loved this country and our whole family sacrificed. He was always torn because his sense of duty was so strong that it kept him away from his family for such long periods of time.

In January of 2009, as Obama was stating we would be leaving Afghanistan and GAVE A DATE and his other objectives, my husband was sitting in a recliner, dying of cancer with tears streaming down his eyes and asking if his life had been a waste and if all the sacrifice was for nothing.

He was proud of his country, proud of his military and knew exactly what we were capable of. Unfortunately, the politicians give our men and women a mission and then tie their hands, making their work so much more dangerous with their "rules of engagement", that it's a wonder they put up with it at all.

Comical?

You don't have a clue. Your ignorance shows with every post you make.

We have the finest military in the world, the best trained, the best equipped and the smartest. And our president isn't fit to shine their boots.

Minnie, your post brought me to tears. Thank you for your posts and I posthumously thank your husband for his service. You are so right and I must add that most politicians aren't fit to shine the boots of our service women/men.
    I have to say that some of the responses on this thread make me sick to my stomach. How dare you mock those that have served our country so bravely yet hold as an example, politicians that hide behind the skirt of deferment b/c of wealth. I don't care which side your on, that's disgusting in my opinion.
    Minnie, prayers sent to you and again, thanks for sticking with this dialogue despite the a$$holes that disparage our service people. Geez.....

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    I saw the true clip from the interview with Steve Kroft from 60 minutes and obama regarding the misleading comments. Typical mainstream media.
    I watched the clip as well. I was struck by Obamas lack of emotion or outrage over the attacks and the 4 dead americans, it was like he was just killing time before he boarded AF1 for the more important task of campaigning in Vegas.

Obama flat out lied about the calling the attack an act of terrorism in the 2nd debate. Crowley backed him, she should be FIRED.

Obama will be fired ,,,, tomorrow by the american people, it cant come soon enough.

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    I watched the clip as well. I was struck by Obamas lack of emotion or outrage over the attacks and the 4 dead americans, it was like he was just killing time before he boarded AF1 for the more important task of campaigning in Vegas.

Obama flat out lied about the calling the attack an act of terrorism in the 2nd debate. Crowley backed him, she should be FIRED.

Obama will be fired ,,,, tomorrow by the american people, it cant come soon enough.
    As usual, Crowley won't face any repercussions for her behavior. But Obama will! Can't wait to go vote tomorrow, I will be helping to deliver Virginia for Romney. I think the dem leaning polsters have far underestimated republican enthusiasm and turnout this year. However, we shall see!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

11 members found this post helpful.

The question is, no matter what the result, will you behave like a mature adult and care for those around you, or will you start calling for riots and mayhem? And remember, if R gets in, he has only four years to fix EVERYTHING!

Sigh.

4 members found this post helpful.

No, won't be calling for riots if Romney loses. The only calling for riots I've seen
    is from Obama supporters if he loses.

We will be figuring out what else we can cut back on. Taxameggadon is still looming (Bush tax cuts expire plus the 2% payroll tax cut). Obama is still so stuck on his taxing the rich ideology (the $200/250K crowd) even though he knows it will it the economy but it's "fair". And no, we aren't in that category.
    But if he does get the "rich" taxed and figures out it won't make a dent in the deficeit much less the debt, the middle class will be next.

If Romney is elected, he has a daunting job ahead of him. Without some changes in Congressional leadership, his victory could be in vain. Harry Reid has already stated he ain't working with Republicans again. How I'd like to see some
    Dems with some cajones and concern for their country replace him. Haven't been thrilled with the current Republican leadership either.

Someone mentioned and not even sure if it is this thread that they didn't recognize Republicans as they had gone so right. Well, this old lady doesn't recommend the Democrat party because they have so very left. This isn't the party of Kennedy, that's for sure!
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

7 members found this post helpful.

Ah. I see, if Romney gets elected, he has a daunting job ahead of him and it could all be in vain unless the Congress actually does their job!

Oh. The irony.

McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

I would prefer to vote for a Progressive. There is no option, only a moderate Republican, slightly right of Reagan, and a super right winger, at least at this moment. So, I vote for the slightly right of Reagan "Republican"--Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...JcaQ_blog.html

http://hypervocal.com/politics/2012/...arket-numbers/

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05...onomic-record/

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-spending.html

http://veracitystew.com/2012/06/17/r...economy-chart/

Too bad the right wing media covers this all up.

