Stung By YellowJacket Wasp & Hummer-Feeders: HELP ~ What To Do W/ Sprayed Feeders??
Yes, This go in to Menages ... or Farm ... or something ~
But I need an answer RIGHT NOW. So I am very sorry if inappropriate.
About 3? weeks ago, I was taking down my 2 Hummingbird feeders to hose off. Although I'd carefully (I thought) checked, I'd knocked all the YJ waspers away - it was sunset-heading-to-twilight.
Anyways, a spook-wasp nailed me on a finger.
I sprayed the living StupidToe out of the feeders.
Getting back to the feeders today AND my question IS:
HOW do I remove the LD744(??) barn/livestock aerosol spray from the feeders to store for winter?
Dish-detergent? Bleach?? Or pitch in trash?
I can't easily afford to buy more in the Spring, unless these are ABSOLUTELY salvageable, in which case I will pitch, of course.
If you get Hummingbird feeders next year, buy an ant guard to attach above it. (It's a green tube that you hang above feeder, and attach feeder to the hook at bottom.) They're really cheap (like 3.00), but repel ants and Bees/wasps the whole season.