The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Black registered arab pony stallion IN

Padrons Ebony is a 1994 model (511442) looking for a new home where his services as a stallion will be used more often. He has an excellent pedigree.

Ebony is solid black (although he is registered as a bay) with a small snip on his nose. He sticks at 14 hands on the nose.

He's probably the most unstallion stallion you will ever meet. He is a gentleman to handle who is so quiet you will forget he's a stallion. He'd rather eat and sleep then anything else, lead him by his halter if you want. Not nippy, no bad habits, respectful of electric tape fencing, very easy keeper.

He currently has one foal in the barn who seems to be wise behind his years as a yearling so Ebony passes his behavior on to his offspring.

Has been bred in an arena and was easy to handle.

He is broke to ride WTC but it has been a few years and he was green when I stopped riding him due to lack of time.He lunges, ground drives, crossties, good for the farrier. He was VERY easy to start, ride him bareback in a halter if you want but you'd better bring a stick.

He will only go to a suitable home with previous stallion experience. He would be the ideal first stallion for an experience horse person wanting to start a small breeding program. We feel like he would be an excellent cross for hunter or sport ponies because he will throw his size and temperment.

Our vet feels like gelding an older stallion like this is not a good idea, and he has a better chance as a stallion then as a green older gelding. He is in ZERO danger and will live out the rest of his days at his barn but his owner would like to downsize and he doesn't fit in with her program. He's not much into running around like a fool even though he goes out every day so he's a bit squishy around the edges.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20892581@N04/8234060284/
    Last edited by enjoytheride; Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: better picture

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20892581@N04/8234060284/

Better picture and lunging videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8yR_...2&feature=plcp

If you follow the link there is a video of me riding him bareback, it would be his first ride in 4 years and my 3rd time riding bareback so it's just at the walk but it shows how quiet he is. Sorry, no trotting unless you want to see me slip off the side!

PLZ - put up a better first picture. He is 'cute' but not sure why he is still a stallion except that he is sweet and cute and I assume has good bloodlines....frankly not many people are breeding Arabs these days due to over flooding of the market. I no longer have the Arabian data base.

He would have a better chance as a sweet gelding JMO!! Put a saddle on and take pics that show that he has some potential as a riding horse! Some young girl could be thrilled! Take better conformation shot...he IS cute, has some nice points...but your picture doesn't show his best.

2 members found this post helpful.

Cute pony arab stallion. Love to see him under saddle. He might make a good kid pony if he was gelded.

Why crack the whip so much at the trot? Is he willing to canter? I agree, a better confirmation photo in the sun, on flat ground may do wonders in finding this sweet guy a free-lease partner.

1 members found this post helpful.