The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Organix haircare products?

Anyone used this brand?

I just washed my hair today with The Cherry Blossom shampoo and Coconut conditioner. Followed by my usual dime sized dollop of Moroccan oil. My hair seems more manageable than when I wash it with Bed Head.

Any opinions? My hair smells REALLY GOOD too!

My hair liked it, but my scalp reacted badly to it after about 2 weeks of using. I switched to the tea tree shampoo of the same brand and same thing I love the smells of the products and how my hair looked...but my scalp is just too sensitive!

Hmm, I'll have to pay close attention. I overall have pretty sensitive skin, but haven't ever reacted to a shampoo before.

The cheap stuff makes my hair fall out. So I'm stuck using brands like Bed Head and Redkin.

I haven't had good luck with it, my hair just didn't like it. I use Costco shampoo and conditioner, it works great for me, I think it's organic? I can't remember. But I know it's sulfate free and that's really important to me and my sensitive-skinned kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by SAcres View Post
    Hmm, I'll have to pay close attention. I overall have pretty sensitive skin, but haven't ever reacted to a shampoo before.

The cheap stuff makes my hair fall out. So I'm stuck using brands like Bed Head and Redkin.
    Ditto. My scalp problems started when my crazy roommate swapped shampoos. She poured her cheapo Suave shampoo into my fekkai bottle. I couldn't figure out why my hair was falling out or why my scalp was bleeding until the third roommate told me.

Now I can't even use redken or fekkai...it's a constant gamble to see what will set off my scalp and what won't.

Thanks Capall. I have a Costco membership so I'll look around the next time I'm there.

Bleeding scalp? Wow, that is terrible! I haven't ever gotten that bad, but when I was using Aussie (which I don't think is a bad brand) every day I was losing more hair. I was worried I was sick or something.

I tried one of their shampoos about 3 years ago. (Sorry can't remember which one but it was red). My scalp HATED it, I ended up getting pimples on my scalp and a couple developed into abcesses (yuk!). It's took a good year before my scalp was back to normal.

I use Neutrogena's Clear Replenishing Shampoo for most showers and Neutrogena's T/Gel Salicylic Acid shampoo for when my dandruff flares up or those little pimples come back. I have been very please with Neutrogena's hair care line.

I alternate between the Organix argan oil and keratin therapy varieties. I like the argan oil better, but the keratin smells like a pina colada. They are sulfate free, my color fades a lot less than with other shampoos...and don't cost a fortune.

My hair fell out when I tried their conditioners - the only conditioner that I've found to work for me has been Tresseme Remoisturize or Moisture Rich. Go figure. Suave and the like are a definite no go, as are the pricier Nexxus and Infusium.

I still use the Organix shampoo from time to time because it smells so. Damn. Good. But for the most part I use Pantene because shampoo is shampoo.
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

Oh goodness, now I'm scared my scalp is going to react and my hair will fall out.

I'm thinking about just trying Wen.

I tried the pomegranite, but in addition to being allergic to sulfates, I'm also allergic to most of the red colorings, so it didn't exactly make my scalp happy. Though it did smell nice, and it wasn't as bad as Suave (which also gives me the awful bloody scalp )

Picked up one of the other kinds, but haven't tried it yet.

I've had good luck with Burt's Bees and Nature's Gate, and one of the sulfate-free Loreal shampoos as well.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Just south of the Arctic Circle...seriously

I love the Moroccan/Argan Oil one. My hair smells great and is super soft.
    “Thoroughbreds are the best. They’re lighter, quicker, and more intelligent.” -George Morris

I've used the tea tree oil one (green bottle), the pomegranate one (?? bottle), Moroccan oil one (?? bottle), the one with the blue bottle (might be Moroccan or maybe another oil?), the keratin one (brown bottle I think) and the black bottle with something from Hawaii. Loved them ALL. Love the black bottle the best.

