The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 355
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun. 26, 2001
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    You know Sunny if you want to have a nice conversation and debate issues that is fine. If you want to be snotty and childish with comments like that enjoy your one sided conversation. I don't like to encourage that type of behavior in others. Good luck and enjoy your time with your horses! They are better than people most of the time anyway !!
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!


    6 members found this post helpful.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,307

    Default

    Not only did they not Increase security, they DECREASED it. They pulled out 2 security teams, the last one had left in August, after they (the security experts currently on the ground that they pulled out) were stating that security needed to be Increased.

    WHY?

    Because the president wanted libyan situation to appear normal? see the Libyan success story?

    Then the embassy is attacked....on 9/11....just as "chatter" had hinted at, which is one of the reasons they wanted more security.

    Pres now feels between rock and hard place? Screwed up by decreasing security. Decides to ride it out without sending help.....if he sends help and it goes awry, it's Black Hawk Down and he fears losing election. He didn't count on courageous soldiers disobeying orders to save their fellow Americans. ( I know of very few soldiers who would not have done the same thing!)

    Now the cover-up ala the video story. Figures he can bluff right up through the election by not answering questions due to the "investigation". The media has been covering up for him for 4 years and if he puts enough "flak" out there he can skate through the rough parts.

    ....but....Hilary doesn't want to play (at least at first) and says (following is my scenario, not even a rumor) "I am NOT going on all those tv shows and saying it's not a terrorist act!" Cue the UN ambassador. And she dutifully dives under the bus for them.

    Unfortunately for Hilary, she gets sucked back in and has to back up the Pres's lie. After which she dutifully heads off to South America or wherever she jetted off to so she's not hounded by reporters.

    Unfortunately for the Pres there ARE a few journalists left that have not yet drunk the koolaide and they started asking questions. Not to mention people like McCain who also starts asking questions. Doesn't smell right.

    More half truths and lies and the story gets changed again.

    But fewer and fewer people are buying the story. So now we'll see what happens.

    Personally, I think Obama should be impeached - not for the incompetence that led to this debacle, but rather for the coverup, same as Nixon. And probably charged with negligent homicide for the 2 seals.

    Don't need a flame suit.....I'm old enough to have asbestos skin! LOL


    11 members found this post helpful.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Sep. 24, 2004
    Location
    Piedmont Triad, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    There is another aspect of Libya that hasn't been discussed. Freedom in these United States of A.

    In the Obama story, the attack is cuased by a video... so says Obama, Clinton and Rice among others. Who is to blame for the video... Some poor sucker is arrested on trumped up charges.

    See here ...



    What Does Tyranny Look Like?

    October 29, 2012 1:17 PM| Posted by Bill Otis| 0 Comments


    An Administration in power, in the midst on an election, is taken by surprise by a terrorist attack overseas. The Administration would like to take credit for substantially degrading the capacities of terrorists to kill Americans, but the attack leaves four Americans dead, including the United States ambassador, whose corpse is paraded through the streets, shown in gruesome detail on YouTube.



    In order to maintain the campaign narrative, high Administration officials repeatedly deny that it was a terrorist attack, despite information both before and after that that's what it was. Instead, the Administration blames it on a spontaneous mob (which just happened to assemble itself with military precision and rocket-propelled grenades on the anniversary of 9-11). The "mob" was set off, so the story is woven, by outrage at an Internet video mocking Islam.




    Question: What should the Administration do to embellish its false and diversionary story about a spontaneous mob? Answer: Employ the criminal justice system to target, not those who undertook the attack, but the producer of the mocking video, a Coptic Christian and somewhat shady character, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula. Nakoula pleaded no contest in 2010 to federal bank fraud charges. He was sentenced to 21 months imprisonment and ordered not to use the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer. As the Administration is going full blast, spinning its outrage-at-the-video/spontaneous mob fiction, Nakoula is picked up at midnight and jailed for a probation violation.




    Next question: What are the chances that a non-violent probationer gets violated and jailed for exercising what in any other context liberals would be screaming is his First Amendment right to make a non-pornographic Internet video? What are the chances, that is, but for the fact that he makes a convenient fall guy for the Administration's politically costly, lethal failures and ensuing fake stories?




    Last question: What is it called when the government uses the criminal justice system, and imprisonment of its citizens, for political purposes?


    6 members found this post helpful.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jul. 14, 2000
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    10,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    OK, let's separate the issues first.

    I'm not talking about the percieved notion that we were purposefully misled about the attack.

    Let's leave that for now, although there are all kinds of reasons for this. We can come back to that.

    My specific question is for those folks that claim the administration purposefully let people die without intervening.

    Why? What plausible reason is there for this occuring?

    If you can come up with a plausible reason, then we can debate whther or not that reason was valid given the knowledge of the circumstances at the time of the attack.

    You can not criticize the actions during the attack without doing this exercise.

    What I'm hearing is that the president is just some big dumb ninny who sat and watched and didn't do anything or worse yet, kept something from happening because for some unknown and nefarious reason he thought that was the right thing to do. Sorry, don't buy it, and I wouldn't buy it if it were Romney or another pub in the same position.
    A friend who is retired military (30 years) pointed out a fact. Drones do not magically appear in places, they have to be sent on a mission. It takes time for a drone to get from a USA launch site to the site where observation is wanted and a Predator UAV drone has a range of 675 miles. They went on to say "This means that the UAV was launched over three hours before the attack began and the operation order issued some time before launch. This implies that hours before the attack was launched there was sufficient concern about something in Benghazi that a UAV was tasked to be on station."

    The president was either in the know or not in the know. He owns this.


    10 members found this post helpful.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    I'm not convinced that the media bias on issues of this kind is so much liberal vs conservative, but rather one of protecting the government line, no matter which wing of the One Big Federal Party is in power. It wasn't until quite a way down the line, long after it could matter, that there was much criticism of a number of egregious and unconstitutional Bush Administration policies.
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

    "Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein


    2 members found this post helpful.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    May. 12, 2000
    Location
    NE TN, USA
    Posts
    6,201

    Default

    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams


    4 members found this post helpful.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Absolutely the liberal media is completely ignoring the Libya cover up. No question about it. They are not going to question THIS president about it. His story is good enough for them.

    If this was a repiblican in the White House, then they would be calling for impeachment by now!!!!


    14 members found this post helpful.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jul. 20, 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    A friend who is retired military (30 years) pointed out a fact. Drones do not magically appear in places, they have to be sent on a mission. It takes time for a drone to get from a USA launch site to the site where observation is wanted and a Predator UAV drone has a range of 675 miles. They went on to say "This means that the UAV was launched over three hours before the attack began and the operation order issued some time before launch. This implies that hours before the attack was launched there was sufficient concern about something in Benghazi that a UAV was tasked to be on station."

    The president was either in the know or not in the know. He owns this.
    Ah, but the first drone was not on site for 2 1/2 hours and the second, much later. And we don't know where it was launched from..... so you can not assume it was launched ahead of time


    3 members found this post helpful.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jul. 20, 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brookes View Post
    You know Sunny if you want to have a nice conversation and debate issues that is fine. If you want to be snotty and childish with comments like that enjoy your one sided conversation. I don't like to encourage that type of behavior in others. Good luck and enjoy your time with your horses! They are better than people most of the time anyway !!
    I did have a lovely time with my horses, thank you.

    I am sorry if you were offended, but your post really did sound like conspiracy theory to me. I hear stuff like this all the time and it is from people that would not even question it if it had been someone other than Obama in the same situation. Perhaps this does not apply to you, I don't know you so I can give you the benefit of the doubt. But the tone of your post was more than a little over the top.

    Yes, there are unanswered questions, but I still have yet to see any evidence of premeditated wrongdoing. A person could ask why Romney has actually backed off his criticism, perhaps he knows more than we (the general public) do.

    Again, it is easy to armchair quarterback, but we don't have all the info and as the general public, we probably aren't even entitled to it. International security is something that can not always be transparent, no matter how much that bothers us. For what is transparent to us, is gold for those who choose to oppose us. Knowledge is power.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jul. 20, 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Absolutely the liberal media is completely ignoring the Libya cover up. No question about it. They are not going to question THIS president about it. His story is good enough for them.

    If this was a repiblican in the White House, then they would be calling for impeachment by now!!!!
    Hmm, I am curious, as this has been hashed to death all over the news...where exactly is the cover-up? Oh yeah, CBS withheld the video of the POTUS saying it was a terrorist attack. Well, maybe there was a reason.

    think about it..... perhaps not giving credit to the terrorists was a strategic choice? there are certainly reasons to do this.

    And it has been shown that the supposed e-mails were actually not true anyway....


    5 members found this post helpful.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    14,834

    Default

    Boy - is the poo deep !
    ... _. ._ .._. .._


    2 members found this post helpful.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    Hmm, I am curious, as this has been hashed to death all over the news...where exactly is the cover-up? Oh yeah, CBS withheld the video of the POTUS saying it was a terrorist attack. Well, maybe there was a reason.

    think about it..... perhaps not giving credit to the terrorists was a strategic choice? there are certainly reasons to do this.

    And it has been shown that the supposed e-mails were actually not true anyway....
    See the cover up worked... You dont have a clue do you.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Aug. 12, 2002
    Location
    Calera, AL
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    It's not that there's a "coverup" on Libya (or Fast and Furious for that matter), but more of a "group refusal to publish information adverse to the Administration" by the bulk of the mainstream media.

    And some, like NPR, go out of their way to excuse any Administration faux pas whatsoever.G.
    Damn, I hit the unlike thing instead of the like. So the like/unlike totals are wrong.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jul. 20, 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    See the cover up worked... You dont have a clue do you.
    I am open to answers, and time will tell. I just know that all the conspiracy crowd folks don't have any more answers than I do...... truth is you don't have a clue either.....


    4 members found this post helpful.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Oct. 25, 2006
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny59 View Post
    Give me one plausible reason for the administration doing what you claim they did.
    Obama is in a close election. He has been running around taking all the credit for Killing Osama and saying Al Queada is on the run. Basically, taking all the credit for "stopping the terrorists".

    THEN, a terrorist attack happens, that would be very bad press for him.

    Was on 9/11, we had NO live ammo, so really no defense. Again, BAD PRESS.

    Obama thought he could deflect it, so came up w/this stupid movie protest story. The press has mostly covered for him, but the facts are pesty, and coming out.

    There were Marines 1 1/2 miles away. They called in to help, were told to stand down. There was a drone THERE, giving LIVE video. There was an air base near by that could have been there fairly soon. The attack lasted SEVEN hours.

    There were several things that could have, SHOULD HAVE been done to help defend this attack. NOTHING was done. I am appalled too.

    As yet, another example of media bias....

    Why was the media so happy to prop up Cindy Sheehan when she protested Bush?

    Yet, none of the familes of the slain are "interesting" to the media. THEY have been lied too, and still not told what happened or how their loved one died.

    One of the mothers was on FOX. Obama told her to her face that it was a spontaneous demonstration about a video. HE LIED TO HER FACE! She still is getting the run around, as is the rest of the families.

    They had a LIVE feed on the attack, they KNEW it was a terrorist attack, yet did NOTHING.


    9 members found this post helpful.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    18,700

    Default

    Just in case an expert critique might add a little to the conversation.

    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...zi-expert-says
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    3 members found this post helpful.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Oct. 8, 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    9,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shermy View Post
    They had a LIVE feed on the attack, they KNEW it was a terrorist attack, yet did NOTHING.
    Are you saying that you could differentiate, via remote video, a terrorist attack from a demonstration run amok, where attackers and bystanders (as there was a large crowd from what I understand) all looked alike and were probably dressed similarly, and where there was apparently much chaos? Watching that, would you be able to tell that there was a small team of coordinated attackers and know who they were affiliated with?

    I think there are plenty of issues here -notable to me: why wasn't air support closer to this city where there had been so much violence recently? But I don't get why "they watched it on tv!" means they would automatically know the nuances of what was happening, who was responsible, who in the crowd was an attacker, who was a looter, who were innocent bystanders, and who might have been there protesting relatively peacefully when all hell broke loose, from half a world away over grainy video. It's not like a movie, where everything is in high definition with plot points spelled out and the bad guys easily identified.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

    My CANTER blog.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    14,834

    Default

    To assume that you are in posession of any facts concerning this event is, at the very best, laughable.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._


    4 members found this post helpful.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    18,700

    Default

    Even Geraldo has called out Fox for misrepresenting the situation.

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/0...C4M9k.facebook
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    4 members found this post helpful.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    May. 4, 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Lol....Geraldo who got kicked out of Iraq for discussing on national TV the route the unit he was embedded in was about to take? Yeah, he's one to listen to.

    Look, the attackers in Libya and Egypt were muslim brotherhood. Not the first time Obama has refused to take action against them, hopefully it will be the last because he is voted out Tuesday. Morsi should never have been invited to America.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

    Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden


    3 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Dressage in the Media Now!
    By babecakes in forum Dressage
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jun. 20, 2012, 11:25 AM
  2. Fun naming thread.. liberal use of the word Puck
    By horse-loverz in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Nov. 18, 2011, 11:06 PM
  3. Gas prices and the Media
    By bigbaytb in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: Apr. 24, 2011, 08:36 AM
  4. The media blitz needs to STOP NOW!!
    By Velvet in forum Favorites
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: Sep. 20, 2001, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •