The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Have you had any first hand experience with Teresa Groesbeck?

Before doing business with this woman do some investigating.

You'll be shocked by the number of horror stories out there.

How many more people and horses have to suffer at the hands of this woman?

Speak up and help spread the word - in a manner that this post remains open.

California Eventing, Sacramento, Sport Horse Breeding, Dressage, Arabian, Aberjack, Teresa Fanucchi Groesbeck, Cedarhaven Performance Horses, Ownedbyhim

3 members found this post helpful.

Default Yep...I would NEVER ever go near that woman again

I had what seemed to be a good experience up until a few months after the transaction, when things went way sour. She definitely seems to be bi-polar, and seems to go from nice, caring, social, to angry, mean, vindictive in a matter of moments.
    I would never ever recommend anyone do business with her, just for the sheer fact that she doesn't honor what she vowed to do and does the opposite of what she "promised" to do. Had I known earlier, I would have never done business with her to begin with. I hope the word gets around more vocally, as I'd like to save someone else the heartache I've experienced in my dealings with her.
    I'm happy to provide details of my experience to those who send me a private message...I just don't want to go into detail here, since she frequents these boards, and I don't need to have her try and destroy my business when she gets angry at me for coming forward with my story.

1 members found this post helpful.

You guys definitely aren't alone view my posts on the Jill Burnell/Gray Fox thread in Sport Horse Breeding for photos/story.

I have dealt with her and she was easy and very professional. There may be horror stories but my experience was not. She actually went out of her way to help get me semen.

2 members found this post helpful.

Did said semen "work?" I don't think there has been a single confirmed Aberjack pregnancy via shipped semen since he was given to her. Sounds like you never had a horse in her care, which I would consider an absolute blessing.

Sadly, I had a really awful experience with her. I definitely agree with the bi-polar nature of her behavior. I feel badly since so much of the industry is based on word of mouth, but she can behave horribly. I'm not sure what sets her off, but it didn't appear to be anything logical.

I think her husband (if they're still married?) is a good trainer, but its not worth putting yourself or your horse in that kind of environment.

Default Run far away!!!!

Ok, I'll reluctantly bite. Buckle up for the rollercoaster ride from hell if you wish to have any business deals with Teressa. No human or animal should be subjected to this woman. I witnessed more than most and wouldn't recommend her or her "care" to anyone. Most say bipolar but add a splash of hormones, and a sprinkle of narcissistic personality disorder and I believe you have a recipe for disaster! Hope some day she can get it all under control so no body (human or equine) else suffers.

I feel like I'm spamming this thread, so I'll bow out after this. These photos say it all. Click on the first photo on the link and just keep clicking "next." The captions explain what you are looking at. They include photos of 4 days before she left my care, once in Teresa's care, and then when she came "home."

https://plus.google.com/photos/10308...14122616024273

These photos cannot be disputed and can't be "explained away." No vet was ever sought out if she truly was unable to keep weight on the mare, who is and always has been an easy keeper. I was never alerted to her condition. Even when I went to visit, Teresa acted like all was well and dandy until I finally mustered the courage to ask why on earth my mare was so downright skinny.

I had no problems putting weight back on the mare and did not pump her full of rice bran, beet pulp, etc. I just gave her a standard amount of good quality hay, a little bit of grain (TC Growth to start and then TC Lite, yes, LITE!) and she blossomed right back out to a healthy weight. She clearly was not fed much at all while at Cedarhaven Performance Horses. She was not the only one in this condition, either. Reports from locals is that Aberjack is getting skinnier and skinnier as well.

A Dutch mare who was given to her was euthanized after she determined she was "infertile." Or rather she just didn't take with Aberjack. Most likely not her fault she couldn't conceive using questionable quality semen

I'd also like to know if the lady who either gave Cedarhaven or leased Cedarhaven the lovely one eyed NZSH mare "Big Girl" knows that she is dead, too.
    Last edited by ShannonD; Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonD View Post
    . Reports from locals is that Aberjack is getting skinnier and skinnier as well.
    If this is true has any effort been made to contact Denny E. and let him know the condition of the stallion?

His FB page is here https://www.facebook.com/denny.emerson?ref=ts&fref=ts
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Denny has been contacted, yes, but ownership of Aberjack was actually transferred to Cedarhaven last year. It wasn't a lease situation unfortunately.

