The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Paying someone to haul to a show

So I want to take my mare to a small local show here at the end of the month, but I do not have my own trailer. What should I ask the person and what do they need to have, insurance wise, etc.

I guess another thing that I just thought of is would I have to pay a haul in and stall fee? I will be e-mailing the show to ask this too.

What kind of insurance they have is generally not your concern, since their insurance protects them, not you. You need to have your own insurance on your horse, particularly liability insurance.

Basically, anyone you can get to trailer your horse, is doing you a favour. Be good to them -- be ready to go on time, have your horse trained properly to load.

You will have to ask the show the specific questions dealing with a stall.
    Jigga:
    Why must you chastise my brilliant idea with facts and logic? **picks up toys (and wine) and goes home**

Quote Originally Posted by saultgirl View Post
    What kind of insurance they have is generally not your concern, since their insurance protects them, not you. You need to have your own insurance on your horse, particularly liability insurance.

Basically, anyone you can get to trailer your horse, is doing you a favour. Be good to them -- be ready to go on time, have your horse trained properly to load.

You will have to ask the show the specific questions dealing with a stall.
    And clean the trailer really well when they return. Even if they charged for gas. It's a way of being appreciative of them doing the favor.