The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default FHI web page difficult to navigate

Quote Originally Posted by gottagrey View Post
    Is it me or does anyone else find the FH website difficult??
    yes, I'm afraid I agree. I'm late getting tickets as I wasn't certain if I could attend this weekend. I want to purchase a Contributor VIP Tent pass for XC and SJ (I remember seeing they had daily passes, but now I can't find it on the web page...) Apart from the comment that the General Admission tickets are available at the gate, no where else on the web page is there information about where I can pick the pass/ticket up. Also, VIP parking is separate from general parking, so don't know how I may park there if I need to go somewhere to get my pass/ticket upon arrival? Tried calling the contact number, but the office is closed. I'll probably just show up and figure it out. I'm going up to support a few friends who are riding, and to be there as a spare arm/hand. If anyone has any idea who/where/what I need to do, suggestions welcomed. I plan to leave around 6 am from Northern Virginia. May just drive straight to the stables and get more info when I get there? Also, no info on accepted methods of payment for tickets or VIP passes - cash only? debit or credit card accepted?
    Last edited by barnworkbeatshousework; Oct. 19, 2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added comment....
    “Always saddle your own horse. Always know what you’re doing. And go in the direction you are heading.” Connie Reeves
    Jump Start Solutions LLC

Another complaint -- website says xc times will be posted today but....
    Eventing Nation says start of xc for the two star delayed an hour to let the course dry (I am listening to a DELUGE on my roof an hour south right now)...

Any guesses as to what time the 3 star starts? Very disappointed at the quality of their website. This is 2012-- needs to be professional and it really isn't.
    The big man -- my lost prince

The little brother, now my main man

I just drove home from work...I live about 15 minutes from Fair Hill. Could see lightning not far away....more storms are on their way. It is going to be pretty soggy so I suspect there will be a delay even if not yet posted on their web site.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice though...
    ** Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. ~Winston Churchill? **

EN posted @ 10:15AM on their FB page that XC starts at 9:30 to allow course time to dry.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Dressage results are very interesting. Only two horses in the 3* averaged over 69%; about ten did in the 2*.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Xc start time 9:30 am. Footing is excellent. Please do not make a judgment on footing if you are not there or have not walked inside the ropes. It has been deeply aerovated on all gallop tracks. No where near '09 conditions. Parking however is another story! I will be in warmup by 8 or nearby running around doing stuff. I will have coffee. That is all I will promise!
    He keeps throwing me back. http://horsejunkiesunited.com/?p=63881

Retread, how will I recognise you ? I will be (as usual) short and dark with my Bad Pony hat on.

I will be in warmup with 2 radios, a phone, a clipboard and coffee iv. drip....getting up at 4:30am...

anyone? 3 star start time?

Just posted ride times. 2 star at 9:30 as posted here, and 3 star at 1:10

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    Xc start time 9:30 am. Footing is excellent. Please do not make a judgment on footing if you are not there or have not walked inside the ropes. It has been deeply aerovated on all gallop tracks. No where near '09 conditions. Parking however is another story! I will be in warmup by 8 or nearby running around doing stuff. I will have coffee. That is all I will promise!
    There is no doubt it will be muddy for those of us walking around and parking....that was the MUD/soggy I was talking about. Wear the right shoes...especially for people not used to coming here. I was NOT talking about the footing for those riding...I would assume they are walking the course and know their footing. I never said it would be 09 conditions (thank god) but it is wet and raining on and off now.

If they can delay a bit would be a good call as the footing will dry quickly with the nice day that is predicted for tomorrow (and it will give time for the fog to lift that we may have in the am).
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM.
    ** Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. ~Winston Churchill? **

I'm just going to be blunt and say what we already know... the dressage scores are not competitive enough for the world stage. While HSB rode a pleasant test... HP (to me) looked choppy in his trot work and unsteady in the bridle.

For comparison, MJ scored a 32 at Boekelo. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that HSB wouldn't have gotten 43 there... While I couldn't find video of Clark's test on Loughan Glen (our top American after dressage - 25th), I heard it was on par, maybe a little more tense, than what he produces stateside and he got a 46.2 at Boekelo.

I'm excited for XC tomorrow!!! As it's hardly a dressage competition, everyone still has to run and jump.
    You know you're a horse person when your mother, who has no grandchildren, gets cards addressed to Grandma, signed by the horses, cats, and dogs.

Holy moses, I'm not usually a fan of Lainey, but of all the dressage photos on EN of the 2* and 3* hers is one of the only, if not the only, photo where the horse isn't wearing a flash or figure-8 or some sort of variation on that theme (except the horses in doubles). And some of them look strapped tight. Good for her.
    Fear is the rocket sauce.
    Jack Black

Did anyone see Sara K's test with Flagmount Sterling Prince. After her old upper level horse struggled so much in the dressage, I'm surprised her owner bought her a made UL horse that also does poorly.

Question live stream?

Isthere one anywhere?
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post
    Isthere one anywhere?
    I don't think so, but there is play-by-play live updates here:

http://eventingnation.com/home/fair-...e-updates.html

Looks like Jessica Phoenix had a fall but is okay, Jan Byyny and Ashley MacVaugh have both retired on course.
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Then always be Batman.

The Grove at Five Points

I see lots of time penalities, even on clear jumping rounds, is the course running really soft and slow?

Hey everyone...course reports! What did you see?
    Of course I saw everyone...but not one single horse on course....as usual! But we had a great day in W.U.

Both Doug Payne and Phillip Dutton had on helmet cams today!

I was a bit surprised by the 3*

Lots of issues for horse/rider combos that I thought were pretty confirmed at the advanced level (which, I know, doesnt make them confirmed at the 3* level, but lots of questions on course I've seen throughout the season at Advanced...) And compared to the last three years, I felt this 3* was a bit softer.

For instance, the double farmhouse corners are pretty standard on the FHI course. I've seen them a few years, usually in the same location...and yet, they still caused a significant amount of problems. (Not saying I could do any better, but I was just surprised)

The sunken road caught a few out, and yet the coffin complex rode pretty well...

HSB had the ride of her life and came out of the start box breathing fire. I watcher her go FORWARD for a distance she easily saw 7-8 strides out. It was awesome.

Another favorite ride was Jennie's -- she was only one of two (!) riders to NOT take the flag down at 20a/b (The keyhole to corner combo)

Overall, it was a beautiful day! The courses were beautiful, everything ran smoothly, and there were no major falls