I feel like I'm spamming this thread, so I'll bow out after this. These photos say it all.
    How horrible for your mare and for you. Even with good references, if your horse is out of your sight, you don't know what's happening to it.
    Last edited by Gestalt; Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Teresa is my ex-wife, I do not live with her.,but I will defend her. I do not know what motivates you small minded females to attack someone as viciously as you do on a public forum. You want to start a fight here? Okay. Shannon Debrusier, (sp) I don't know what kind of personal crusade you are on, but the local animal control officers are getting pretty sick of your constant complaints, and they stated they will fine YOU the next time you waste their time sending them out to find healthy and happy horses eating, drinking and playing. They laugh at you. Not one local veterinarian will back up any of your claims of neglect or abuse. You saw your mare less than three weeks before you got her back. For whatever reasons, she dropped off her feed was chewing everything in site, within those 2 weeks. She told you as much. You are a liar! There was no neglect, starving, or any mistreatment took place. I was unfortunate curcumstance. It was rectified by returning the mare to you. None of the other horses had a problem. Teresa returned her to you. If you didn't like how she looked, you should have spoken to her directly, and taken it up with her. Yet here you are ten months later still whining. . Never mind you feel the need to walk around on someone elses ranch and take photos without permission to post on facebook, help yourself to her hospitality and stay there for THREE DAYS with your boyfriend, sleeping in until 11:00 am. Teresa finally had to ask you to leave!. You got your mare back, get over it! You also have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to to her breeding Aberjack and it is none of your freaking business. Your lack of anything better to do is only surpassed by your small petty mindedness. Take your miss goody two shoes spoiled little twit act somewhere else. Two can play at name calling, you see. Some of you other people should be ashamed of yourselves as well to be sucked into this public character assasination while hiding behind your screen names. It is all juicy gossip for you. Shannon, you and your friends are the team leader of these attacks, which you are delighting in entertaining your puny little mind. You want to attack Teresa, you can go through me. That goes for the rest of you.Jwgtraining@msn.com

Houseguests! Pass the popcorn, extra Danisih butter please.

4 members found this post helpful.

A Dutch mare who was given to her was euthanized after she determined she was "infertile." Or rather she just didn't take with Aberjack. Most likely not her fault she couldn't conceive using questionable quality semen
    A grey mare? I hope it is not Sophie!

No lies here. Is there a vet report that can be provided to prove that a horse who supposedly magically dropped hundreds of pounds in a matter of weeks was given proper medical attention? Teresa acted like nothing was wrong with the mare. When I finally got the courage to ask her why she was skinny, she shrugged it off. "Oh she started dropping weight so we upped her feed." Then when she contacted me to end the lease she refused to answer why, despite me asking numerous times. I can provide proof of of this. And no, she never told me she was "chewing everything in sight for 2 weeks." She briefly mentioned to my ex boyfriend that she was eating wood. Not to me, only to someone who is not a horse person and who would not know what questions to ask. This was obviously deliberate.

I was given permission to take photos of my own horse. Which should be allowed. What else are you referring to? I'm confused. Forgive me for taking photos to document the neglect. Which it was-- the mare was fully vetted upon her return as I wanted to give Teresa the benefit of the doubt and see if there truly was something wrong with the mare to cause her to lose all that weight. There wasn't. Well, except not being provided adequate nutrition. I can provide vet records to substantiate this. Can you provide anything to prove otherwise? I doubt that.

I called AC on ONE occasion and not even to report but request the history once I learned that AC had already been called numerous times by the neighbors. Your claim is ridiculous. AC shouldn't even have my name, which is Shannon DeBuiser, by the way.

And I am clearly not spearheading or the ringleader of anything. I have no clue who multiple posters are on this thread, INCLUDING the original poster. I didn't ask them to post. I'm just the only one willing to put my neck on the line and use my name and direct experience. Anyone can post a vague story behind an alter. But specifics and real names are going to go a lot further. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to post publicly. I just don't really care about the backlash... which, oddly enough, is only coming from you. Don't see anyone else jumping in to support her, only add more negative experiences.

And "Wirt," weren't you her "farrier" during that time period?

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    A grey mare? I hope it is not Sophie!
    Sophie is TB

My horse is in her care. I trust her completely to take care of him 100%. And I trust her farrier, too.

Quote Originally Posted by EventKid View Post
    My horse is in her care. I trust her completely to take care of him 100%. And I trust her farrier, too.
    Was really hoping to keep you out of this, Katy I'm sure your dad took better care of his family's show horses' feet than broodmares owned by other people

vBulletin Message

The email address for EventKid is katygroesbeck@ucla.edu
    Last edited by ShannonD; Oct. 28, 2012 at 02:02 AM.

Default Ha! Lovely family

Ok well as soon as I get a chance to type more I'll be writing a long detailed response... Hiding behind screen names? Oh like you failed to do in a previous post Wirt? Where again Teresa was bashing someone publicly? My screen name is the same everywhere so you know who I am and I've kept quiet about all I've witnessed long enough. More to come...