The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hano Licensing - observations on results ...

First off - can't believe how many black or Dk brown stallions got premiums! Is Hano going the way of Oldenburg or Trakehner ??? or are only the dark stallions getting the breedings, influencing the # of dark foals?

I loved the Soliman de Hus (chestnut --- so he must have been well-liked to get in with the dark boys, ha-ha).

Regarding damsires, Rotspon again is well represented. This year's high-price went to the Dancier Rotspon son. Last year's big star, De L'or, was also Dancier / Rotspon.

Also well-represented as damsires, Donnerhall and Furst Heinrich.

Oh, and among the jumpers - 2 with Contendro as damsire.

From a sales price standpoint, the stallions with Donnerhall blood seemed to sell for more money.

I loved the Dancier stallion (18). We should see a lot more of him now that he is going to Schockemohles.

Dan

Being there in person, I do not think color was that much a factor as the premiums, were the ones who did show exceptionaly well over the two days.

I think the overall quality this year was deeper than in the recent past. I still think we are losing quality of the walk with most of the new pedigrees. The youngsters with Donnerhall blood had the best overall quality of walk, but still are influenced by the balance of the pedigree.

I was particullary excited about the Diamond Hit. He seemed to have it all. As a performance horse, the Vivaldi was interesting as well as the Royaldik and the Benneton Dream/Grand Cru.

I wanted to like the Soliman de Hus but he seemed to lose something over the licensing that I think he was tired, so really ended up not caring for him as much.

Will be an interesting couple of years waiting to see the offspring of this year's crop
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
    First off - can't believe how many black or Dk brown stallions got premiums! Is Hano going the way of Oldenburg or Trakehner ??? or are only the dark stallions getting the breedings, influencing the # of dark foals?

I loved the Soliman de Hus (chestnut --- so he must have been well-liked to get in with the dark boys, ha-ha).

Regarding damsires, Rotspon again is well represented. This year's high-price went to the Dancier Rotspon son. Last year's big star, De L'or, was also Dancier / Rotspon.

Also well-represented as damsires, Donnerhall and Furst Heinrich.

Oh, and among the jumpers - 2 with Contendro as damsire.
    Han Verband has always been a large chestnut breed--much more so than others, except maybe SF. And of course you see the chestnut a lot in the Han dressage lines. Maybe now what you see is the color change due to the outcrossings to some of the Oldbg R & D bloodlines. That may explain the color changes in the younger Han horse crops.

The Dancier/Rotspon was my favorite. Wow!

Vivaldi - That horse was something for the crowds in my eyes or as a friend of mine put it that is a circus horse !

Color does not play a role in Hanoverian breeding. People seem to be still pretty open if it comes to quality.

Linked the Quando Quando, the Diamond Hit e.g.
    I was not there for the longing, so I can not really comment in full about the dressage qualities.
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

Interesting, I didn't really like the Vivaldi -- a bit lacking substance, pretty but ??

Loved the Diamond Hit --- but he seems very big-bodied for a 2 1/2 year old. I wonder how he will mature.

What were the impressions of #16 he seemed very modern and light footed for such a tall colt, I think he will mature into a very nice horse. But he didn't sell for much, so maybe he was not as nice in the flesh as on video. Any thoughts from the folks that saw him. I always like the ones that still look a bit immature at this age.

I was impressed with (and like!) the large number of strongly TB influenced colts among those licensed. Lauries Crusador was the dam sire of 4 approved colts (numbers 24, 29, 33 and 48); Langata Express another (number 26), and Albaran the sire of another (number 1). Interestingly, they are all among the dressage-bred colts; none among the jumper colts (even though many of the most potent jumping lines are TB based, e.g., Ladykiller, Furioso, Der Lowe).

I swear I saw one with a Tb dam line....
    http://212.114.39.29/auktionen/viewp...stkoe_27102012

My favorite for dressage was definitely #51 the Quando Quando/Donnerhall. I liked seeing the Valentino's as I have one coming this Spring. I really like As di Villagana as a stallion and his #70 sold for only 8,500 euro. Does anyone know the story on him? Pm me if you like. ����
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoonfarms View Post
    My favorite for dressage was definitely #51 the Quando Quando/Donnerhall.
    I liked him quite a bit too. And he is such a cool color, dark liver with a light tail and light lower legs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoonfarms View Post
    My favorite for dressage was definitely #51 the Quando Quando/Donnerhall.
    He was my favorite too.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Does anybody know about #70 As di Villagana? I like As di Villagana as a stallion and am surprised his son sold for only euro 8,500.

I guess I'm not alone for my feelings on the Quando-Quando/Donnerhall. He looked vey impressive to me and yes his color is just gorgeous!!
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Ouch. They were pretty critical of some of the stallions.

Dan

Critical yes. But that is how it should be if you ar trying to breed a better horse.
    I will say that some of these TWO year olds did have issues conformationaly that were confusing to me as to why they were in the licensing. It was obvious some were breeding quality and some were for performance(these are not always the same as I have posted before in another thread).

The QQ was slightly sickle hocked. Nothing too bad, but for a premium?? I have to admit he was one of my top three picks though.
    The Vivaldi was immature and a real front end mover.
    The Diamond HIt was the whole package for me, an engine with power, good mind, talent for performance and the type to produce performance horses.
    I really liked the Fuerst Grandios. I was happy with him for many reasons. I can see him both for breeding and performance. I would have looked closely at him except that I knew he was going for $$$

However, there was one I looked at for an investment for performance. Nice bloodline, super type, promising athlete, would be interesting blood for USA breeders. BUT----and this shocked me--class 3 films. Aparently 1 of 3 in the licensing. This one did go for good money and above my budget.

So I have to agree with the general content of the article
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Marydell View Post
    BUT----and this shocked me--class 3 films. Aparently 1 of 3 in the licensing. This one did go for good money and above my budget.
    Slightly off topic, but what do you mean by Class 3 films? I'm guessing bad x-rays?

P.

How were the front legs on the Quando-Quando? It is a bit hard to gauge correctness form the videos they posted (no away and back shots).

the eurdoressage article is very well spotted and seems to come from some wellknown and very appreciated writers (follow the link on that page).