The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Please tell me you were not at the Knights Inn...did you get your shots first? Hannah ride a great show jump round. Phillip did as well...you could tell that was a talented but difficult horse. Did you hear the focus on dressage type comments from the press conferences? I thought Daniel Clasing was amazing. This is the second year he's finished well. What did he look like on xc?
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    Please tell me you were not at the Knights Inn...did you get your shots first?
    Worse, the Motel 6! When we pulled up, there were three cop cars investigating an 'incident.'

We felt better when we saw a few other eventers there too...

I was far less concerned with what I was going to catch than with the building blowing up in the middle of the night because of a meth lab gone wrong.

Anyhoo, saw Daniel through the arena on xc. They looked great!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Comedy View Post
    Worse, the Motel 6! When we pulled up, there were three cop cars investigating an 'incident.'

We felt better when we saw a few other eventers there too...
    I stayed there once! Gross! My door didn't even lock. But I guess it would have been quieter than the HoJo's I stayed at in Newark. Bad idea on Homecoming weekend. Who parties at a Howard Johnson's is my question?

Overall though, it was a great event. It was my 11th year going. I can remember when there was long format! It was very safe and picture perfect weather for this weekend though. I had some car troubles, so was kind of worried about that all day on Saturday. Since there were so few three-star riders, I stayed over in the main field by the start and unfortunately didn't get to see how the other part of the course rode.

I thought Hannah and Connor were both very gracious winners in the press conferences.
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

I saw a heavily pregnant woman smoking crack in the parking lot there once...just to give everyone a nice scene picture of this hotel....

I saw a heavily pregnant woman smoking crack in the parking lot there once...just to give everyone a nice scene picture of this hotel....
    Not shocked.

At least Stella the dog got to stay for free without sneaking her in.

Quote Originally Posted by piaffeprincess98 View Post
    I stayed there once! Gross! My door didn't even lock. But I guess it would have been quieter than the HoJo's I stayed at in Newark. Bad idea on Homecoming weekend. Who parties at a Howard Johnson's is my question?

Overall though, it was a great event. It was my 11th year going. I can remember when there was long format! It was very safe and picture perfect weather for this weekend though. I had some car troubles, so was kind of worried about that all day on Saturday. Since there were so few three-star riders, I stayed over in the main field by the start and unfortunately didn't get to see how the other part of the course rode.

I thought Hannah and Connor were both very gracious winners in the press conferences.
    The HOJO was horrible. Our door looked like it had been kicked in. The locks were busted and there was graffiti on the wall/doors. The shower was not clean, so I bought bleach and cleaned it myself. It was gross. Good thing I brought my shower shoes.

Plus it was beyond loud. The base was rocking my walls at 1am and there was a very active couple slamming the walls and moaning. I bought ear plugs my second night.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

I was grooming for Lindsey Solorzano and Enchantez who got 7th in their first 3* as well as the Under 25 award and the First 3* award. Very proud groom/working student here!
    Kansas girl trying her hand at Area 8

My camera died I think right as she was in the ring for show jumping! So sorry I didn't have photos! Hope you had great fun grooming! If you survive Fair Hill you are quite experienced now!

Dan was great, wasn't he ? He was our neighbour in the barn, and I thought his XC looked super-strong and confident.

Please tell me you were not at the Knights Inn...did you get your shots first? Hannah ride a great show jump round. Phillip did as well...you could tell that was a talented but difficult horse. Did you hear the focus on dressage type comments from the press conferences? I thought Daniel Clasing was amazing. This is the second year he's finished well. What did he look like on xc?
    http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local...a4bcf887a.html

There was a murder at the Knights Inn on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by lily04 View Post

Goodness! Well. It looks like the Motel 6 was the right gamble this particular weekend.

Anywho, retread, I saw your post on the bareback thread. I'm hoping to get video up tonight. I was planning on it last night, but the video ended up being 52 minutes long! It's a video blog, so it includes an 'intro' and an occasional side scene, but most of that 52 minutes is riders on course. So tonight I'm breaking it up into Youtube chunks, I think.

And I think the reason that there hasn't been too much discussion on the riding, particularly, is because all of what I saw was pretty good and not much to comment on. When you see pair after pair negotiate the obstacles without really any issue, there isn't much to discuss later! In fact, yb and I ended up wandering over to the trade fair 2/3 of the way through the two star because we'd seen the entire course almost twice and the riders were all negotiating most of it remarkably (or perhaps UNremarkably, as the lack of discussion seems to show) well. Obviously issues occurred, but not where we were for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by lily04 View Post

Oh, goodness! Who knew the Motel 6 could actually be more appealing?!?

DC hit the nail on the head. Though, I am anxious to see the video blog!

I was thinking maybe next year, could we all find a suite or something at like MainStay on 273, or maybe a decent B&B in town, someplace that a few of us could stay and all fit...that is nicer and safer....if we split it up 4-5 ways it would be as much as a crummy hotel room and lots nicer. I wouldn't mind having a closer place to crash on Sat. night so I can go back on Sun and watch.

Ugh, these videos are taking longer to upload than I thought. Sorry guys, they'll be up tomorrow night. I have one more to edit small enough, then upload and we'll be good to go.