The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sweet beginner mare - Seattle, WA

This is posted for a friend of mine, PM me for more information:

I have a super sweet 15.3 hand 18-19 year old Appy mare who needs a home. She can be ridden by almost anyone. Currently being ridden by an intermediate 11 year old and two 4 and 14 year old raw beginners. Kids as young as 2 have ridden her and she did awesome. We have used her as a lesson horse and for drill team, gaming, poker rides, cattle sorting, and trail riding to name a few. She rides English, western, bareback and double. She is a very loving horse that bonds very strongly with her people. She LOVES kids and takes care of them as if they were her own. She's also husband safe. Rosie is truly a been there done that type of horse and is completely unflappable. She can sit for a year and you can saddle her up and go like she'd been ridden all year. Same horse and same ride every time. Up to date on vaccines, worming, shoes, etc. No kick, bite, buck, rear. Let me know if you have any questions or would like pictures or videos.

Rosie does have arthritis starting in her knees and should only be used for light riding. She has been on a joint supplement that seems to help her a great deal that is fairly inexpensive. Only about $25 every two months. She will come with her winter blanket, halter, lead rope and a tub of joint supplements to get you started. She makes the perfect babysitter. I also have her saddle I can sell with her if you would like. If I had property I would keep her forever. We are looking for the perfect forever home for Rosie. She has been through the auction 6 times, and I cannot abide by that happening to her again. The financial strain on our family for keeping her is too great - and she deserves to teach someone else how to love horses.
    Last edited by costco_muffins; Oct. 17, 2012 at 07:02 PM.