The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horze boots (for humans)?

Anyone have experience with Horze.com's paddock boots/jodhpurs? Looking for boots to keep at the barn.. How do they fit? I have big feet (size 10 or 11) and fat ankles, one of which is fatter than the other (and also doesn't bend very much).
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

I was wondering the same thing. Their paddock boots look decent, and I could really use a new pair, but I don't want to have to return if they don't fit or they're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Belair View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Their paddock boots look decent, and I could really use a new pair, but I don't want to have to return if they don't fit or they're crap.
    It's free returns, you know. Not really realistic to expect a bunch of strangers on a bulletin board to guarantee fit!

On the other thread there were a few people who bought boots, I believe, and several who bought half chaps, and everyone was very content for what they got for the price.

yeah yeah I know, but a comparison between a new and other well known brands is always helpful for that.

I bought some during the 50% off sale. I think with the discount they came out to $44 with shipping? Anyways, they seem nice for $44 but I've only worn them 3 times (couldn't part with my ariats right away...despite all the holes in them). They aren't as nice as my grand prixs...the leather almost feels "thinner" but they do have a good sole on them. Can't say how well they hold up as it's been such a short amount of time. I love the punched toe though....they certainly seem to be worth the price I paid and probably even more.

I am considering buying some. I purchased some leather half chaps and so far love them.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

I got the bvertigo winter sheepskin ones they are super nice and lace up so fit everywhere perfectly - I have big calves so often I struggle with boot fit