Quote Originally Posted by BasqueMom View Post
    No, won't be calling for riots if Romney loses. The only calling for riots I've seen
    is from Obama supporters if he loses.

We will be figuring out what else we can cut back on. Taxameggadon is still looming (Bush tax cuts expire plus the 2% payroll tax cut). Obama is still so stuck on his taxing the rich ideology (the $200/250K crowd) even though he knows it will it the economy but it's "fair". And no, we aren't in that category.
    But if he does get the "rich" taxed and figures out it won't make a dent in the deficeit much less the debt, the middle class will be next.

If Romney is elected, he has a daunting job ahead of him. Without some changes in Congressional leadership, his victory could be in vain. Harry Reid has already stated he ain't working with Republicans again. How I'd like to see some
    Dems with some cajones and concern for their country replace him. Haven't been thrilled with the current Republican leadership either.

Someone mentioned and not even sure if it is this thread that they didn't recognize Republicans as they had gone so right. Well, this old lady doesn't recommend the Democrat party because they have so very left. This isn't the party of Kennedy, that's for sure!

Hey, I know where Sanger is!! I live close by...

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    The question is, no matter what the result, will you behave like a mature adult and care for those around you, or will you start calling for riots and mayhem? And remember, if R gets in, he has only four years to fix EVERYTHING!

Sigh.
    When was the last time you saw a bunch of people that fit the Republican demographic rioting because they didn't like the outcome of something??? Most of the time it is the demographic of those that support Obama...young, ignorant, illiterate,black, wanting free things..
    And while that isn't politically correct to say, it's true.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    When was the last time you saw a bunch of people that fit the Republican demographic rioting because they didn't like the outcome of something??? Most of the time it is the demographic of those that support Obama...young, ignorant, illiterate,black, wanting free things..
    wow, just wow......

Mimmie.. sorry about your brave husband.
    Slighlty off topic but slightly on topic you decide..
    Once upon a time I was a Navy wife (dh got out of Navy) this was before Fox news all that there was CNN there was no internet except maybe for military use. I talking you "heard news by mouth" either first hand or 2nd or 3rd or 4th you get the picture..
    Some of you may remeber the two scandles that ran the Navy for a few years one called 'Tail Hook" the other involed a turret blowing up on a battle ship..
    Well as it happened I was friends with the wife one of the officers who was investigating both of these.. And it happened she also knew someone who was on the battleship when the turret blew up in the powder room... He was her ex dh.. So of course we talked about them about we were told at the time not to tell anyone what we were heard/talked about because they were classifed as secret...But we allowed to talk about them between our selves..Just ourselves.
    Do I talk about what I know.. sure It was NOT the kid from oho who was gay. It was the podwerthere was something wrong with it.
    And the girl accoused someone who was not even there.. and the ones that were there she got the race wrong on some and ranks wonrg on others.
    It is like the 500$ toilet seat.. It has something to do with the paint which is still classfied but still know from table talk from somewho was invloved in the acual B-1 project..
    Still unknown to the general population before the stelth was "released" to the public a group of fighters was alerted out of mississippi( i think that is where he was stationed i maybe wrong) over xmas and was sent to alaska to look for "something that went down"... wanna guess what that "something" was that went down"?

So not everything not everything one knows necessarly come fron the "news" when you are involved with the military.. Sometimes it comes from just talking to someone you know...
    Friend of bar .ka

How any American that is a Patriot and that has any sort of work ethic could vote for Obama is beyond me. Really. And how anyone who works hard to afford their horse(s)? Unbelieveable.
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Maude View Post
    How any American that is a Patriot and that has any sort of work ethic could vote for Obama is beyond me. Really. And how anyone who works hard to afford their horse(s)? Unbelieveable.
    Based on that statement, I suspect there are a great many other concepts that are "beyond" you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maude View Post
    Posts like these prove that many humans are just not all that smart.

Romney will help the small percentage of Americans that hold most of the wealth in this country. Are you one of those people?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Eventually there will be riots of all kinds -- if the middle class keeps being squeezed out the way it is by an economy that's been shaped by chiefly Republican legislation since the Reagan era.

I hope Obama has learned at least this: sucking up to fundamentalist Muslims is as useless as sucking up to right wing republicans.

Minnie, I honor your husband's service, but our being in Afghanistan is a losing proposition. No military might we put there will make the slightest difference. Sometimes you must just cut your losses and ensure that, in the future, those who serve will be asked to serve only when there's a clear-cut vision that our actions will improve our national security.

3 members found this post helpful.