The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Barn jackets

Our barn's show riders want jackets to get embroidered with our trainer's logo. Nice looking, semi-fitted, no hoods. Prefer bonded fleece type (no actual polar fleece as it attracts hair & hay). Think North Face, but without the price tag. Does anyone know of any good jackets? Oh, would prefer something that came in navy or forest green (her colors) and in kids sizes as well as women's.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

You might want to try Old Navy. I got a great, pretty inexpensive soft shell jacket from there about three years ago that is great for the barn/riding and would be perfect for embroidery.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

We got ours through the embroidery place. They are Port Authority L354 and were $70 with the barn name in large letters on the back, our names on the upper sleeve (assistant trainer said she didn't want people looking at her chest to read her name, LOL), and the barn "monogram" on the front chest. They came in a variety of colors.
    The Evil Chem Prof

This company supplies many business with all kinds of clothing, including jackets with logos:

http://www.gemplers.com/workwear

You may want to check with them.

We have one small company locally that provides such clothing, you may want to check in your yellow pages.
    That is where our dog club gets the club T-shirts, sweaters, jackets and caps with our colors and logo.

Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

Our barn has the Port Authority L790 as our barn jacket. Soft shell, great fit, perfect for riding.

I've got a heavy barn jacket at my old barn from Port Authority that I love. I would look in their catalog and see what they have, I know that there were several options for different jackets (one very similar to a North Face) and they were all incredibly well received from the boarders/students at my old barn. Not super pricey and very comfortable. I know my jacket (not like a North Face, it is definitely warm) is something I cannot trade and will continue to wear even though I'm no longer a part of the barn (and it doesn't exist anymore lol).

Kind of random - but have you checked Costco? We've had really good luck picking up high quality, low cost outerwear there and having it embroidered at our local shop.

Skyy and Resilient - can you share photos ? We are looking at the same soft shell model. How did you embroider yours?

I love the Port Authority jackets - mine is actually for a different group (speech and debate), but I pushed for the soft shell jacket because they're so darn nice to ride in!
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.