The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default New Bartville Catalog is out! With Coupon....

I have been waiting for the new catalog for months... it finally arrived and is great. Wanted to let everyone know they are running 10% of your order from Thanksgiving-Christmas (you must have the coupon, so call them and have one sent to you).

I cannot WAIT to order my new bridle and martingale... just trying to decide on the hook or buckles.

If you need a catalog and/or coupon, call Mon-Fri between 8:00-8:30am EST. The phone number is 717-529-6992.
    "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" - Winston Churchill

Check out Central Virginia Horse Rescue

Received mine! I have been waiting to order a new hunt bridle. Yay!!

I just got mine! Yay!!! I love the new format! I ordered some tack from them earlier this year and it is just about broken in now, and I am beyond impressed with the quality. Such nice people!

I needed new stirrup leathers so I ordered from Bartville. Everything else I've bought from them over the years- bridles, breastplates, halters and sandwich case has been terrific. The stirrup leathers were no exception- solid and sturdy.

I was a little nervous about them getting my mail. The envelope would have arrived either Saturday or Monday of last week- right before Sandy hit the east coast. Bartville marches on because the box from UPS was on my front porch yesterday afternoon.

And the new catalog is dead sexy. The pictures are better/more clear, there's an order form, and the holiday sale is a nice bonus! If you've been dragging your feet on getting a Bartville catalog, this year's the one to get it.

For the Bartville noobs out there, don't delay. The stuff is drop-dead gorgeous and the prices are excellent, but between mailing out your order/allowing time for your order to be processed and your check to clear/waiting for UPS to get your package to you, you should allow 2-3 weeks for the whole transaction to go through. If you want speed, then pay double for the same stuff at Bit of Britain.

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes, the new catalog is very nice.
    I'm finally getting off the fence and ordering a new bridle because the prices have gone up a bit, and the 10% coupon offers the last chance to get it at the old prices.

Quote Originally Posted by jn4jenny View Post
    And the new catalog is dead sexy. The pictures are better/more clear, there's an order form, and the holiday sale is a nice bonus! If you've been dragging your feet on getting a Bartville catalog, this year's the one to get it.

For the Bartville noobs out there, don't delay. The stuff is drop-dead gorgeous and the prices are excellent, but between mailing out your order/allowing time for your order to be processed and your check to clear/waiting for UPS to get your package to you, you should allow 2-3 weeks for the whole transaction to go through. If you want speed, then pay double for the same stuff at Bit of Britain.
    Wait! the Amish have a sexy catolog?

I purchased a sandwich case and riders belt from them.

I did the math wrong (not a surprise to those who know me).

When I received my items they sent a note along with change.

They didn't need to do that, I hadn't noticed I'd done the math wrong (see sentence above, in quotes.)

Good folks. I'm happy to give them my business again.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Made a trip up to Bartville last week and purchased a new bridle, reins, and a martingale. Beautiful quality leather and craftsmanship, great prices, and excellent customer service. They were above and beyond helpful. Two thumbs up!!

Ok even though I'm across the country, I must see these items!! Can someone give me an idea on their prices? I'm needing a dressage bridle, and a breastplate with running martingale attachment. Found one at Mary's, but no way in hell am I paying $300 for a martingale!!!

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    Ok even though I'm across the country, I must see these items!! Can someone give me an idea on their prices? I'm needing a dressage bridle, and a breastplate with running martingale attachment. Found one at Mary's, but no way in hell am I paying $300 for a martingale!!!
    Bridles: about $95-$136 for the headstall depending on what noseband and bridle size you want. Reins are sold separately and span a wider price range, everything from very basic leather reins at around $42 to unlabeled versions of the Nunn Finer Soft Grip and Eventa reins up around $75.

Breastplates: $87-$124, again depending on how much gee-whiz you want. Running attachments $24-$39 depending on size and whether you get the elastic version.

Count on between $15-$20 for shipping, although IME Bartville will send you back a few bucks in change if they were able to ship your order for less than that.

All 2013 prices, not accounting for the 10% off sale.

Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    Thank you so much!!
    TOTALLY worth the prices - I can upload a picture of the new bridle and martingale I got a few weeks ago. I just called yesterday to order a new hunt breastplate and running attachment - one is $87 and one with elastic is $95, the running attachment is $25
    "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" - Winston Churchill

Check out Central Virginia Horse Rescue

Bonsall, CA- with my horses finally home again!

I just sent them a nice hunt stick I bought on ebay to have them put a crop end on it. Ordered a thong, and sent them my sandwich case to have one of the straps repaired. They called me just yesterday to let me know they are going to try to get it all back to me by Christmas, which would be fantastic for Boxing Day hunt!

My catalog didn't come with a coupon though. Too bad.

I really want to try to get to the actual store one of these days when I'm back east in the Philly area visiting family. I never understood all the posts of people asking for tack stores to visit in whatever area they were traveling to. But now I get it!
    ~Living the life I imagined~

anyone planning to visit in person? i think i need an intermediary and i don't think i'm going to get to travel up myself, before the end of the sale. i have the catalogue and coupon!
    One thing you can give and still keep is your word.

How do you get the catalog?
    Grab mane and kick on!