The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    When was the last time you saw a bunch of people that fit the Republican demographic rioting because they didn't like the outcome of something??? Most of the time it is the demographic of those that support Obama...young, ignorant, illiterate,black, wanting free things..
    And while that isn't politically correct to say, it's true.
    The "Republican demographic" has a history of rioting at nighttime while wearing silly white sheets. No wonder they are hard to see.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Maude View Post
    How any American that is a Patriot and that has any sort of work ethic could vote for Obama is beyond me. Really. And how anyone who works hard to afford their horse(s)? Unbelieveable.
    Know what I heard from a Democrat *just yesterday*? "How any woman with even the smallest bit of dignity and self respect can vote for Romney is beyond me."

Funny how both sides play that stupid game. No one on this BB is going to change anyone's vote with crap like that. Unbelievable.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmeg View Post
    The "Republican demographic" has a history of rioting at nighttime while wearing silly white sheets. No wonder they are hard to see.
    Nutmeg .. you are misinformed. The democrat party was/is the KKK's party of choice. Do your own net search and you'll learn some history. Remember Lincohn was a Republican.

5 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by hosspuller View Post
    Nutmeg .. you are misinformed. The democrat party was/is the KKK's party of choice. Do your own net search and you'll learn some history. Remember Lincohn was a Republican.
    You're talking about the then Southern Democrats who are today's Southern Republicans, who are tied to the Conservative Christian groups. The KKK operates with the aim of promoting and achieving a predominately White and Conservative Christian nation.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

3 members found this post helpful.

You are absolutely correct on all counts--they were southern Democrats. And Lincoln was a Republican.

However, that was before the "southern strategy" that turned the South from blue to red. So those Democrats are now Southern Republicans. Party lines change and evolve, and it's pretty fair to say that both dominant parties have veered away from their initial tenants quite a bit.

My last post was admittedly bigoted and ignorant, but sometimes you just want to fight fire with fire. Just can't believe this benighted attitude still exists in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    You are absolutely correct on all counts--they were southern Democrats. And Lincoln was a Republican.

However, that was before the "southern strategy" that turned the South from blue to red. So those Democrats are now Southern Republicans. Party lines change and evolve, and it's pretty fair to say that both dominant parties have veered away from their initial tenants quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    You're talking about the then Southern Democrats who are today's Southern Republicans, who are tied to the Conservative Christian groups. The KKK operates with the aim of promoting and achieving a predominately White and Conservative Christian nation.

But, But, But .... Those were "southern" democrats . DEMOCRATS still the same. Who is trying to keep the people on the plantations of dependency and gov't largess? Different tactics but same goal.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Actually the KKK was and probably still is a national organization. I was living in CT when the new National Grand Wizard, the one who gets to wear the red pointy hat, was named. The then new leader of the KKK was a CT resident.

Bigots come in all colors, from all points of the US and the World.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by nutmeg View Post
    My last post was admittedly bigoted and ignorant, but sometimes you just want to fight fire with fire. Just can't believe this benighted attitude still exists in this day and age.
    Thank you ... for your consideration and honesty. It IS unfortunate race, gender, etc on BOTH sides dominate decisions that affect everyone.

Update: Yet 4 members of COTH appreciated your original bigoted post. !
    Last edited by hosspuller; Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: update

1 members found this post helpful.

the demographic of those that support Obama...young, ignorant, illiterate,black, wanting free things..
    First of all, WOW!!!
    Second of all, uh that may be *part* of the truth but he also has more than 50% of the support from people with postgraduate degrees.

One could also argue that Mitt is getting a lot of his support from racist white folk who won't vote for Obama simply because of the color of his skin.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Invested1 View Post
    First of all, WOW!!!
    Second of all, uh that may be *part* of the truth but he also has more than 50% of the support from people with postgraduate degrees.

One could also argue that Mitt is getting a lot of his support from racist white folk who won't vote for Obama simply because of the color of his skin.
    Just : One could also argue that Mitt/Obama is getting a lot of his support from racist white /black folk ...simply because of the color of his skin

... Wrong ... for the country and wrong because it's Racist either way

Just : One could also argue that Mitt/Obama is getting a lot of his support from racist white /black folk ...simply because of the color of his skin

... Wrong ... for the country and wrong because it's Racist either way
    Valid point.

Default Outstanding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    SNL. Air support was 2 hours away, not from DC. My husband served his country for 37 years. Included in his itinerary were VietNam, Iraq, Bosnia and Afghanistan. I state that only as background for my opinion. I'm not totally ignorant of how and why and when the military works. 2 highranking commanders have been relieved of their duty. MY opinion is that they were relieved because they were going to send aide contrary to the President's orders. Yes, I believe the President ordered them not to send aide. In all my years associated with the military, I can not think of one single instance that aide would not be rendered in some capacity, if it was warranted. They were watching the video in REALTIME. They KNEW it was a terrorist attack. The Seals gave them the EXACT COORDINANTS of the mortar fire. We have the ability to target objects with pinpoint accuracy.

The President refuses to answer questions, stating "it's under investigation".

The questions he refuses to answer do not need to be investigated, he already knows the answers because most of them involve him.

1. Why was Ambassador Rice sent out with that ridiculous crap about it NOT being a terrorist attack, but attributed to a video. He KNEW that wasn't true because, duh, they were watching in realtime, their was no mob. Yet he continued that ridiculous story for an additional 2 weeks, while on his "fluff tour", i.e. the view, comedy hour and anywhere else he can show his face without being asked hard questions.

Knowing that 4 Americans were killed and other embassies were being protested and burned, he flew off to Las Vegas for a fund raiser. When he SHOULD have been closed with his national security advisors as all this was still very active. Oh yeah, he's not really interested in national security, as he missed about 50-60% of his daily security briefings, choosing to read them on his ipad. IF, he in fact actually read them.

2. Who gave the orders to stand down? I believe the only person who has the authority to do that is Obama.

I could go on for a couple more pages, but it's pretty pointless. Most people with a liberal mindset refuse to look at it objectively anyway. And no, I'm not a righty. I'm an independent with an extremely strong emphasis on fiscal responsibility and national defense. Neither of which we've witnessed under this president.

This whole scenario is so much worse than Watergate. That was just some stupid bumbled robbery of campaign crap. This involves, national security and Americans dead. As more and more comes out and they start hearings, I believe this will unravel to be one of the worst scandals in modern history. Again, just my opinion. Obama is not fit to be commander-in-chief. Again, my opinion. Along, with I believe, 90% of the American armed forces including all the services.
    First, please thank your husband for his service.
    Second - bravo on an outstanding, articulate, fact filled post.

Listen to the testimony regarding this
    Listen to the father of one of those murdered that day

That's not "Fox propaganda".

8 members found this post helpful.

When was the last time you saw a bunch of people that fit the Republican demographic rioting because they didn't like the outcome of something??? Most of the time it is the demographic of those that support Obama...young, ignorant, illiterate,black, wanting free things..
    Wow, I have not read anything so bigoted in quite some time. Wow. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    wow, just wow......
    So which part of my post do you disagree with?
    Average Rioter-
    Young-check
    ignorant-check
    illiterate-check
    black-check
    wants free things-check

avg Obama voter/democrat-Young-check
    ignorant-check- more high school dropouts(see wanting free stuff/don't understand how govt works)
    illiterate-check-(busloads of non english speaking vanned in to vote for him)
    black-check(95% voted for him last time)
    wants free things-check

And seriously- the demographic for repubs is an older voter, wealthier, better educated.Typical Obama voters-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKZ-...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ZLJ...eature=related

that's not to say that some of the Obama voters/Dems, aren't older, better educated, but if someone IS young, black, uneducated, then most likely they will vote for Obama/Democrat as opposed to republican.

Average Rioter-
    Young-check
    ignorant-check
    illiterate-check
    black-check
    wants free things-check

ignorant-check- more high school dropouts(see wanting free stuff/don't understand how govt works)
    wants free things-check

And seriously- the demographic for repubs is an older voter, wealthier, better educated.Typical Obama voters-

that's not to say that some of the Obama voters/Dems, aren't older, better educated, but if someone IS young, black, uneducated, then most likely they will vote for Obama/Democrat as opposed to republican.
    What a load of rubbish.

Glanced at one of the youtube videos you posted and sorry to burst your bubble but a lot of Romney supporters are not well informed either. Take yourself as an example.

Average Rioter-
    Young-check
    ignorant-check
    illiterate-check
    black-check
    wants free things-check

wants free things-check

Can't decide to whom this should be forwarded first: Stephen Colbert or Michael Baisden.

1 members found this post helpful.

Minnie you have an active imagination:

"This whole scenario is so much worse than Watergate. That was just some stupid bumbled robbery of campaign crap. This involves, national security and Americans dead. As more and more comes out and they start hearings, I believe this will unravel to be one of the worst scandals in modern history. Again, just my opinion. Obama is not fit to be commander-in-chief. Again, my opinion. Along, with I believe, 90% of the American armed forces including all the services."

One of the worst scandals? I think one of the worst scandals should be the US military going to Iraq in the first place. The value of going to Afghanistan even is imo highly questionable, since Bin Laden was hiding in plain sight in Pakistan much of the time the US has been fighting in the Middle East.

Average Rioter-
    Young-check
    ignorant-check
    illiterate-check
    black-check
    wants free things-check

wants free things-check.
    Again, you only post half-truths.
    True, Obama has 63% of the votes of those 18-29.
    BUT he also has 52% of those 30-49, AND 48% of those 50-64.

As for education level, you're right that he has 56% of those with HS education or less.
    BUT he also has 49% of those with some college, 45% of college graduates, 56% of those with postgraduate degrees, 50% of all college graduates, and 53% of all college non-graduates.

So to cast an "average Obama voter" as what you have is factually incorrect.

(Source: latest gallup poll)

I just thought I'd add that CBS on Friday afternoon released the entirety of the interview they did with Obama on Sept. 12, the same day as his Rose Garden address. In the debate Obama insisted he called it a terrorist attack in the Rose Garden, yet in this new CBS released interview he is specifically asked why he did not call it a terrorist attack and he specifically said it was too soon to know. Even though now we have documentation that our intelligence assets knew almost immediately it was not only terroists but al Qaeda and that he absolutely did know before his cabinet started talking about the video.

So here we have concrete evidence that Obama was intentionally misleading the American people about an act of terrorism committed against the U.S., he knew he was misleading, and he bald faced repeated it in the debates. I don't know what disgusts me more. They way Obama, his Secretary of State, his Ambassador to the UN handled the whole matter or CBS for sitting on this type of information without publishing it in a timely manner. CBS is just an arm of the Democratic party pretending to be a news outlet and journalist are Democratic operatives with a byline. Slime.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...091c_blog.html

ETA a link for a USAToday story because the lefties don't want it from a source that provides additional links to actually follow and verify the story themselves, they just want it from someone "they trust."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...ttack/1684503/
    Last edited by subk; Nov. 6, 2012 at 04:18 PM.