The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

And just who are the people complaining about Obama and Christi working TOGETHER, like adults, for the good of those effected by Sandy?

1 members found this post helpful.

Are ANY of you watching all the breaking stories on Benghazi? It's getting worse by the hour. .....and....wait for it.....other news agencies are finally picking up on it. The President is going to HAVE to start answering questions.

4 members found this post helpful.

Actually, I am watching the real news, ya know about the hurricane 75 people dead in the US and Canada. Worst hurricane on record.

Benghazzi breaking story.......must be faux news.

Don't you have another thread going on Benghazzi ? What not getting enough traffic for you ?

You actually have 2 other threads on that subject.

5 members found this post helpful.

Here is what I think about Benghazi, that place is a powder keg right now. Details we are not privy to, we are probably not supposed to be privy to for the simple reason that al quaeda has access to the same information we do from news outlets. There have already been cases of Congressional panels letting slip classified information that could be life threatening to those stationed in sensitive operations there. For things to be kept from us at this point makes to me total sense. I'd rather have this stuff revealed when it's safe for those in delicate military positions to be done with what they have to do then "tell all" and have them face danger because the American public had to have it's next conspiracy theory.

6 members found this post helpful.

FYI people FEMA gets their money from the states. Then the states have jump through hoops to get it back from the feds.(Proof is in the speech from Obama in which stated that he personally was not going to stand for any bureauracy in holding up the help or money). I think the figure that is (payed in by states or payed out by FEMA I can't remember which one) is aprox. $10,000 dollars per household. What Romney has stated is let the states keep the money in the state coffers so they have quicker and easier access.

Obama himself has also said he wants to cut funding to FEMA in his sequestration proposal-just saying.

My heart goes out to the the people in NY and NJ-mother nature is a b*tch!!! And yes it is going to be a long recovery for the people there(just as it was in NO). But I'm taken aback by this somewhat hypocrisy of the "concerned" Obama. Where was this concern and stopping campaigning during Benghazi? Or for that matter we sure didn't see press pixs of him meeting with FEMA when the hurricaine was bearing down again on NO earlier this year. We heard statements ,yes, mostly to the effect that he was going to be much proactive than Bush(which means that Jindal was on the ball unlike the other gov. who refused help). But then there was the criticism of the RNC for going ahead with their convention.

As for the press yesterday crowing about how he "looked so Presidential" (ad naseum) umm-well yeah..he is the President. So please tell me what did he look like before?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Are ANY of you watching all the breaking stories on Benghazi? It's getting worse by the hour. .....and....wait for it.....other news agencies are finally picking up on it. The President is going to HAVE to start answering questions.
    About what? How is he supposed to solve the problems there magically? how is he supposed to know EXACTLY what happened RIGHT away and report it to the world because they want to know NOW? Um. Remember 9/11 hysteria? Fake war in Iraq after an ex-Saudi in Afghanistan attacked.

This is the kind of crap and hysteria that went with the last election--remember? terrorist, terrorist, terrorist. You can scare small minded people into war and thinking they have to defend themselves. What do you think we should do? Drop a bomb? Send in troops? Send over negotiators? IS there ANY answer?

We need to keep our nose OUT of this. There's little we can do if we get involved and a LOT of bad results, and keeping out of it probably won't make much difference. Either way, any resolution is behind closed doors. You don't broadcast it on Faux news because they cry fear, again.

Obama is the one who keeps saying that al quaeda is on its heels. He seems to be the only one that believes that. I don't think anyone has said that we should go to war but if something more could have been done to save those guys especially when Amb. Stevens himself sent cables and e-mails saying there was a problem with al quaeda groups and they needed more security should we just sweep this under the rug?

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeYaLook View Post
    FYI people FEMA gets their money from the states. Then the states have jump through hoops to get it back from the feds.(Proof is in the speech from Obama in which stated that he personally was not going to stand for any bureauracy in holding up the help or money). I think the figure that is (payed in by states or payed out by FEMA I can't remember which one) is aprox. $10,000 dollars per household. What Romney has stated is let the states keep the money in the state coffers so they have quicker and easier access.

