The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by twelvegates View Post
    I've read it -- there's nothing in it telling you someone else will decide whether you will die or not die.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/full/
    Read both again. You missed some things.

The only real thing that was helped by the bailout of the auto industry were the unions. If GM had gone through a legitimate bankruptcy and not the shady one that the current adminisration forced on them in which the union contracts could NOT be touched then maybe even more people would have kept their jobs because there would have been less plant closures. We also as taxpayers will never see $50 million dollars of that "loan" because of the union "noose" around GM's necks still!
    I know that there have been good hard working people out there who were helped but it has truely been out weighed by the millions of dollars that have been wasted. For example the "green energy" companies that were handed money by the govt. in what Obama labels as "research". Well what has that "research" given us?--- a lithium battery company who didn't produce a single battery and is in bankruptcy and oh yeah the Solyndra debacle that cost taxpayers $90 million and is cronyism at its best(Valerie Jeffers- who is THE major Obama advisor- her father was connected to Solyndra). These type of companies really at this point shouldn't be receiving govt. money but be funded by the private sector. Also look at what happened 2 years ago in the "lame duck" session of congress and the millions of dollars of "pork" in the bills that the then Dem majority passed before they lost control. For example: on one of the bills there was a grant to Nevada(go figure) to study ---wait for it---centipedes! Now unless they found that centipedes are a cure for all cancers known to mankind do ya think that we as taxpayers at that time with the economy being what it was needed to pay for that???
    When we as individuals waste money and we all have at some time in our lives,then we have ourselves to answer to. When a corporation wastes money on what some employees may feel is a useless training seminar or whatever then the corporation has the board and their investors to answer to. But when the government wastes money it has the taxpayers (ME) to answer to and quite simply the way for me and other taxpayers to show our disapproval is with our vote and for that reason alone I will not vote for Obama and his policies.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyoteco View Post
    The economy is set to crash. QE3 has given the Fed the right to print money 'indefinitely" which means that your dollars will be worth less and less. This is a huge issue and the reason that electing Romney is critical to this country...
    Errr -- the whole point of QE3 is to inject capital into the economy to create inflation. You print money, you spend money. Inflation benefits those at the top, but does not reduce the income of the community. Deflation, on the other hand, reduces the income of the community and pauperizes society as a whole.
    Nothing with horses is ever easy or cheap. And if it is, you're doing it wrong. They always rip out part of your soul when they leave. I guess that's how they find us later.

Quote Originally Posted by cheektwocheek View Post
    My copay/out of pocket expense has gone from $3,000 per yr/family to $6,000. This amount does not include my monthly premiums which are going up another $175 per month. The $6,000 deductible is only for in-network doctors & it's an additional $6,000 for out-of-network healthcare facilities /providers.
    I remember the $20 copay days, where did "they" go? Who should I vote for?
    Just got my enrollment notice. My annual premium is $16,000 for two of us pre-medicare retirees. That's after the company kicks in their part. My premium in part, goes to pay for 26 year olds, and Sandra Flukes fun pills. Obamacare is the cause. It's not a solution to high med cost.

Romney said he would repeal Obamacare. I'm in...

1 members found this post helpful.

Read both again. You missed some things.
    I have read it -- several times -- you are unwilling to post your quoted section, because it isn't there.

Just as I can't post something that isn't there.
    Nothing with horses is ever easy or cheap. And if it is, you're doing it wrong. They always rip out part of your soul when they leave. I guess that's how they find us later.

3 members found this post helpful.

Errr -- the whole point of QE3 is to inject capital into the economy to create inflation. You print money, you spend money. Inflation benefits those at the top, but does not reduce the income of the community. Deflation, on the other hand, reduces the income of the community and pauperizes society as a whole.
    That is why the stock market is higher ... Real companies with real assets are worth more in devalued dollars. People with fixed incomes like me are screwed ... or as you say "pauperized"

I have read it -- several times -- you are unwilling to post your quoted section, because it isn't there.

Just as I can't post something that isn't there.
    LOL, of course I'm not going to waste my time finding quotes for you to fail to understand. If you have read it and the stimulus bill several times and missed it, you are trying to not see it.

Deflation is bad. Inflation increases the money at the top but leaves the money at the bottom the same. The prices go up and the people at the bottom suffer. But, Bernake's plan is more complicated than I stated. His plan is is even worse for the people on the lower end of the economic spectrum. But the bottom line is that verything falls apart and we must have Romey to address these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by hosspuller View Post
    That is why the stock market is higher ... Real companies with real assets are worth more in devalued dollars. People with fixed incomes like me are screwed ... or as you say "pauperized"
    This is correct.

You do understand that "Obamacare" is really Romney care, correct? And that if the model in Massachusetts had taken off in national popularity like wildfire then Romney would be standing from the rooftops taking all the credit. And rightly so since he dis push the first of this type of model through our state.

But, Romney turns himself into what he thinks people want to see and that is the part of him that makes me so uncomfortable. I had no problem with him a s a governor. But the person he portrays himself to be now is a lot different from the person he played as governor. And no one really has any idea what they will really get with Romney as president. Except perhaps a warmonger who will get us into a war with Iran and who will 'relieve' the middle class tax burden by increasing deductions for unearned income. That one is truly ripe....
    Last edited by sketcher; Oct. 28, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Totally not going to try to convince anyone of my position-- our political orientation has become as irrational as religion. Party identity seems to matter more than the candidates they elevate for our election, so we work ourselves into a lather defending that candidate against the Other Guy, whether or not s/he is the best. It's nice to imagine that in the past, average people calmly debated Real Issues and chose the best candidate, but that idyllic past probably never existed--any political historians on here?