Recently tried L'oreal's new sleek series. Totally the best there is IMO . I also always use a bit of argan oil after I shower, and 90 percent of the time I do my own blow out. But this what my hair looked like after I used that L'oreal stuff. Don't laugh at the pic...
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Love it. And I have very sensitive skin but have never had any problems with it. They used to have a vanilla one that I LOVED, but I haven't seen it for a while. Love the aargan oil variety, the macadamia oil, and the coconut (which smells awesome!). I just wish they would bring the vanilla back--it made my hair look and smell so good! Now I go back and forth between the aargan oil and the coconut--the aargan oil makes my hair look great, but the coconut smells the best (but doesn't make my hair look *as* good as the aargan oil). Oh well. First world problem. ;-)

Thanks everyone! I agree, the coconut smells wonderful! I think I'll stick with brand for now, as long as my hair and scalp behave. I'm usually not too sensitive about shampoos/conditioners (other than my hair falling out with the really cheap stuff) so hopefully I won't encounter any problems.
    I may try the Keratin ones, as my hair is pretty damaged from flat ironing and coloring.

ThrJenners, your hair looks beautiful! I may have to pick up some L'Oreal!

I find this brand to be very hit or miss. I like the coconut one and the awapuhi/ginger one, but hate the mint one and the argan oil one. I tried the Clear products recently, they are cheaper, and found they worked great and smell nice.

If you don't mind spending some $$, the Enjoy hair product line is amazing. Not gonna lie, they are pricey, but worth every penny as a treat every once in awhile.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Thanks everyone! I agree, the coconut smells wonderful! I think I'll stick with brand for now, as long as my hair and scalp behave. I'm usually not too sensitive about shampoos/conditioners (other than my hair falling out with the really cheap stuff) so hopefully I won't encounter any problems.
    I may try the Keratin ones, as my hair is pretty damaged from flat ironing and coloring.

ThrJenners, your hair looks beautiful! I may have to pick up some L'Oreal!
    Thanks. Forgot to mention, the L'oreal stuff is sulfate free just like the Organix. It really smooths down my fly aways and makes my hair soft and shiny. My hair is thick and really, REALLY, full-bodied. Frankly it's a PITA, but whatever, DH likes it. If I don't do a blow out, it's unmanageable, hence why I always do one, and I straighten it for special occasions.

I've been using Organix for two years or so, maybe more, and I've probably made a switch to this L'Oreal stuff. I highlight my hair, so when I shampoo but before I condition, the highlighted parts get super snarly. The awapuhi ginger (black bottle) and L'Oreal stuff are the only ones that don't do that, and the awapuhi isn't always available.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Love the smell, hate the results. I'm sticking to my baking soda/water and Triple Condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    That's got to be expensive, how much oil can you press out of a chipmunk?

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I have a dry & itchy scalp but oily hair. I finally decided to solve it, & after some research online discovered Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and Conditioner, and itchy scalp treatment. I use the treatment once a week and everything else normally (for me every other day, unless I'm in a really dry climate, then every day). My scalp still itches occasionally, but not nearly as badly as it used to. I've also followed the instructions my hairdressers/ the internet gave - drink more water, & shower with less hot water were the main ones.

I've never used Organix, but tried SO MANY products and so far this seems to work best, which sucks because of course it's also more expensive than anything else I've tried.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Anyone used this brand?

I just washed my hair today with The Cherry Blossom shampoo and Coconut conditioner. Followed by my usual dime sized dollop of Moroccan oil. My hair seems more manageable than when I wash it with Bed Head.

Any opinions? My hair smells REALLY GOOD too!
    I used to use the Coconut duo (shampoo+conditioner) about 3 years ago. I really liked how it left my long, wavy hair (that tends to kind of "poof" out) soft and shiny and, well, not so "poofy" once I'd blow-dried it.

Only reason I stopped using it is because my dad kept giving me grief on the $7/bottle price tag. (Can't wait till I'm finally a nurse and live on my own. Of course, by then I'll be almost 30...)