The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thank you to those who have offered their condolences. Didn't post any of that to elicit sympathy and never usually post anything of such a personal nature. I'm not looking for thank yous from anyone. I just am truly outraged that so many people do not see the seriousness that the government did not protect and defend those they sent into dangerous situations. It went from incompetence to coverup.

I'm sick at heart for my country that is more divided now than anytime in my life.
    I have seen people who have been best friends since grade school (a REALLY long time for people my age) sniping at each on facebook with followup apologies, professing their love for each other and agreeing not to discuss the subject. I've seen family members so angry at each other's views that they aren't speaking to each other. These are people who have been on opposite political sides for DECADES who never had any problems calmly discussing their diverging views and respecting each others opinions.

In my own family, my husband's brother and sister are no longer speaking. No Thanksgiving gettogether this year.

500 retired military officers have offered their support for Romney. Obama has 5. Does that tell you something?

Worst of all, we may very well end up in a watergate hearing situation that will further divert attention from the work that needs to be done on the budget and regulatory climate changes we need to jumpstart the economy.

Who loses in all this? We the people do. And that's no matter who wins this election.

So all of those of you who believe in God, hit your knees and pray for our country.

7 members found this post helpful.

Minnie, I am also outraged at the Libya cover up. I can not fathom how people can not see through the facade of Obama.

If he is re elected ( and I pray the he is not) just wait and see what he becomes, without voters to answer to he will be free to completely wreck this country.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    500 retired military officers have offered their support for Romney. Obama has 5. Does that tell you something?
    The fact that General Colin Powell has come out in support of Obama tells me something.

This also tells me something:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...defense-donors

From the linked article:
    A Military Times poll earlier this month showed Romney led Obama two to one. Those surveyed said the economy—not matters of national security—was a major reason they would vote for Romney.

This also tells me something: http://www.whitehouse.gov/joiningforces

3 members found this post helpful.

The fact that General Colin Powell supports Obama tells me nothing!
    Everyone I know gave him a pass on that 4 years ago, including me and my husband. I won't repeat some of the comments in the military community this time around. He lost a ton of support amongst his peers.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Wow. The childishness continues. You're going around in packs.

You picked three nutball actors as the ones to be proud of?
    Not just actors. Activists who publicly took unpopular stances. Heston marched with MLK. Eastwood is a producer, director and musician. He also was mayor for several terms.
    Reagan was a head of the actors guild before governor of California and 2 term US President.
    Perfect no, nutball no. Respected - yes by many.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor1 View Post
    The fact that General Colin Powell has come out in support of Obama tells me something.

From the linked article:
    A Military Times poll earlier this month showed Romney led Obama two to one. Those surveyed said the economy—not matters of national security—was a major reason they would vote for Romney.

Of COURSE the economy is of major importance to them! With the astronomical cuts in the defense appropriations there's a major RIF coming. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, it means "reduction in forces" . To make it clearer, it means they lose their jobs. Wouldn't YOU be concerned with the economy that already has huge unemployment percentages?

5 members found this post helpful.

Did Minnie's husband get killed in Benghazi? I think I missed that. My condolences if he did.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor1 View Post

From the linked article:

Obama has raised $678,611 from defense personnel both civilian and uniformed employees, while Romney has raised just $398,450.

Employees at the U.S. Department of Defense gave the most to Obama, doling out roughly $175,000. Soldiers and sailors came in next, giving $165,646 and $86,656 respectively.

The donations are in stark contrast to polling showing Romney with a major lead over Obama when it comes to military support.

[READ: Military Vote Missing This Election — Including In Big Swing States]

Obama's fundraising lead among military personnel probably has a lot to do with the fact his military appointees are running DOD right now, says Peter Feaver, a political science professor at Duke University.

"These are not necessarily people who are in uniform giving to Obama, they are political appointees who come in with a party and they change when a new party comes in," Feaver says. "They got these jobs through political loyalty and donating is how they demonstrate they are loyal."

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGreen View Post
    Did Minnie's husband get killed in Benghazi? I think I missed that. My condolences if he did.
    Nope, died of cancer.

You know, I haven't figured out why President's can't follow Kennedy's example. He screwed up ROYALLY with the Bay of Pigs. He went onair, did a major mea culpa and told the American people it wouldn't happen again. Earned a lot of respect for that one.

In other words, Obama's no Kennedy. And oh yeah, I was a democrat until Carter. He cured me. Turned independent.

Seriously folks, the bottom line is that we don't know the information that led to Obama's decision and we likely never will. Did we have air support nearby? Maybe. Was it already deployed elsewhere? Maybe. Was it on alert for another potential attack somewhere else? Maybe. Were there weapons on the ground in Benghazi that could have taken down the air support and its entire crew while attempting a rescue of 4 Americans? Maybe.
    That's what it is: maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe. NONE OF US KNOWS.
    Conjecture and speculation can provide some entertainment but for those talking as if they've figured out what happened and why? It's borderline delusional.

And, with all due respect, being a military spouse or family member does not make you qualified in the *real* capabilities of our assets. Your friends/family cannot discuss classified capabilities with you (and if they do/did, should be in JAIL!). You don't know any more about what our forces can do than what people can find out online.
    (This coming from a former USAF intelligence officer.)
    Amwrider: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their genitalia and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Invested1 View Post
    Seriously folks, the bottom line is that we don't know the information that led to Obama's decision and we likely never will. Did we have air support nearby? Maybe. Was it already deployed elsewhere? Maybe. Was it on alert for another potential attack somewhere else? Maybe. Were there weapons on the ground in Benghazi that could have taken down the air support and its entire crew while attempting a rescue of 4 Americans? Maybe.
    Conjecture and speculation can provide some entertainment but for those talking as if they've figured out what happened and why? It's borderline delusional.

And, with all due respect, being a military spouse or family member does not make you qualified in the *real* capabilities of our assets. Your friends/family cannot discuss classified capabilities with you (and if they do/did, should be in JAIL!). You don't know any more about what our forces can do than what people can find out online.
    At this point our best chance of this not happening again is put someone else in the Oval office tomorrow. As the army says "Duty first".

11 members found this post helpful.

[QUOTE=Invested1;6651273]Seriously folks, the bottom line is that we don't know the information that led to Obama's decision and we likely never will. [QUOTE]

Now see, I dont agree with you. Understand the man that Obama is, and you understand his decisions (of lack thereof). Read his book "Dreams From my Father", you get great insight into his thinking, and then read "The Roots of Obamas Rage" and you will then understand he needs to go.

Considering that the Romney campaign in New Hampshire was asked today about last minute preparations for the election were and the answer was praying, I suspect it's Obama for 4 more.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    At this point our best chance of this not happening again is put someone else in the Oval office tomorrow. As the army says "Duty first".
    That's not necessarily true at all.
    You don't know that armed with the same information that Romney wouldn't have made the exact same decision.
    Amwrider: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their genitalia and may their arms be too short to scratch.

[QUOTE=Noms;6651347][QUOTE=Invested1;6651273]Seriously folks, the bottom line is that we don't know the information that led to Obama's decision and we likely never will.

Now see, I dont agree with you. Understand the man that Obama is, and you understand his decisions (of lack thereof). Read his book "Dreams From my Father", you get great insight into his thinking, and then read "The Roots of Obamas Rage" and you will then understand he needs to go.
    You are more than welcome to disagree with me, as I disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    then read "The Roots of Obamas Rage" and you will then understand he needs to go.
    I dunno, given this review:

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...in-lies/171476

Which I only find funny because apparently dsouza is railing about him being "anti colonialist," while at the same time other anti-obama posters and the larouche people say he's beholden to the crown of England.

So confused at why I'm supposed to be scared!
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    I dunno, given this review:

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...in-lies/171476

Which I only find funny because apparently dsouza is railing about him being "anti colonialist," while at the same time other anti-obama posters and the larouche people say he's beholden to the crown of England.

So confused at why I'm supposed to be scared!
    Ah yes, Media Matters, a source of very reliable non-partisan ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Ah yes, Media Matters, a source of very reliable non-partisan ideas.
    Isn't Mediamatters backed by George Soros, same guy who has made that disgusting political ad with the old folks swearing and saying vile and violent things?

Yeah, great references.

Quote Originally Posted by Invested1 View Post

So very true.

I'm going to vote for Obama the president who killed Osama Bin Laden. Clearly the current administration has much to be proud of .