The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default hypothetically....

This is just an exercise since I can't help desiring another foal..but if I chose to breed my Royal Appearance/Final Pool mare, who would I pick for Dressage? She is 17.00 hh, so smaller might bebetter, but she has large genes in her. She is very, very sweet and polite, and I'd like an excellent brain with enough go and whoa - She is 1/2 TB, 1/2 Holsteiner.

Final Pool was a TB with good sporthorse bloodlines and had lovely hunter movement and did the WC qualifiers in SJ with his amateur rider.

Which stallion would produce a gorgeous mover, a perfect mind. Frozen is ok.
    Prefer proven record. Where are people going with their 1/2 TBs for dressage? I'm not a dreamer - this would be my fourth in line.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

I think if I were you, I would call Hilltop Farm and see what they think. They have Royal Appearance's sire, and I believe may have also stood Royal Appearance himself for a time. Bear in mind they will no doubt suggest a stallion in their own barn, who may or may not be the absolute best cross for your mare, but they have a pretty good selection there and I am sure one of those stallions would tick most (or all) of your boxes.

Actually, that is a brilliant idea. I dealt with them for RA. I could also call Susanne Hassler as she is in the scene and knows the horses....is there a light bulb icon?
    I have to say it appears that RA, Riverman's look alike son, throws lovely horses in mind and looks....mine has presence to spare.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique