The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 792
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan. 27, 2002
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atlatl View Post
    It is very simple for me, I will not have the government in my bedroom or my reproductive system. It's that easy. I will not relinquish my personal rights for anything else. I will not agree to keep girls in poverty pregnant and then deny them any kind of aid.

    I cannot comprehend the hypocrisy of those who claim to be "pro life" then condem children to a life of poverty by gutting social programs.
    AGREE.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb. 24, 2005
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atlatl View Post
    It is very simple for me, I will not have the government in my bedroom or my reproductive system. It's that easy. I will not relinquish my personal rights for anything else. I will not agree to keep girls in poverty pregnant and then deny them any kind of aid.

    I cannot comprehend the hypocrisy of those who claim to be "pro life" then condem children to a life of poverty by gutting social programs.
    Don't you see that what you are doing by wanting the government to pay for your "bedroom" and "reproductive system" that is exactly what you are asking for? - for the government to come into your bedroom. I agree that I will not reliquish my personal rights and that is why I will vote for Romney. I don't want Obama care telling me what I can and cannot do, and whether I can or cannot live.

    As for condemning children to a life of poverty, it is the social programs that have done that. I watched throughout my life and saw first hand the poor black families being torn apart by the Democrat's social policies. Early on, I wondered how the government could be so stupid as to implement the policies that were detroying the families. Now, I am convinced that it was just exploitation. I can guarantee you that the civil rights sought in the 60's were not for government handouts, but were for a better life.

    Oddly, you and I want the same things, but my life experiences in these exact areas leads me to ask you to really consider that the path you think will lead us there is the wrong one. I have lived this. I know what has happened with these issues and I know what caused the situation we are no in - first hand.
    Last edited by Coyoteco; Oct. 28, 2012 at 03:46 PM.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atlatl View Post
    It is very simple for me, I will not have the government in my bedroom or my reproductive system. It's that easy. I will not relinquish my personal rights for anything else. I will not agree to keep girls in poverty pregnant and then deny them any kind of aid.

    I cannot comprehend the hypocrisy of those who claim to be "pro life" then condem children to a life of poverty by gutting social programs.
    Right, also not into my pocket to take my hard earned money and use it for make believe, feel good government social engineering.

    Any extreme social changes should not be forced on anyone, from either side.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb. 24, 2005
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    Romney is a good, caring and competent man.
    He is very intelligent - something I value.
    He can and will fix the economy. I had thought Obama had done too much damage until I looked at what Romney proposes.
    With Romney we will again have a free press, as they will be very eager to tell us every mistake he makes. With Obama, the press not only distorts, it completely fails to report and lies to coverup for Obama. By whatever means, and for whatever reason, the press has disintergrated and we won't have one until Obama is out of office.
    Romney will restore the balance of power in the government - something that has been critically damaged by Obama.
    Romney is very competent in foreign affairs, will hire competent advisors and will save us from the precarious situation that Obama's incompentence has placed us in. Our weakness and lax approach to Iran places the world at serious risk, and Romney undertands that.
    Romney will not implement a military draft. In his website, in 2008, Obama specifically said that he will implement a military draft of young men and women. He will also implement a civilian draft.
    Romeny is not an idealogue. He is not focused on changing abortion laws and has a reasonable position on gay marriage - the one Obama changed back to yesterday (Obama no longer supports a national law concerning gay marriage - just like Romney).
    Under Romney, we will not have our President killing people - Obama can legally kill US citizens by executive order.
    We won't have Fast and Furious where our government arms the Drug Cartels with military weapons while arming our border guards with non-lethal weapons. Through Fast and Furious, Obama's guns killed Americans, Mexicans, and those Mexican teenagers. Why did he give American military weapons to Drug Cartels?
    We won't have the tragedy that is Benghazi which is so bad that it deserves its own post - ineptitude or worse, coverup, coverup, coverup.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug. 6, 2002
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    Still can't believe any educated rational thinking woman would vote Republican in this election. I think when Obama wins this time he can finally focus all his energy & resources on issues instead of having to be in constant defense mode against brutal stupid attacks from the right. And then the Reps can stop focusing so much energy on making him look bad & start doing their real jobs in Congress.

    I score centrist on most surveys but no way in hell I'd vote Republican this election, these men seriously scare me, and I wouldn't want to live in a country led by them, as a woman.


    13 members found this post helpful.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr. 15, 2008
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadien View Post
    Still can't believe any educated rational thinking woman would vote Republican in this election. I think when Obama wins this time he can finally focus all his energy & resources on issues instead of having to be in constant defense mode against brutal stupid attacks from the right. And then the Reps can stop focusing so much energy on making him look bad & start doing their real jobs in Congress.

    I score centrist on most surveys but no way in hell I'd vote Republican this election, these men seriously scare me, and I wouldn't want to live in a country led by them, as a woman.
    Amen sister!


    4 members found this post helpful.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    Gotta wonder about the "new GOP" who support the "personhood bill" that tells women they cannot get pregnant by in vitro fertilization but is you get raped you must give birth. Yes, that is what Paul Ryan's personhood bill states, all life begins at conception and has all rights of a US citizen.

