The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    I love how some look like they're headed off to the club after the jog.

And Will needs to be an eye glasses model
    Will reminded me of Willy Wonka in that purple getup!

I love the picture of Selena O'Hanlon and A First Romance. She is dressed neatly and workmanlike - and they both are trotting out nicely!

#14 on that gallery comes up as Jan Byyny in a rather nice orange sweater. Has the red bra picture gone missing? Because I have a hunch...

Quote Originally Posted by TotB View Post
    #14 on that gallery comes up as Jan Byyny in a rather nice orange sweater. Has the red bra picture gone missing? Because I have a hunch...
    Thought it was just me. . . and was thinking, am I that clueless, blind or whatever. . .

I thought I was going crazy too...

Was looking at Fairhill's Blog later and, wouldn't you know, there was a picture of the infamous black dress and get up.

http://fairhillinternational.blogspot.com/

Scroll down through Shannon photo's...it's MLM and RF Azarah. Silly to keep everyone guessing who it is! I don't think she minds the attention.
    Kelly Soldavin Harvest Moon Farm
    www.harvestmoonfarmpa.com

Re: "the outfit".......

She has model looks, is an expert rider...this outfit to me says, "I'm sexy and I know it!"
    If you got it, flaunt it, baby!

Can we talk about the COURSE yet?
    Clayton Fredericks has....he quotes that it is beautifully presented and to a high international standard....I am just glowing from that praise and I sure hope all the other people who worked on fences did too! It is a labor of love!
    I went out tonight and put out the last of my loose corn for the deer to keep them off the harvest fence over night. I hope they stay away Friday night too!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSEventer View Post
    Re: "the outfit".......

She has model looks, is an expert rider...this outfit to me says, "I'm sexy and I know it!"
    If you got it, flaunt it, baby!
    It's not the outfit, which I don't really have a problem with.

It's the fact that you can see her red bra through it. I don't think it was intentional, but it's not great....

On a different but still related note, has RF Demeter had any outings in Europe since Rolex? Or is this her first run back?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyS View Post
    I thought I was going crazy too...

Was looking at Fairhill's Blog later and, wouldn't you know, there was a picture of the infamous black dress and get up.

http://fairhillinternational.blogspot.com/

Scroll down through Shannon photo's...it's MLM and RF Azarah. Silly to keep everyone guessing who it is! I don't think she minds the attention.
    Tacky but not terrible, and I like the dress, anyway

Was also happy to see Katie Murphy and Esscord RGS, who are doing the 4 YO YEH Championships. "Garth" was in the stall next to my mare's for a few weeks when he was a great gangly coming 3 YO and he is a neat horse. (My mare was not so impressed...) He's been doing *very* well in competition this year so I keep an eye out for him.

ETA: after dressage, they were in the lead!
    Last edited by quietann; Oct. 19, 2012 at 09:15 AM.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by 1998 Morgan mare Mythic Feronia; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Is it just me (wouldn't be the first time), or is MLM suddenly just ML? I don't really care except that I don't think I would get used to saying ML when we're all talking in code.

Is there anyone streaming XC day?
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Buildingthegrove.blogspot
    The Grove at Five Points

I'm with DC...the dress is not bad. I actually like it and think it is a HUGE improvement from the sack she wore at Rolex, I think.

But, the red bra...I know I probably would have thought "Black dress...no one will no what's under it." And I'm sure trying it on, or dressing, or wearing it out ANYWHERE other than in full daylight outside, you probably couldn't tell. (YB makes a note to herself to check her undies under jog outfits in a variety of outdoor lighting....).

And, yes, she is ML again......

retread, the course is ALWAYS beautiful. You all should be proud every year...don't need no stinkin' Aussie from England to tell you all that! It is always a fabulous course, both to look at and watch ride (and hopefully, eventually, ride). I am giddy with anticipation. I want to go to bed now so I can wake up for to be cross country day!

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    Is it just me (wouldn't be the first time), or is MLM suddenly just ML? I don't really care except that I don't think I would get used to saying ML when we're all talking in code.
    Except that I can NEVER remember whether her first name is Marilyn or Meredith! I'll just start calling her ML I guess, although I will never remember and will probably still say MLM 90% of the time.

Lots and lots of errors apparently. I wonder if they are giving errors for inaccurate transitions? I know I watched the video of Abbie Golden's test, who received two errors, and I didn't notice any errors. They definitely didn't ring the bell.

On the other hand, I haven't ridden that test since June, so my memory of it is a bit rusty. Also, I stopped the video before her final halt, so maybe she halted at the wrong letter. But seriously, what's with all of the errors?

Quote Originally Posted by quietann View Post
    Was also happy to see Katie Murphy and Esscord RGS, who are doing the 4 YO YEH Championships. "Garth" was in the stall next to my mare's for a few weeks when he was a great gangly coming 3 YO and he is a neat horse. (My mare was not so impressed...) He's been doing *very* well in competition this year so I keep an eye out for him.

ETA: after dressage, they were in the lead!
    Woohoo, Area 1 represent! Katie is so kind and such a nice rider and her horse is breathtaking. Very exciting to see them doing so well.
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

Anyone know if Susan Beebee's dressage is taped somewhere - YouTube, perhaps? I'd love to see it! Wolfie is stunning and Susan's my coach...
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Anyone know who the judge at E is?

Did anyone see that Jennie Brannigan got the EXACT same score from both of the CCI** judges on Indie?

Wow, that doesn't happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Comedy View Post
    Except that I can NEVER remember whether her first name is Marilyn or Meredith! I'll just start calling her ML I guess, although I will never remember and will probably still say MLM 90% of the time.
    She is (or I guess apparently was) married to Ben Meredith - so it was MLM for Marilyn Little Meredith

BTW Jenni Autry is doing a very nice job of reporting on the dressage over at EN. When you're not there it's so nice to have some close to real time commentary as to how the tests are going.

Is it me or does anyone else find the FH website difficult??