Obama himself has also said he wants to cut funding to FEMA in his sequestration proposal-just saying.

My heart goes out to the the people in NY and NJ-mother nature is a b*tch!!! And yes it is going to be a long recovery for the people there(just as it was in NO). But I'm taken aback by this somewhat hypocrisy of the "concerned" Obama. Where was this concern and stopping campaigning during Benghazi? Or for that matter we sure didn't see press pixs of him meeting with FEMA when the hurricaine was bearing down again on NO earlier this year. We heard statements ,yes, mostly to the effect that he was going to be much proactive than Bush(which means that Jindal was on the ball unlike the other gov. who refused help). But then there was the criticism of the RNC for going ahead with their convention.

As for the press yesterday crowing about how he "looked so Presidential" (ad naseum) umm-well yeah..he is the President. So please tell me what did he look like before?
    FEMA money is released once the area is declared a state of emergency. Not a lot of hoops. Our area has received FEMA money and it also changes the permit requirements once the area is declared. I have no idea what $10,000.00 per household is, impacts cannot be calculated per household especially in more rural areas. The states also receive help from diasaster teams by FEMA dispatched to help the locals. I have lived through several disasters and the FEMA help is always welcomed both the funds and the disaster teams with specific experience to get infrastructure, roads, water, sewer, up and running. That is the issue.

OK, hindsight is 20/20. What would YOU have done? Whatever it is, it would have had some bad results, and been criticized for it. This is not a situation where there are right answers that will fix anything. It's just trying to mitigate a huge mess.

You can argue whatever you want. Al Qaeda is like the KK--there will always be nuts out there (and I hear the KKK is on the rise.) Executing the head and getting the ring leaders is a step. I doubt it will ever be resolved.

Really how many threads about this issue do you Obama haters need ?

Yes, have been watching this story, since day 1. Obama will go down over this, he did not do anything to help Amb. Stevens. The ex-seal CIA operatives at the annex disobeyed direct orders to NOT help the people at the complex. They went anyways and ended up getting killed.

Yes I am aware that the states have to notify the feds by declaring a state of emergency. But if this handled so well then why did Obama make the statement that he did? I don't disagree that once FEMA is there that they do a good job and are welcomed by the people who have been impacted by the event. As far as changing permit requirements that doesn't always happen when it should-ie where I am located every couple of years the creek floods and the same houses get flooded but they always are allowed to rebuild at taxpayer expense. Because as I stated FEMA gets its money from the taxes that are raised by each state and payed into FEMA.

FEMA is one of the most incompetent government run organizations!!!

Yes I am aware that the states have to notify the feds by declaring a state of emergency. But if this handled so well then why did Obama make the statement that he did? I don't disagree that once FEMA is there that they do a good job and are welcomed by the people who have been impacted by the event. As far as changing permit requirements that doesn't always happen when it should-ie where I am located every couple of years the creek floods and the same houses get flooded but they always are allowed to rebuild at taxpayer expense. Because as I stated FEMA gets its money from the taxes that are raised by each state and payed into FEMA.
    The people who built near the creek have the right to rebuild and if the government refuses to let them build what was legally built previously, then the government must buy them out. That is a property owners right, government cannot refuse to allow to rebuild unless the property owner is compensated.

Permits are other local, state and federal permits that are waived in areas declared a federal emergency area.

You might want to just check it out. Check out Foreign Policy online and see what they've written. Remember, 2 young reporters from the Washington Post who started coming up with stories that initially no one paid attention to? This is so much worse. Oh, never mind. I'm done here. But I can't tell you how terribly terribly saddened I am at the fact that NONE of those men would have died if anyone in the administration had been doing their job.

