The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

KurPlexed - In case you're still interested, here are pics of the Ariat show coat.
    http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/a...20show%20coat/
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." - The Little Prince

Wow! That's really nice. I think I may just have to bite the bullet. I hope it's long enough.

I went into Dover the other day and saw a coat by Grand Prix. It was the perfect material, had a zipper and buttons. So nice but again only up to a size 12. At least in the store.

ooh retrofit I adore that coat, Ive been eyeing it for a while..... I worry about it showing too much of my white breeches as i am less than svelte like.... do you think it would be terribly unflattering on a woman with larger thighs?!

I don't know, but I can tell you that the folks at VTO are really really helpful and their return policy is good too. The coat comes in 2 lengths. I am short so I bought the shorter length but if it's coverage you're after, you could go with the longer length.

Kur - I looked at that GP coat too and this material is just as nice. Also it is single-vented which is WAY more attractive in the saddle IMO. I would say that it is cut slightly more generously than the GP. I ended up in the same size but it is a little roomier, if that makes sense.
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." - The Little Prince

Thanks, I will ask VTO to measure the long length for me -I'm trying to hold off buying until their black Friday 20% off sale which I'm hoping they will still be having this year! Its exactly what I want save for Id maybe like it a little longer Im 5"9 and leggy so lots of white breech clad thigh will be on show lol

So ladies....... I found a coat!!! It's beautiful and it FITS. Arista Modern Dressage Jacket. It's made of the technical fabric that I've been looking for. Instead of buttons they are snaps. It's fitted in all the right places and has velvet pockets and collar. Single vented. The web site says the largest size is XXL and it won't be avail until spring but I took a chance and ordered anyway. The woman at Arista had it specially made for me. It took about 1 month to get it but it's well worth the wait.

So an XXL would equate to a street size 16 for anyone interested. The only thing I need to still check is actually sitting in a saddle to make sure the buttons dont gap. I don't think they will so I'm super happy about finding this coat!!