The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ebay buyers... anyone know Ultra-Fashion66 or UsedJumpingSaddles??

Bought a saddle on ebay... her site says shipment in 48hrs... Paid $150 for expedited shipping... saddle purchased 6/14, funds sent immediately via paypal. No word from her so i send 2 emails asking when saddle will ship... She replies on 6/19 saying she is just getting out of the hospital from a bad car wreck and will send the saddle tomorrow. I write back, "sorry about your accident, thank you for communicating, please send tracking info asap" Still nothing... Recieve email this am saying shes feeling much better might be able to send it TOMORROW. It has now been over a week. I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and not be a rude witch but I feel at this point its fair to ask for my $150 back for expedited shipping. Unless the entire thing is a scam, which is also beginning to creep into my mind. She has 1200+ sales with good feedback, and a facebook page with happy customers as well... We all have a run of bad luck once in a while, but this is starting to seem fishy. What do y'all think?
    www.millcreekfarm.net
    **RIP Kickstart aka Char 12/2/2009**

It does sound a bit strange, I don't know this person specifically but for some reason the name sounds familiar. (I buy too much on Ebay).

I think it is definnetly reasonable to ask for your $150 back and just pay the normal shipping rate, though I wouldn't do it until you have your saddle. Then, put in a Paypal claim stating that the shipping was not as described. (You can only put in one claim per listing).

Good luck and make sure you keep track of the time lines. At this point it is nothing to worry about but you only have about 40 days to submit a claim and wait to leave feedback until all has been worked out.

Regardless of the situation, I don't think it is unreasonable for you to ask for you expedited shipping fee back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

Ultra-Fashion66 has generally good feedback. There's one neg written in French where the buyer says she never got the item or a refund. One neutral in French when the wrong item was sent and a refund given. Out of 1,600+ feedback, that's not too terrible/unusual. UsedJumpingSaddles isn't a seller on eBay, do you have that name right?

Given the context, I tend to believe she did have an accident and is generally an honest seller. But, given the delay, I don't think you're out of line to request the expidited shipping cost back.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

used jumping saddles is the name of her business i guess... it has a fb page and the link to it is on her ebay store site... I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt... but a week has gone by and it hasn't even shipped yet and from what shes telling me i'll be lucky if it ships before next week. just frustrated.
    www.millcreekfarm.net

I'd ask for a refund for the expedited shipping. It sounds like she genuinely was in some sort of accident; I can't imagine she'd have such a large amount of positive feedback if her service was like this all the time.
    Trying a life outside of FEI tents and hotel rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Ultra-Fashion66 has generally good feedback.
    Maybe, but I've contacted them on several occasions over the years to kindly ask them to remove the pictures and descriptions they illegally copy from our ebay account to list their saddles.
    They always refused and I had to get ebay involved and force them to remove the listings... I have screenprints somewhere for the sceptics...

They ship from France and like to confuse customers about who they really are (I know some customers really thought they were buying from CWD); they seldom display serial numbers which is a huge red flag in the used saddles world.
    I don't think they list anything on ebay anymore (maybe because of this thread?) but they have a facebook account and they recently sold a 2G saddle for $3450 without listing the serial number... if I were the buyer I'd be a little worried considering all of the saddles that have been stolen lately, both side of the ocean...
    https://www.facebook.com/usedjumpingsaddles

There are many great sellers out there, this one I wouldn't recommend.

Contact Patricia of Fine Used Saddles, she always get great reviews (just like me hahaha ... ok, silly end-of-a-long-day joke)...

Amandine

Ya we've all been watching the 2G saddle.. they said they would ship it to me for free- I ran for my life. I recently got ripped off buying a CWD on ebay. It was a scam, no #'s- Should have been a tip off. I have bought hundreds of items on ebay. The guy who ripped me off just changed his name and got the same feedback he had before, less the one I had sent saying it was a scam. I called ebay, paypal, etc and told them the guy was selling it again, that it was a scam, etc. I would call paypal asap and tell them you've been scammed. The money had probably not been released to "seller" yet and you will get your money back in about 10 days. Seller has to show a receipt with your signature on it or they will not collect. Better get started.....

I would probably start by sending an email explaining that there are a lot of scams with used saddles, and you are a bit concerned that the saddle has not shipped as the listing said it would. Hopefully, the seller(if honest) will understand why you are concerned. Ask the expedited shipping to be refunded, and that if it does not ship within 24 hours, you will request a refund and report the incident to pay-pal/ebay/your credit card company. That should get a real response of "I will ship today". If not, I suggest you start reporting it.