And for the record, I have not written ANYTHING as an Obama hater. I haven't called anyone names, or said anyone was crazy for what they believed, I haven't said that they're just not credible or that their stuff is total fiction or been disrespectful to anyone. I have just pointed out my views and tried to share some facts and some of my opinions. In a respectful way. Wish I could say the same for a lot of you. Have a really nice evening. I'm outta here.

I have honest views concerning President Obama's competence (or lack of) as a President. I question his methods, his motives and his integrity. I think he's run a disgustingly dirty small minded campaign. I don't think he's put forth any new ideas as to how he'll change what he's doing to be more effective. He made a lot of promises he couldn't keep during his first term. He's saying the same things now. He said if he didn't succeed in halving the deficit and cutting unemployment to 5.4% in the first 3 years that he'd be a one term President. His entire campaign has been to attack Romney.

He's been derisive, arrogant and occasionally quite juvenile. I think he'd prefer to be a stand-up comic to being president.

Because I have an opposing view to yours, how does that merit being a rant?
    Am I to be belittled and demeaned because I'm not in the Obama camp? Does the fact I have opposing views mean it's hate?
    Right......this is singing the praises of our commander in chief !

2 members found this post helpful.

I think you are mistaken about that people can rebuild if they want to- there are some barrier islands (ie Polly's Isl off coast of SC) that people have already been informed that they will not be allowed to rebuild if a natural disaster occurs. But my point is why do my tax dollars continously go to pay for rebuilding areas that are almost routinely in problems? In turn it also affects my insurance rates even though I'm not in the floodplain area.

I for one do not believe that govt. always has the answers or the know how to fix everything. I think that the states should have a lot more say so then the do in certain areas-ie education, healthcare, and yes emergency situations.

Oh yeah and now Pres. Obama is proposing yet another govt. bureaucracy in our lives by creating a Business Cabinet with a "Secretary of Business" - oh goody that's just what we need -yeah that will help create jobs- at least the people in the Cabinet will be employed!

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

my XH posted this on his FB wall and it's perfectly written. In response to someone commenting that he should not vote for his first choice (Gary Johnson) if he doesn't have a chance of winning because that takes away a vote from his 2nd choice making it more likely that his least favorite choice will win.

That would make a difference to me if I thought there was a difference between the Ds and the Rs. Which I don't. I think they are both beholden to the bribery of lobbyists and make all the promises in the world but we all know they are liars yet still have debates over which lies they tell we agree with more. And among all this back and forth dishonesty, we aren't even readily exposed to other viewpoints. So this particular campaign is trying to get at least 5% of the vote in hopes of getting a place in the next election's debates and public monies. There won't be a third party elected this election, and likely not the next several. The only way to change that would be to stop subscribing to the fear the two parties have instilled in the voters of "vote for me or the other guy will win".
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Its pretty sad that some are unhappy about leaders working together. It speaks volumes about intent.

I think you are mistaken about that people can rebuild if they want to- there are some barrier islands (ie Polly's Isl off coast of SC) that people have already been informed that they will not be allowed to rebuild if a natural disaster occurs. But my point is why do my tax dollars continously go to pay for rebuilding areas that are almost routinely in problems? In turn it also affects my insurance rates even though I'm not in the floodplain area.

I for one do not believe that govt. always has the answers or the know how to fix everything. I think that the states should have a lot more say so then the do in certain areas-ie education, healthcare, and yes emergency situations.

Oh yeah and now Pres. Obama is proposing yet another govt. bureaucracy in our lives by creating a Business Cabinet with a "Secretary of Business" - oh goody that's just what we need -yeah that will help create jobs- at least the people in the Cabinet will be employed!
    The Federal govt underwrites insurance policies in these high risk areas, specifically storm/flood insurance policies. Thes are policies private insurance companies will NOT touch. So yes our tax $$$$$ will be spent on helping quite a few of those who were impacted by Sandy to rebuild their million dollar houses in high risk areas... I think the estimate is $50 billion dollars in damage, much of which will be covered by tax payer $$$$.

2 members found this post helpful.