The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

"The 47% who don’t pay federal income tax are mostly elderly, children, and the working poor, AND US military personnel deployed in war zones who are exempt from paying federal taxes on combat pay. See, Romney mentioned the troops in a speech! But of course…the liberal hounds, of course, went after Mitt like a poor person going after a basic need.”
    — Stephen Colbert

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    ROTFLMAO!
    My first thought after reading her comment was that "responding point-by-point" was that it's never stopped her before.
    "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" Julian Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I find it funny that the a couple of the Obama haters feel the need repeat the work of some blogger hack instead of actually providing their own assessments. I guess when you cannot put your thoughts together you go find Obama hate spam.

Still waiting to hear the details of the Romney/Ryan ecomonic plan to fix the economy.
    So, you try to insult those that have questions about Obama with your "Obama haters" nickname, but can't see what is going on in your side of the aisle?

We need to fight for equal opportunity to hate.

1 members found this post helpful.

The mideast is a disaster. Benghazi is a crime. The President is a liar. Big lies.
    Is he incompetent? YES most definitely. Benghazi should NOT have happened. The blood of those Americans are on his hands. The ambassador and his aide, due to his incompetence at providing the added security they'd repeatedly requested.
    It is very bothersome to me when anyone calls the President or Mitt Romney incompetent, or stupid. I am a diehard Democrat, but will be the first to admit Romney's intelligence. It's fine to dislike a candidate, but why say things that aren't true?
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

2 members found this post helpful.

Shortly after Obama announced his run in Ayers' living room NPR did a piece on him on All Things Considered. The female contributor sang a song about him, they noted his lack of political experience and actually stated he "was a blank canvas" as a candidate. Sorry don't remember the date, but it had to be in late fall or winter as it was dark after 5:30pm. What struck me was this was so different from any piece like this in the years that I had listened before and since.

as to Minnie's info on the 2007 Congress. NPRMorning Edition, the late John Murtha was interviewed after the 2006 election in which the Democrats took over both houses of Congress. Murtha basically said the Congress "belonged to the Democrats. So in addition to passing the legislation THEY wanted and the heck with Republicans, the Democrats were the ONLY party in the US. Even the NPR host was taken aback and ended the piece as quickly as possible.

All are available on NPR archives.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Donkerbruin View Post
    It is very bothersome to me when anyone calls the President or Mitt Romney incompetent, or stupid. I am a diehard Democrat, but will be the first to admit Romney's intelligence. It's fine to dislike a candidate, but why say things that aren't true?
    Since when is incompetent an insult?
    Who called anyone stupid?
    I must have missed that one.

I do agree that some people do get a bit carried away, which maybe seems to cloud their judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    So, you try to insult those that have questions about Obama with your "Obama haters" nickname, but can't see what is going on in your side of the aisle?

We need to fight for equal opportunity to hate.
    What you find "questions about Obama" is hate spam. There are no questions in a Minnie's posts just ranting.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    What you find "questions about Obama" is hate spam. There are no questions in a Minnie's posts just ranting.
    That is your opinion.

Um, since the word "incompetent" came into existence?

3 members found this post helpful.

Oh, heck no, it's not because they hate Obama. Heck, lots of people do apparently. It's that minnie's posts were factless quotes from some internet blogger with zero credibility. Like the person who posted that ABC adored Obama and slammed anyone who disagreed. When I asked for proof I got NOTHING, then still nothing, and finally the Dan Rather debacle which falsehood resulted in Rather and 4 producers getting fired, unlike over at Fox where they not only allow, but encouraged factlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    Um, since the word "incompetent" came into existence?
    Haha, seriously.

Do we need to look that one up in the dictionary?

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    THANKS minnie!

I was starting to thinkg the COTH political thread was being overrun by posts from Obama and Biden trolls.
    What an ass. We are trolls because we think differently than you do? Real grown up.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

5 members found this post helpful.

Who called anyone stupid?
    I must have missed that one.

I do agree that some people do get a bit carried away, which maybe seems to cloud their judgment.
    Since his announced his run for the president W was deemed stupid. Including two "comedy shows" on Comedy Network showing Bush as a bumbling fool.
    standard response to Palin, M Bachman or any wife or female offspring of a Republican is stupid, mindless, follows every order of her heartless spouse and don't forget they are on crack. Yeah I can find the posts on the board and elsewhere.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

And poor Ann Coulter. She's like Donald Trump, desperate for attention since she's lost all relevancy. She called Obama "the retard" the other day. She got press! She's happy!

Thought this response to Coulter was great:

"In an open letter directed at Coulter posted Tuesday on the Special Olympics blog, John Franklin Stephens, a 30-year-old Special Olympian with Down syndrome, described what the word meant to him: "I thought first of asking whether you meant to describe the President as someone who was bullied as a child by people like you, but rose above it to find a way to succeed in life as many of my fellow Special Olympians have.

"Then I wondered if you meant to describe him as someone who has to struggle to be thoughtful about everything he says, as everyone else races from one snarkey sound bite to the next. ... Well, Ms. Coulter, you, and society, need to learn that being compared to people like me should be considered a badge of honor. No one overcomes more than we do and still loves life so much."

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    Oh, heck no, it's not because they hate Obama. Heck, lots of people do apparently. It's that minnie's posts were factless quotes from some internet blogger with zero credibility. Like the person who posted that ABC adored Obama and slammed anyone who disagreed. When I asked for proof I got NOTHING, then still nothing, and finally the Dan Rather debacle which falsehood resulted in Rather and 4 producers getting fired, unlike over at Fox where they not only allow, but encouraged factlessness.
    I did say that ABC is running an Obama infomercial, but don't think I "slammed" anyone that disagreed with my opinion, don't even think I responded to those that did.

I used to watch ABC for almost 40 years now, had to switch to another one that pushes Obama, CBS, but at least is not rude to anyone that is not fawning over Obama, as the newspeople in ABC have been every time I had to get the news from them, like when others had ballgames.

Yes, that is my opinion and no, I don't remember what stories they were putting out there, or who they were interviewing every time that happened, several times.
    That is why I didn't respond.

I would consider if ABC was idolizing Romney just as objectionable, as I don't think it is the place of national news to take sides and promote one over the other.

All I want is other choices, both that count are really not anyone I want to vote for, although I understand why they are saying what they are, both of them, to get elected they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Perfect examples of the average Obama supporter...
    http://thabto.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/5900/
    You could do the exact same video using Romney policies and Romney supporters.

Since we have now resorted to completely incorrect generalizations, here is a perfect example of the average Romney supporter:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021362817

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    Factless? Did the democrats not take over the house and the senate in 2007? Did they not have control of the budget? Please point out to me which facts are not true and you will have my most abject apology. Seriously.

I may have been wrong about paying to have the records sealed. I'd heard it, but didn't care enough to fact check it. Just heard Trump say he'd pay $5million to whichever charity Obama wanted if he'd release the records. Not exactly chump change and if he were as open and transparent as he claims to be, I'd think he'd jump on that one and peel off a few of Trump's dollars.

And, by the way, I NEVER rant!

Incompetent is only an insult if not true. I am incompetent as a brain surgeon. I not only lack the requisite training, I have poor hand eye coordination. You don't want me with an instrument in your brain.
    But in my field of training and talent, I was well paid and competent.

Obama is incompetent as the leader of USA. The last 4 years has been marked by political battle and economic decline. Perhaps he has done as well as might be expected with his limited experience as an executive.

As president of the USA, Obama is incompetent. He might be competent as a community organizer but as a national leader, he is not. Results are the only measure, excuses are not.

Factless? Did the democrats not take over the house and the senate in 2007? Did they not have control of the budget? Please point out to me which facts are not true and you will have my most abject apology. Seriously.

I may have been wrong about paying to have the records sealed. I'd heard it, but didn't care enough to fact check it. Just heard Trump say he'd pay $5million to whichever charity Obama wanted if he'd release the records. Not exactly chump change and if he were as open and transparent as he claims to be, I'd think he'd jump on that one and peel off a few of Trump's dollars.

And, by the way, I NEVER rant!
    If I don't like what you say, I call it a rant and give you a red thumbing.

3 members found this post helpful.