I bought a saddle from her, auction said shipping from USA - it shipped from France. At the same time I was selling a saddle and mentioned to the lady that this person was taking a long time to ship and she told me she bought a saddle from her also paid and never got the saddle, that I should file with PayPal 4 my money back and escalate it asap - so I did. Ultra couldn't get back to me soon enough then and offered to buy me off so that I would not leave bad feedback. I did end up getting the saddle after another week and a half and lots of sweat. Its your choice but I would file 2 be safe then see what happens - good luck

Ugh...this sounds pretty suspicious to me. I agree with BigEqRls...I'd start playing hardball. Really, if I were in an accident or sick and had a saddle ready to ship out, I'd ask family member/friend/neighbor to get it out the door for me, to protect my reputation and please the customer. If she's well enough to email with you, she's well enough to ask for help.

I've bought saddles on eBay...I ALWAYS ask the seller for additional pictures, from certain angles that don't already appear on the listing and one including the serial number. A legit seller will run right out and get them for you because they really do want to sell this big ticket item! Someone who doesn't actually have the saddle in their possession won't be able to do this and will make excuses or try to put you on the defensive. Good sellers understand wariness when buying something expensive, they'll do what they have to to put your mind at ease.

If this is the saddle you bought it does have a photo with the serial number, so should be easy enough to confirm status with CWD (who would also be able to tell you what sort of panel is on the saddle).

If the car accident story is true that would also be reason enough to have no current listings on ebay.

I reverse my prior position. Go to Toolhaus and look at the hidden feedback. This seller looks like bad news. Initiate the process through eBay as soon as you can (it's only been a week so you may not be entitled to file a dispute yet).
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I'm the suspicious type and don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt, it sounds like a scam of some sort. And a car accident is BS, its just too coincidental.

Eek...this is why I am scared to buy off of ebay most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

Default Contact PayPal

PayPal will step in on this. I know, as I was on the seller's side once, a buyer filed a claim. Unless I (seller) could provide an ONLINE TRACKING NUMBER PayPal was going to debit my account, and refund the buyer in full.

Back story on that. Australian purchased a bicycle (even though listing said US only) and wanted the most economical shipping available. The cheapest shipping option was USPS. We shipped the bike through USPS and had receipts with the shipping date etc issued by USPS. But the cheapest shipping option does NOT provide ON LINE tracking. After one week, buyer files a claim with PayPal – shipping is taking too long. We rebut with our PROOF that the item has been shipped, but because it could not be tracked ONLINE, PayPal would refund all money. Per their terms, all items MUST have an online tracking number. I asked if I had sold a car on ebay, would it need an online tracking number and they said YES! Seriously, I had to close my PayPal account to stop them from refunding the money to a buyer for a product that was in transit. He wasn’t getting the bike and ALL of the money!
    APPSOLUTE CHOCKLATE - Photo by Kathy Colman

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    PayPal will step in on this. I know, as I was on the seller's side once, a buyer filed a claim. Unless I (seller) could provide an ONLINE TRACKING NUMBER PayPal was going to debit my account, and refund the buyer in full.

Back story on that. Australian purchased a bicycle (even though listing said US only) and wanted the most economical shipping available. The cheapest shipping option was USPS. We shipped the bike through USPS and had receipts with the shipping date etc issued by USPS. But the cheapest shipping option does NOT provide ON LINE tracking. After one week, buyer files a claim with PayPal – shipping is taking too long. We rebut with our PROOF that the item has been shipped, but because it could not be tracked ONLINE, PayPal would refund all money. Per their terms, all items MUST have an online tracking number. I asked if I had sold a car on ebay, would it need an online tracking number and they said YES! Seriously, I had to close my PayPal account to stop them from refunding the money to a buyer for a product that was in transit. He wasn’t getting the bike and ALL of the money!
    If your listing said US only, then why not just refuse to ship the item? I specifically listed my saddle only to the US (excluding Hawaii & Alaska)because I didn't want to deal with any international shipping hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I reverse my prior position. Go to Toolhaus and look at the hidden feedback. This seller looks like bad news. Initiate the process through eBay as soon as you can (it's only been a week so you may not be entitled to file a dispute yet).
    What's toolhaus???
    www.millcreekfarm.net

Quote Originally Posted by Serah View Post
    What's toolhaus???
    Google is your friend http://toolhaus.org/

You can search old or hidden feedback to get a better picture of eBay buyers and sellers.

One of those scary but useful things!

So this morning she sent me a message saying she shipped the saddle but she didn't provide me with a tracking number. I wrote her back immediately asking for a tracking number. No response yet of course.
    www.millcreekfarm.net