The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    You may ought to consider taking that to the Moderators, as if he is stalking you, they will want to know.
    Then, your post there is not that nice, if not right down insulting.
    That last paragraph is even so below the belt and even accusatory in a way you better think again if that is the kind of personal attack you really want to post.

When some attack me, I can ignore it.
    When some go overboard dumping on others, no matter who they are, well, that just doesn't seem right, especially when there is many against one.
    Very poor sport that.
    Here is the deal. If I were the only person that had problems with Leo then it could very well be my personality that was causing the conflict. But when multiple women, over multiple forums, have had the same problem with him, then maybe it is actually Leo that has the problem.

Personally, I think it is stalking when someone such as Leo is publicly posting comments about how "idiotic" I am and beneath his notice my opinions are, while at the same time Leo is sending me friend requests on Facebook. I think it is more than a little scary that he took the time to learn my last name, and look for me on other social media sites...considering he professed opinion of me. But that is how he rolls, since many of us have been sharing Leo stories. Despite the vastly different lives we lead, we all have remarkedly similar stories when it comes to Leo. Why would he care enough about what I post to read a thread about moving barns? I am an idiot, so why waste his time reading anything I post? Stalkers tend to follow their victims by doing username searches, though. So I can only conclude that he is stalking me if he keeps that close an eye on what I have to say.

Now,regarding the OT. Only time will tell. There has been enough of collective head scratch that the EU will have to issue some press release clarifying one way or another. As a pro-slaughter person, I don't believe that Utopia will be the end result if Canada and Mexico stop taking horses for human consumption from the U.S. But it might be a reality check, which is always a good thing.
    Sheilah

A feeder horse is a "loose" horse that has been run through a sale. It comes with no providence. The truckers pick them up and the size of the truck/trrailer determines the number of horses loaded.

They are delivered to the Canadian border Mon-Fri 8-4 where they are inspected by a vet. He makes sure the numbers jive and also inspects (while they are still loaded) for a horse down, injury and illness. If he SUSPECTS they must unload. He can (or she) reject a load FOR ANY REASON.

If the load is rejected it goes around the pike and re-enters into the U.S. and the reason is noted by American customs

If it is accepted a seal is put on the doors and that seal can ONLY be broken at the detination slaughter plant. Those horses go immediately into the feed lot and are fed and watered. They MUST be slaughtered within 96 Hours

Other horses go through sales with documented and signed information by the owner. They must have the same shots coggins etc that any show horse or breeding stock imported into Canada my have.

To say these horses have all had bute is usually wrong. They might even be a whole herd from a bankruptcy etc. These horses come up in trucks and are inspected by the vet at the border. The papers and documents MUST match or that horse is refused.

Those horses go to the plant and are examined and then turned out. They have hay and free access to water. during the spring many are mares who will foal out. They are NOT separated nor killed. These horses, if there is a concern, will be held back (by the plant in Alberta) for six months and then moved into the chain. They also have feed lots in Montana etc and horses may be fed there and only moved to Canada when the 6 months is up.

Those are the prime horses for the European market.

Other markets, especially for Mexico are the Russian market however they purchase the cheapest cuts. The Asian market is gaining steam due to the high cholesterol in beef and they have increased by high percentages over the past couple of years

You are correct about the mosquitoes and flies. As with most ranch horses in Alberta, they are usually NOT sprayed if they are in a field. They have the large round bales they eat from during the winter..however the feedlot horses do have proper windbreaks surrounding all of the corrals. Those horss are grained hayed and watered.

The EID is checked at the border and a horse will be denied if it does not match. AND that does happen. It may be reshipped in a "feeder" truck load but the price for the horse is usually quite a bit less

Hope this helps

Sheila. I have not sent a friend request in almost a year as I am at the max of 5000. YOUR group ala Carol are the ONLY ones who have complained and I would like to add that two moderators found NO evidence.

There you go again...twisting and turning like a kite tail. The forum thread was on FINDING A NEW STABLE. I had friends looking for a new place in Spokane. I checked it out and you posted.

This is an example of your ongoing slander. I dealt with it with one person and I have no problems having to deal with it again.

IU do not care who you are...what you do or anything about you however there have been numerous posters on THIS FORUM who have taken you to task as everytime I post...you appear out of no where and start with your harrassment

I will let the ladies of this forum see if they want to follow your story...or just understand you are a rather vicious attacker yourself against me.

I try and reach out and only a person such as yourself still rejects any nice comment and makes it into something vile. Kinda like the lady who posts here and said she was going to get rid of all of her horses because she could not afford to feed them. I sent her a pm and offered to help financially to her feed company if it would buy her some time. She thanked me and then stated she was caught up in the forum and all is well..

A couple of months later...when you went on your attack against me..she jumped in..and left the part out in her story where she had stated she was going to be forced to sell her old family members.. I reminded her I had the pm on that forum..and that was the end of it.

I no longer offer to help.

but then many on this forum have asked me why I have not complained about you and a couple of others.

So lets change it around. I believe YOU are stalking me. You and or/your group were able to go onto my PUBLIC website and also post on numerous forums my name, address and phone number . Heck I don't complain...it is a PUBLIC website as is a PUBLIC forum.

Now if I was on a weird forum not horse related that you frequented you would have some concerns.I only post on Saddlebred, Arabian and Coth forums. Oh..also Afghan Hound forums.

You seem to do this to every forum I am on. Then you will accuse me of trying to change the forum into something all about me.

Why don't you let it drop...do what it is you do...and partake with some information rather than just call me a liar and refute everything I say--just ignore me

This just in:

http://www.examiner.com/article/us-h...-killing-floor

On Friday an "incorrectly labelled" shipment arrived in France causing the temporary shutdown of US horses accepted for import into the European Union (EU).

The lack of complete information given to US kill buyers and auction houses led to them to believe that the shutdown was due to the new regulations pending on US horse meat. The regulations will require a "passport" system that certifies animals as drug free and in the care of the seller for at least six months. Those regulations will become enforced sometime between now and July of 2013.

Auction yards and trucks have resumed "business as usual."
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post
    Thank you

He's not stalking--he's just being an aggressive loudmouth pushy bully. He thinks you're going to break down in tears. Not worth arguing with him as he has no influence on what happens in the US of A. I'd just put him on ignore.

The EU lifted the ban this morning. We spoke to three different people at the EU and got three different answers as to why the sudden ban in the first place. They are as bad as trying to get info out of our government so we still don’t know the real reason. We also spoke to Bouvry and they confirmed that they can begin shipping again. Info from Mexico is sketchy as always but two KBs told us the plants can also start shipping to the EU again.

What was interesting is that a few of the KBs said they thought the plants did it to teach us a lesson. When there are recalls, it is Canada that gets the hit, not the US. I can’t believe they’d lose an entire day’s profits to teach us a lesson.

Whatever the reason, the trucks are rolling again.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by vickitobin View Post
    According to the EU they'll be issuing a statement on Monday. BTW-Canada knows about this. We are working with groups in Canada and they secured the info from their source at the CFIA that it was an EU directive. The CFIA is never quick to provide info - just like our USDA. They play dumb until they can't any longer. PR newswire Canada also picked it up. Perhaps you could contact that weasel desBarres and get a statement from him. He's gone dark. Or better yet, contact the queen of slaughter, Sue Wallis or her sidekick, Dave Duquette. I'm sure they would welcome another supporter.

You sound like Duquette. After we issued the press release he said it was one auction and "no big deal". Of course, no one challenged him. And since then, he's done a 180.

Rumor? There is confirmation across the country from auctions and KBs. Richelieu, one of the plants, confirmed it to us. The EU is refusing shipments from Canada. If it's all rumor, someone should be commended for such an elaborate hoax. I wonder how they got the KBs to stop hauling and auctions to shut down. That must have been a huge price tag....

On Friday an "incorrectly labelled" shipment arrived in France causing the temporary shutdown of US horses accepted for import into the European Union (EU).

The lack of complete information given to US kill buyers and auction houses led to them to believe that the shutdown was due to the new regulations pending on US horse meat. The regulations will require a "passport" system that certifies animals as drug free and in the care of the seller for at least six months. Those regulations will become enforced sometime between now and July of 2013.

Auction yards and trucks have resumed "business as usual."

How many crow would you like with your humble pie.

EU was going to issue a press release? Didn't happen

CFIA CONFIRMED...unlisted sources....? Didn't happen

You are WORKING WITH GROUPS WHO GOT CFIA CONFIRMATION............................never happened

And WHERE would that confirmation be?

WOW....and you accuse me....WOW....

A story from ONE truck driver stopped a WHOLE industry..

WOW......turns out that plant in Quebec WAS taking shipments

Brian Moore turned back...now people are saying he didn't try..

The EU lifted the ban this morning. We spoke to three different people at the EU and got three different answers as to why the sudden ban in the first place. They are as bad as trying to get info out of our government so we still don’t know the real reason. We also spoke to Bouvry and they confirmed that they can begin shipping again. Info from Mexico is sketchy as always but two KBs told us the plants can also start shipping to the EU again.

What was interesting is that a few of the KBs said they thought the plants did it to teach us a lesson. When there are recalls, it is Canada that gets the hit, not the US. I can’t believe they’d lose an entire day’s profits to teach us a lesson.

Please tell me which country and what language the person spoke from the EU that you claim to have spoken with?

I have helped friends outbid the killer buyers several times, participated in two official rescues, and rehabed horses from starvation yet I am still in favor of slaughter houses remaining open until a better solution is found.

I have attended dozens of auctions and I've watched tons of horses being bought by the killer buyers. I think that there are plenty of those horses that would be useful members of society, some that are old, some that are the product of over breeding or bad breeding, some sound or lame, some that are near death, some that are deadly.

I do not personally believe that the type of people that will starve or not starve a horse and drop it off at an auction horse to a certain fate will ever attend to their horses in their own backyards if they do not have that outlet. Enforcing backyard by backyard and assuming people will turn to humane euthanasia is faulty. I think assuming that the rest of the horse world is just like the people on COTH is a dangerous mistake.

When I spoke with border agents, HH Smith and other sources I was a liar. There was PROOF that the U.S. horses were no longer going to be used...
    There was proof the border was closed

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    I think those pics are in fact from last night? The sale started about 2.5 hours ago, waiting to hear from anyone there what it looks like compared to an avg. Monday.
    Yes, the pictures were from last night. Had everything not come to a halt on Friday, the pens would have been full for the sale. Normally, they are packed on Sunday night but not knowing how long the ban would be in effect, they weren't taking horses.

I am going to explain why the comments by Vickitobin could not be correct

The EU is comprised, as we know, of many different countries, languages and cultures.

Many of the countries are easily offended and language or actions can be misinterpreted.

Therefore..as the EU developed, one of the major hurdles was the development of protocols.

ALL the countries follow THE protocol for what ever area of concern someone will have..

NO ONE...and I do mean NO ONE EVER makes an exception. To do so would collapse the whole system

This is truly frustrating for businessmen coming from North America where they can "just get things done"

The paperwork under the EU is almost unbearable but it must be done.

There are different countries that head up different agencies.

Belgium is the country that handles food and health concerns.

When they answer the phone it is first Bonjour and immediately How can I help you in English. If you do not respond to either one they switch to German

The first question IF your call is transferred to a person (it would never ever go to three for three different answers)...WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU REPRESENT? They then ask for a FAX with that Letterhead and the authority for you to contact them.

If you are from the press, you do the same (they give you the number) and they tell you there will be a response within 24-48 hours

If you are "just a person" they tell you to submit your question/s to another number and they advise you that it may take up to 7 WORKING DAYS (and one must account that depending on the country and nature of your question..if it goes to Italy..the government offices are only avaible for 3 hours per day.

For ANYONE in North America to state they were in contact and given three different answers is impossible.

CFIA I would also like to add..never comments on rumors over the phone. Due to the potential of a misunderstanding or misquote, until they have thoroughly checked it out they will simply say, they are currently investigating.

The issue ot the stoppage was issued in Mexico on Friday AND it was issued by a French veterinarian and NOT the EU nor a government agency. There was absolutely NO mention of Canada.

A person who ships to Mexico was advised there was a directive from FRANCE..not the EU..and he immediately phoned several people in the U.S. Sue Wallis was notified at that time.

They suspected it would only be temporary due to WHO made the temporary closure and also Sue knew if it was a truly serious matter the Protocols in place would have to be complied with.

The key was to wait until today. The EU has made NO comment as this was a matter of ONE MEMBER...France and one Vet. To create a press release it would have to be ratified by the members representing their country (2/3rd's majority) --they do NOT have to meet in person before a press edict would be issued.

The Canadian Government hence CFIA had absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE of this as they received NOTHING. They did have contact with the USDA and other U.S. agencies while they tried to sort out THIS RUMOUR.

This is why all of the RARA's were in a cluster mode and they kept quoting each other and sending that information out..PR even printed it...but they were wrong.

Was it a hoax...Nope..guess it wasn't. Was it a conspiracy?... Nope..however did you notice how fast the RARA's went into the lets get money out of suckers mode and how quickly posters here on COTH condemned their USDA...our CFIA..and the industry.

What we do know is the majority of the RARA's took advantage of it...claimed they were in the know...and that slaughter was a DEAD issue.

So I would suggest THEY conspired to take advantaqe of a situation they knew nothing about and try and make money from it.

Thanks for the info, Vicki.

As for me, I'll go back to what I've been doing. Helping place unwanted horses, supporting Joe of TBFriends, donating to a low cost euthanasia clinic and working to ban horse slaughter.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Thanks for the info, Vicki.

As for me, I'll go back to what I've been doing. Helping place unwanted horses, supporting Joe of TBFriends, donating to a low cost euthanasia clinic and working to ban horse slaughter.
    Fine, but some day you may wake up and see that all those efforts following animal rights extremist agendas would serve horses much, much better if, for those that can see past those agendas, by helping make slaughter the best it can be, not by working to ban it.

A ban is but one more nail in the coffin of our rights to use our animals, any way we do use them.
    That includes, yes, to use some horses one last time thru slaughter, rather than wantonly killing them and add their toxic carcass to our waste pile in some landfill.

Quote Originally Posted by betonbill View Post
    Yes, I realize that this is an anti-slaughter site, but the photos from New Holland today (which reflects the pulse of the industry, IMO) are interesting.

http://www.equinewelfarealliance.org...toppage_3.html
    Oh look! They have Saddlebred stencils on their walls.

The silence is deafening and Jenm actually thanks Vicki for misinformation?

That is more telling than anything i have read from Jenm.

Anyway...now we know the rest of the story.....and as usual...those who have made their incorrect assumptions and have believed the RARA propaganda machine will go VERY silent...None will admit they were wrong

But they will surface with the same attitude, having learned nothing...for the next Coth Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    It would be 'funny', but it would also be hard to believe since the articles I've read included interviews with people who would know, Leroy Baker and Brian Moore and an unnamed Midwestern dealer/KB [C. Carter?].

Furthermore, the rescue side of Moores business is stumping to 'get these horses saved while we can, at full price still... cause he's not dickering' [paraphrase]... citing that these horses were turned back.

So unless these dealers [and their rescue partners] are in on the rouse too [begging the question 'why'], or were not interviewed after all and in fact those responses attributed to them are fiction... I think the rouse idea is unlikely... even if this took our 'in the know' Leo/Fairfax by surprise.
    Just wondering Angela...do you think now that perhaps the transporter/brokers were trying to take advantage by saying the horses were stuck on trailers and in the piplines and 4HC (or what ever it is) stated they were not dropping their prices so we better start saving those horses now was ethical?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Just wondering Angela...do you think now that perhaps the transporter/brokers were trying to take advantage by saying the horses were stuck on trailers and in the piplines and 4HC (or what ever it is) stated they were not dropping their prices so we better start saving those horses now was ethical?
    Darlin' you have no idea... I have NEVER thought they were ethical, years before this incident or any time in between.

That they were taking advantage was obvious. It's what they do.
    It was what they were taking advantage of that was in question.
    You kept insisting it was a RaRa rouse,... guess not, eh?