    I could never support the extreme positions of the right wing and that is who Romney/Ryan are. Trust what they say...Roe vs Wade will be overturned and your employer can deny health coverage for you and no more healthcare reform. We will be right back to having insurance companies denying coverage for pre-existing conditions, limits of coverage and the ability to drop your insurance when you get very sick.

    I just cannot understand why anyone could support these promises of Romney/Ryan. Oh and I spend 4 hours every saturday at the office watching training modules that are required by my corporate employer and I don't get paid for the training. It is part of the corporate culture-why would anyone think someone who's experience in the corporate world has any business running a country ? The corporate world only functions to make a profit, government is not a corporation unless you intend to only support the 1%. Which is what I suspect Romney/Ryan intends to do when they start taking away tax deductions. But we get a tax reduction ? How does that work, taxed on more income with a smaller rate is a TAX INCREASE.

    So go ahead and speak about your support for the GOP and how the current administration is so evil. However, I also want the government out of my bedroom, out of my birth control, I don't need any more corporate culture in my life, I don't want to ask my employer for birth control or ANY other medical need and if the Romney/Ryan tax plan was so great I would think they would be shouting from rooftops just how great it really is. The silence is deafening.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,430

    Default

    Hey I answered the question that was asked. And then got insulted for my answer. Fun game, thanks for playing! LOL

    Of course politics are nutty, you can't even have a handful of people on a horse message board have a civilized discussion.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2008
    Location
    Greeley, Colorado
    Posts
    3,869

    Default

    There are bits and pieces that I like from both candidates. Unfortunately the republican party are forcing people (IMHO) to choose against them in order for people to protect their own reproductive rights. I am a centrist as well. I voted Obama in 08 and will vote Obama again.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

    Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate


    2 members found this post helpful.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadien View Post
    Still can't believe any educated rational thinking woman would vote Republican in this election. I think when Obama wins this time he can finally focus all his energy & resources on issues instead of having to be in constant defense mode against brutal stupid attacks from the right. And then the Reps can stop focusing so much energy on making him look bad & start doing their real jobs in Congress.

    I score centrist on most surveys but no way in hell I'd vote Republican this election, these men seriously scare me, and I wouldn't want to live in a country led by them, as a woman.

    You sound just like republicans sounded when Obama was getting ahead and a sure shoo-in in the past election and right after he was elected.

    Fear-mongering flies in the face of reality, that being that there is more to governing than sound bites.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Apr. 15, 2008
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyoteco View Post
    ..... I don't want Obama care telling me what I can and cannot do, and whether I can or cannot live.

    ....

    Oddly, you and I want the same things....
    Please read the law, nobody is going to tell you whether you can or cannot live. Sheesh!

    Clearly we do not want the same things.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb. 24, 2005
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atlatl View Post
    Please read the law, nobody is going to tell you whether you can or cannot live. Sheesh!

    Clearly we do not want the same things.
    I am very familiar with NHS and other systems. I read preliminary wording for Obamacare and read the relevant sections that were hidden in the stimulus bill. You are the one who needs to read this and do your research. You are being deceived.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr. 15, 2008
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyoteco View Post
    I am very familiar with NHS and other systems. I read preliminary wording for Obamacare and read the relevant sections that were hidden in the stimulus bill. You are the one who needs to read this and do your research. You are being deceived.
    Please provide the specific language of the law that will tell you whether you can or cannot live.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb. 24, 2005
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadien View Post
    Still can't believe any educated rational thinking woman would vote Republican in this election. I think when Obama wins this time he can finally focus all his energy & resources on issues instead of having to be in constant defense mode against brutal stupid attacks from the right. And then the Reps can stop focusing so much energy on making him look bad & start doing their real jobs in Congress.

    I score centrist on most surveys but no way in hell I'd vote Republican this election, these men seriously scare me, and I wouldn't want to live in a country led by them, as a woman.
    What do you want Obama to accomplish?



  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    4,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Gotta wonder about the "new GOP" who support the "personhood bill" that tells women they cannot get pregnant by in vitro fertilization but is you get raped you must give birth. Yes, that is what Paul Ryan's personhood bill states, all life begins at conception and has all rights of a US citizen.

    I could never support the extreme positions of the right wing and that is who Romney/Ryan are. Trust what they say...Roe vs Wade will be overturned and your employer can deny health coverage for you and no more healthcare reform. We will be right back to having insurance companies denying coverage for pre-existing conditions, limits of coverage and the ability to drop your insurance when you get very sick.

    I just cannot understand why anyone could support these promises of Romney/Ryan. Oh and I spend 4 hours every saturday at the office watching training modules that are required by my corporate employer and I don't get paid for the training. It is part of the corporate culture-why would anyone think someone who's experience in the corporate world has any business running a country ? The corporate world only functions to make a profit, government is not a corporation unless you intend to only support the 1%. Which is what I suspect Romney/Ryan intends to do when they start taking away tax deductions. But we get a tax reduction ? How does that work, taxed on more income with a smaller rate is a TAX INCREASE.

