The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Auction for Eddo 5 night stay in Whistler, BC ski resort!

It's official! Another great travel package to benefit Eddo Hoekstra!

Westwind Properties has donated a 5 night stay in a luxury one bedroom condo in Whistler, the number one ski resort area in North America. Located in British Columbia, Canada, in the area where the 2010 Winter Olympics was held.

Westwind Properties specializes in luxury ski in/ski out accommodation. All units are self contained and fully furnished. Enjoy amenities such as year round heated swimming pools, saunas, fitness centres and more. Each property is unique. They have a condo or townhome to suit every traveler... from families to business travelers to couples seeking a romantic holiday.

This package is valid from November 1, 2012 until March 31, 2014 - so you've got over a year to use it!

More info about the condos at http://www.westwindproperties.ca/

Thank you, Westwind Properties!

Bidding can be made on this tread of privately via PM to me. Bidding closes at midnight on All Hallow's Eve (Halloween night at midnight October 31, 2012).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westwind.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	36948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whistler.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	36949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	36950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski2.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	36951  
    Last edited by Sonesta; Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Bumping because editing the original post did not move it up.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I don't know how I feel....I just saw this and live just outside of Peterborough and I had heard nothing of Eddo's stroke. How terrible. He taught me when he was first starting out and I learned more from him in the brief time I spent with him than in all the years of other trainers combined. I hope he is doing well.

Eddo had a paralyzing stroke in June just a few weeks after his first child was born. He is paralyzed on his left side - no use of left arm or leg. His speech is not affected much, so he can talk on the phone. Can't really use the computer much because he is limited with only one hand.

He is in heavy rehab and working hard. He can now stand up with assistance, but will have to learn to walk again and with so little use of the left leg, that will be a long painful process.

All the fundraising is to help him get an all-terrain motorized wheelchair so he can get around on his farm and begin teaching riding lessons to his students again.

PM me if you'd like his phone number. I'm sure he'd love to talk with you. He's a great guy and being grounded is very hard on someone as active as he was.

bump

Can you please post the current bid?

As of this moment, I do not have a bid on this fabulous deal, but I can tell you that a couple of the boarders at my barn are planning to bid on it at the party/fundraiser this coming Saturday.

So I will start at the ridiculous bid of $200 :-))

Thanks, blackpearl, but you do know that you will be resoundingly outbid on this one?!

Just bumping up as I can't be at the party :-)

So where would I go to bid on this?

Smile

I would love to see a list of where the current bids are for all the items. Might get the bidding going a bit quicker (and higher)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    So where would I go to bid on this?
    You can just post your bid here on the thread or if you wish to remain anonymous, you can PM me your bid here on COTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
    I would love to see a list of where the current bids are for all the items. Might get the bidding going a bit quicker (and higher)
    Your wish is my command! See thread at http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...89#post6622089

High bid is $200

I'll double that $200 and bid $400.

I've got you down for $400. Please PM me your name and contact information so that I can phone you around 3:30 on Saturday if you have been outbid to give you a chance to rebid or so I can reach you if you won.

Bump. Remember that THIS auction ends at 4 pm tomorrow at our fundraiser. Get your bids in now.

Edited to say that this is WRONG: I had posted this to end at midnight on Halloween evening. So, that is when it will end.
    Last edited by Sonesta; Oct. 27, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

High bid at fundraiser so far is $500

I'll go $600.