But anyway, I was totally astounded this morning watching a campaign ad--and suddenly on the screen there was a buddy of mine!
    It was so strange because I had no idea he had made a commercial. (He's a work friend at our HQ and I don't see him every day, so it's not like he would have called me to say hey guess what I'm going to be in a commercial!) Anyway, he's a really great person-- wicked smart, kind, good at what he does, hard core army veteran. Here's his ad-- he's the guy in the dark blue oxford.

LOL, of course I'm not going to waste my time finding quotes for you to fail to understand. If you have read it and the stimulus bill several times and missed it, you are trying to not see it.
    http://factcheck.org/2009/07/false-euthanasia-claims/

it's a myth

3 members found this post helpful.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/over75.asp

It's also a myth about seniors specifically too.

Exactly like your candidate -- won't provide the facts because you know you will be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    The corporate world only functions to make a profit, government is not a corporation unless you intend to only support the 1%. Which is what I suspect Romney/Ryan intends to do when they start taking away tax deductions. But we get a tax reduction ? How does that work, taxed on more income with a smaller rate is a TAX INCREASE.
    The tax deductions Romney is planning on doing away with are mortgage interest and gifts among others - those were the only two he mentioned though.

Deductions for mortgage interest are IMO the largest deductions possible for the middle class. They are essential!

Imagine no more deductions for gifts/donations. So many services for low income are provided by charitable organizations.
    A lot of donations/gifts come from large corps who feel they need those write offs at tax time. They'd not give a dime if it wouldn't benefit them.

So Romney will lower the taxes on income from interest and dividends.
    Yup, the middle class has oodles of savings and stocks.....

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoonlady View Post
    The better exercise is to ask you and twelvegates if it would matter you if medical care were withheld from people who are extremely ill - such as people with stage four cancer? Would you support the government determing that medical care must be stopped? Would you support the withholding of food and fluids because a person is deemed by the doctor or nurse without written criteria that the person will die pretty soon? What if the decision is made by someone other than a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Oh and one other thing, have none of you noticed where the stock market had been and where it is now?

You do realize that it went from a low of 6469 in March 2009 to its current 13107 in just 3 years, only 1100 points less the all time high. That has to mean something to someone other that the fat cats on Wall Street.
    You will never convince the pro Romney/Ryan crowd of anything when you direct them to the facts. They "don't care about facts" and aren't going to stand for any factcheckers in their party.

I find it very sad that some women think that nobody will ever take away their right to abortion and birthcontrol. When someone states that they intend to "appoint pro-life judges" that is indeed what they intend to do. The "personhood bill" is real and if there is a GOP ouse and Senate and president, say good bye to your right.

Delusional thinking by voters thinking "it could never happen" has ushered in those kinds of events. Trust that what people say they will do, is what people actually do. This right wing nut house has a lot of power, ready for your vaginal probe ?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    The tax deductions Romney is planning on doing away with are mortgage interest and gifts among others - those were the only two he mentioned though.

Deductions for mortgage interest are IMO the largest deductions possible for the middle class. They are essential!

Imagine no more deductions for gifts/donations. So many services for low income are provided by charitable organizations.
    A lot of donations/gifts come from large corps who feel they need those write offs at tax time. They'd not give a dime if it wouldn't benefit them.

So Romney will lower the taxes on income from interest and dividends.
    Yup, the middle class has oodles of savings and stocks.....
    Did you not watch the debates? He did not say he would eliminated the mortgage deduction. He said he would give people a choice in the deductions they choose, but that there would be a limit.

Henrico, NC 36 30'50.49" N 77 50'17.47" W

Just got my enrollment notice. My annual premium is $16,000 for two of us pre-medicare retirees. That's after the company kicks in their part. My premium in part, goes to pay for 26 year olds, and Sandra Flukes fun pills. Obamacare is the cause. It's not a solution to high med cost.

Obamacare is saving this family $900 a month. My wife had early breast cancer 6 years ago that required a very small threatment, and has been cancer free since. Our medical insurance went up a couple of hundred dollars a month each year since, and if we were ever late for a payment, they would have dropped us completely which meant we might lose everything we have if one of us had the misfortune to ever have any kind of severe illness.

Our monthly premiums were almost 1200 a month when Obamacare kicked in, and now they can't factor in pre-existing conditions, our premium is 269 a month. Both were for 10,000 deductible. When Pam had to go in for surgery, we had to pay the deductible up front, but we chose the deductible, and it still was cheaper for us that way than if we had a policy with low deductible.

I thank Romney for inventing it, and Obama for passing it, but our vote will be to keep it.

We're all still paying for the half of people who don't have insurance one way or the other, but no one should risk losing everything they've worked for because they get sick.

6 members found this post helpful.

Exactly like your candidate -- won't provide the facts because you know you will be proven wrong.
    Romney and I do have a similar problem. His plan is not understood by those who don't understand taxes and economics so they desparage what they don't understand.

You will not believe the language that you say that you have read. If you have read it and don't understand it, you will not understand it when I recite it to you.