    So go ahead and speak about your support for the GOP and how the current administration is so evil. However, I also want the government out of my bedroom, out of my birth control, I don't need any more corporate culture in my life, I don't want to ask my employer for birth control or ANY other medical need and if the Romney/Ryan tax plan was so great I would think they would be shouting from rooftops just how great it really is. The silence is deafening.
    Thank you!

    The NYT did a piece that reflects my opinion. Or maybe my opinion reflects theirs.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/op...dent.html?_r=2&

    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"


    2 members found this post helpful.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2000
    Location
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt
    Posts
    18,791

    Default

    I just happen to believe that Reagan was one of the worst presidents in history.

    Starting with the deal he made with Iran about the hostages before his swearing in, followed by the Iran-Contra affair, followed by interest rates of up to 23%, followed by the great crash of 1987, followed by saddling the country with the biggest peacetime deficit in history, followed by the Saving and Loan crisis, etc., etc.

    I really do not understand how any thinking person could worship at the church of Reagan government.

    His brain matched his TV host exterior. I'm convinced that he was a mere puppet of someone or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    So did Ronald Reagan..oh yeah, he was a TV show host.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire


    6 members found this post helpful.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb. 24, 2010
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Obama and Romney are not the only choices for President. I will be voting for Dr.Jill Stein MD www.jillstein.org the Green Party candidate www.gp.org . She favors womens rights, GLBT rights, peace,clean energy,a Green new Deal providing millions of jobs,single payer health care,etc. She wants to help the poor and her running mate Cheri Honkala used to be homeless.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Apr. 18, 2006
    Location
    The back woods of FLA.
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Okay I will wade in here. First of all I'm tired of the Dems saying that Romney hasn't showed his plan when in fact he has layed out a outline of his proposals- the question here is what is Obama's plan other then tax the evil rich. This has been tried before and it does NOT work!!!
    Second on the social issues- I will preface this by saying I am pro choice(abortion, gay unions) but I truely resent the Dems making this all about my uterus!! Listen up-- Roe v. Wade will not be overturned for the simple reason of why abortions became legal in the first place-to make it a SAFE, sterile procedure that it is today rather than the backroom procedures in which a number of women died from. That being said my position is if you don't support abortion than quite simply don't have one. I don't however believe that the govt should pay for them.
    The reason that the social issues are once again receiving so much attention is that really is the one area that the Dems feel the GOP is weak and so the attacks and sleazy ads. As stated before I AM A INTELLIGENT WOMAN AND I AM VOTING FOR ROMNEY.
    As for the poster who stated the very tired it is someone else's fault(Bush) and that no one could have fixed this in 4 years- news flash for you-it has gotten worse with NO improvement under this administration. You were quoting Clinton and trust me when he made that statement at the DNC he was doing it because he is "currying" favor with the Dems for the future for yet another attempt to get back in the White House with Hilliary. When Clinton was in office his first 2 years were very similar to Obama as far as left side views of the economy- then came the mid term elections and the GOP gained control of both the House and the Senate and forced Clinton to become moderate and that is when the economy started to improve in his first term and on through his second term. After watching Obama in the debates and his actions and manner it is no wonder that he hasn't received cooperation from the other side of the aisle- this is a man who really doesn't like to be questioned or criticized and really shows disdain to people who have the audacity to do this.
    Sorry this was long but I have a very hard time with anyone who claims to "love" all Americans but very clearly doesn't like America and what it stands for.
    Okay off soapbox with flame suit zipped and ready!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson


    3 members found this post helpful.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    41,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    I just happen to believe that Reagan was one of the worst presidents in history.

    Starting with the deal he made with Iran about the hostages before his swearing in, followed by the Iran-Contra affair, followed by interest rates of up to 23%, followed by the great crash of 1987, followed by saddling the country with the biggest peacetime deficit in history, followed by the Saving and Loan crisis, etc., etc.

    I really do not understand how any thinking person could worship at the church of Reagan government.

    His brain matched his TV host exterior. I'm convinced that he was a mere puppet of someone or something.
    Are you sure of your facts?
    The only time interest got very high, 22%, was when Carter was president.

    The highest % I remember at any time before or since was 16%, which was very high, I agree, but not usurious, as 22% was.



  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jun. 14, 2008
    Posts
    335

    Default

    My copay/out of pocket expense has gone from $3,000 per yr/family to $6,000. This amount does not include my monthly premiums which are going up another $175 per month. The $6,000 deductible is only for in-network doctors & it's an additional $6,000 for out-of-network healthcare facilities /providers.
    I remember the $20 copay days, where did "they" go? Who should I vote for?



Similar Threads

  1. CAUTION! POLITICAL THREAD!
    By Frank B in forum The Menagerie
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct. 25, 2012, 11:40 AM
  2. For the political threads...
    By CosMonster in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr. 2, 2011, 02:39 PM
  3. Replies: 151
    Last Post: Feb. 5, 2011, 07:07 PM
  4. First political thread this off topic day...
    By dressurpferd01 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan. 14, 2011, 05:56 PM
  5. The political thread
    By dizzywriter in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: May. 18, 2010, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness