The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default CAUTION! POLITICAL THREAD!

National polls show that voters all over the country are losing faith in their elected leaders. But the 900 residents of Talkeetna, Alaska, say their mayor is doing a great job bringing in tourist dollars and has served in office for over a decade.

"He's good. He's probably the best we've ever had," resident Lauri Stec tells KTUU. "He was just in the Alaska Magazine, and he's been featured in a few different things."...

...That's because the 15-year-old mayor is actually a cat, who was elected to office as a write-in candidate shortly after his birth...
    SOURCE:
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

You know, I can particulary see an Orange cat being a good mayor - there is something about orange cats, they have that "it" factor.

I may have to write-in the leader of my own "pride", Half-Chin, for this years local election. He is a tuxedo cat but quite in control of the situation in my household, so I have high hopes he could run a town with equal success...

Wasn't a cat a mayor of London at some point? Or am I just believing a little too much Marguerite Henry?
    HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!

Cats just have a natural authority thing going on. However, I wonder how Hizzoner the Mayor feels when he gets stuffed into the crate for vet visits. Surprised there's no city ordinance banning cat carriers yet...