The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

No, Palin and Bachman brought that on themselves with the utter ridiculousness of some of their statements. No one did that but them. I hate to see women ostracized or treated unfairly, but that was NOT the case with these two. Bush was not articulate when giving speeches, and unfortunately people decided that he was unintelligent because of this. Not true, but when a comedian gets ahold of ANYONE in the name of entertainment, what are you going to do? The smart thing to do is laugh WITH them.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I did say that ABC is running an Obama infomercial, but don't think I "slammed" anyone that disagreed with my opinion, don't even think I responded to those that did.
    I'll clarify. What I mean is "like the person who posted that ABC adored Obama and that ABC slammed anyone who disagreed. I used the word slammed. You used the phrase "jumps down the throat of." You wrote:

"now ABC has been sounding like an Obama infomercial since he became president and jumps down the throat of anyone daring to say any other than how wonderful he and everything else is"

And I asked for examples of ABC jumping down the throat of anyone. Got nada. (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    No, Palin and Bachman brought that on themselves with the utter ridiculousness of some of their statements. No one did that but them. I hate to see women ostracized or treated unfairly, but that was NOT the case with these two. Bush was not articulate when giving speeches, and unfortunately people decided that he was unintelligent because of this. Not true, but when a comedian gets ahold of ANYONE in the name of entertainment, what are you going to do? The smart thing to do is laugh WITH them.
    Ok so Palin and Bachman were not perfect. But Hilary gets a pass for the "right-wing" conspiracy during the Monica farce and being unable to find documents that "suddenly" appeared on a table in the WH? Shall we look at the tape of Biden asking, twice, if anyone in the audience had family members in Iraq and Iran. . .and Harry Reid raised his hand both times. I could go on, but it is pointless. Dems misspeak, Repubs are stupid in your world.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    I'll clarify. What I mean is "like the person who posted that ABC adored Obama and that ABC slammed anyone who disagreed. I used the word slammed. You used the phrase "jumps down the throat of." You wrote:

"now ABC has been sounding like an Obama infomercial since he became president and jumps down the throat of anyone daring to say any other than how wonderful he and everything else is"

And I asked for examples of ABC jumping down the throat of anyone. Got nada. (lol)
    I already explained why I don't have examples, I turned them off when they were doing that, so don't remember who was saying what.

That is also why I don't listen to Fox or any of those others that make being for or against any one public figure their paying jobs.

I do object to national newscasters not letting anyone say a word even seemingly against their favorite and being so obviously for one political individual many will vote for.
    Even if Obama is their personal friend, it is unprofessional as a journalist.
    The same if they were doing that for Romney.

I'm with lauriep. Hillary's "right-wing conspiracy" comment was a wife defending her husband and was made prior to a lot of evidence coming to light. That's utterly different than Palin & Bachman's comments. Palin and Bachman set women back. They are not highly intelligent people. Clinton, love her or hate her, is intelligent. Palin and Bachman compared to the brainpower of Condoleeza Rice or Geraldine Ferraro? They're light-years away from those women.

In order for women to succeed and be treated as equals we must maintain honesty. Condoleeza Rice is a brilliant woman whether we agree with her or not. Palin and Bachman are frankly stupid, or let's say not very intelligent if that's kinder, compared to Ms. Rice. There are millions of intelligent, well-educated women in our country both Republican and Democrat, who need to be in high office. Palin and Bachman set women back. It's my opinion that Republicans, being the party of old white men who want to control behind the scenes, deliberately chose Palin because of her looks (not hot to young men but hot to old guys) and her lack of intelligence. Condi Rice would never have let anyone run her office.

So absolutely not that "Repubs are stupid in your world." If they're stupid, call them stupid. If they're bright, call them bright.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Interestingly, much of Monica/Bill/Paula Jones debacle was funded by a rabid rich reactionary who is part of Mellon family. I forget his whole name,, but his first name was Stuart. Stuart Mellon Mott, maybe?

What I think would be ridiculously cool would be for Obama to agree to release "transcripts" if Romney would release an equivalent number of tax returns. I make that would be another seven years. Wouldn't that put Trump on the hook?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I do object to national newscasters not letting anyone say a word even seemingly against their favorite and being so obviously for one political individual many will vote for.
    Yes, I certainly agree with you about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Oh boy. Someone watches Fox News.
    That's a compliment in my book!!! Better than ET! But seriously, I'm sure Minnie reads news in many places on the internet in addition to Fox News!!!

Minnie - THANKS for that very well written, thought out response!!! LOVED it!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Acres View Post
    That's a compliment in my book!!! Better than ET! But seriously, I'm sure Minnie reads news in many places on the internet in addition to Fox News!!!

Minnie - THANKS for that very well written, thought out response!!! LOVED it!
    Now I'm really scared. I will never understand how people can go through life without factual information. I just don't/can't understand the phenomena. Maybe "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Colonel Jessup

4 members found this post helpful.

They can't handle it. And the GOP is so confident of that, that Romney says things in the last debate like "more than half" of the companies Obama gave Dept. of Energy grants to failed. More than half!

The fact checkers checked the FACTS and found that 5 out of 63 failed. IOW, the figure is 8%, not well over 50% as Romney stated publicly and now his fans requote everywhere. The DOE grants had a 92% success rate. Facts? The GOP has become more and more blatant of absolutely making up "facts." Again, Romney LIED. He simply lied.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Now I'm really scared. I will never understand how people can go through life without factual information. I just don't/can't understand the phenomena. Maybe "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Colonel Jessup
    You know...this goes both ways. That's the problem with some of you...you can't even accept that someone might disagree with you or have a different view of the "facts" or the "truth." If they disagree even with nice long explanations you discount them as insane or stupid or "unable to understand." Did it ever occur to you that YOU might be the one who can't understand or relate to another POV?

I noticed that a post I responded to with a quote, so what I was writing made sense, the poster deleted the initial post and guess what, this new forum also deleted her post on my quote.

That leaves my post not making sense without knowing to what I was responding.

I wonder if others have noticed that also, or if it was a one time glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post

Please note, that today's rich have long had plenty of money to create jobs if they had any motivation to do so, but they don't. After all, their businesses operate for profit not to provide some sort of private workfare, and it's downsizing (firing people), outsourcing, and otherwise "increasing productivity" (getting the most work for the least $ out of each worker) that produces profit, not hiring more people or paying higher wages. Underlying all this, however, is the necessity of having a market for one's products which is hard to sustain if the vast majority of the population is working too hard and long for wages that give them little or nothing in the way of discretionary income or time. As one billionaire put it, "if you want me to hire people, don't give me money or tax breaks. Give me customers." Hence, while the rich have consistently gotten richer over the last 60 years, with more and more people working longer hours for less pay, repeated tax cuts have had nada, zero, nothing in the way of positive effects.
    Exactly.

In 'corporate' the main message we hear is to:
    Reduce payroll, reduce expenses - increase production.
    Make the stockholders happy!!!!!!!!!!

It's sickening when a Fortune 500 CEO has a base salary of $ 30 million, another $ 20 mil in bonuses, get's a 10 % pay raise, while over 1,000 corporate employees are laid off or "retired" so the stock can realize a 20% value increase in a single year (2011).

And Romney is going to convince THAT guy (and there are thousands and thousands of those out there) to hire more employees????

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

3 members found this post helpful.

You can't skew facts or truisms. That is why they are considered facts and truth. Now I'm completely puzzled.

The babbling does not stop about "we hate Obama". How about explaining how the 5 point Romney/Ryan plan will fix this economy ? I've only posted it twice.......hating the current President is so much easier than actually debating policies.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Exactly.

It's sickening when a Fortune 500 CEO has a base salary of $ 30 million, another $ 20 mil in bonuses, get's a 10 % pay raise, while over 1,000 corporate employees are laid off or "retired" so the stock can realize a 20% value increase in a single year (2011).

And Romney is going to convince THAT guy (and there are thousands and thousands of those out there) to hire more employees????

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
    I think most people really and truly believe that one day they too will be THAT rich. "If you can dream. And not make dreams your master." Rudyard Kipling

My 1000th post and I quoted Kipling's best. Gold star for me. lol

Exactly.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
    Or make them zero hour employees with no benefits. How does work for this country ? Fire the states in the red ? Loved the Daily Show's peice on this, funny and yet so true.

Exactly.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
    On the other hand, many business are not doing anything but the minimum in expanding or hiring because they don't know what will work or not in the coming economic environment.
    Remember, if they are on the wrong side of changes, they go bankrupt if they stuck their neck out counting on what didn't happen.

Today's economic insecurity is what is keeping the economy sputtering in the industries I am familiar with.

No fun trying to make any moves with the answers you have figured, when someone will come along and change the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    The babbling does not stop about "we hate Obama". How about explaining how the 5 point Romney/Ryan plan will fix this economy ? I've only posted it twice.......hating the current President is so much easier than actually debating policies.
    I can tell why it won't, unless you are rich.

I noticed that a post I responded to with a quote, so what I was writing made sense, the poster deleted the initial post and guess what, this new forum also deleted her post on my quote.

That leaves my post not making sense without knowing to what I was responding.

I wonder if others have noticed that also, or if it was a one time glitch?
    Yes, happened to me last night regarding FEMA, weird.