The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Transport from Spokane, WA area to Midwest ?

Is there another transporter besides Hubbard that I can contact to ship a mare? TIA
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians

Nationwide? Maybe?

I just used American Horse Transport to bring a yearling the other way around, from the east coast to WA. They were FANTASTIC. They called with updates every day, were super responsive as I was arranging the trip, and the drivers were excellent horsemen. Mt little guy arrived in great shape. I highly recommend them.

They are based in Pe Ell, WA so I'm positive they would be able to do that run.

http://www.americanhorsetrans.com/

Equine Express. I will never use anyone else.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Just had a horse delivered today by Nationwide from MD to CO for $1100. Highly recommend them, horse arrived in great shape. They make coast to coast runs
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

I just used McLemore Horse Transport (WA based) to ship a horse from Maryland to Seattle. I was extremely pleased with the service, communication, and professionalism of the company. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

www.mclemorehorsetransport.com

Quote Originally Posted by springer View Post
    Equine Express. I will never use anyone else.
    I was so happy with them. A 2 year old who did a few shows in hand as a yearling ships from Florida to AZ and gets off the truck if anything more relaxed than when I saw her in Florida. Great company!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Another BIG thumbs up for American Horse Transport. They shipped my young gelding from Virginia to WA and I was very pleased. They kept me updated along the way and when my boy didn't want to come down the ramp they were so very patient with him. I then recommended them to a friend who shipped a horse from WA to Illinois. She also had a good experience with them.

Yes, Nationwide does that route. I just got a quote from them on a similar trip

Quote Originally Posted by Friesianfan View Post
    Another BIG thumbs up for American Horse Transport. They shipped my young gelding from Virginia to WA and I was very pleased. They kept me updated along the way and when my boy didn't want to come down the ramp they were so very patient with him. I then recommended them to a friend who shipped a horse from WA to Illinois. She also had a good experience with them.
    My little guy had the same issue, did NOT want to get off that truck! They were so patient and made it a very positive experience. Despite having a full trailer of horses to deliver (I was the first stop) they took their time and were great with him. I really appreciated that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Friesianfan http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/im...s/viewpost.gif

Quote Originally Posted by RedmondDressage View Post
    My little guy had the same issue, did NOT want to get off that truck! They were so patient and made it a very positive experience. Despite having a full trailer of horses to deliver (I was the first stop) they took their time and were great with him. I really appreciated that.
    I third/forth recommend American Horse Transport -- brought my guy to SD last January. Great communication with Brittany and the drivers - double thumbs up!!!!

I reached out for a quote for both EE and ATH per the recommendations here and EE responded yesterday stating that all of their trips start and end in TX. Haven't heard back from ATH, so crossing fingers as the hauler I had planned to use from MI to VA isn't going to work out. Maybe it's just because I'm in MI and a little off the beaten path as far as direct routes....
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

http://dragonhorseranch.com/

I used them from Va to the Central Mn. My horse is older and tends to lose weight. He walked off the trailer looking fantastic. He does have a base in Mn as well as tx and I know he goes though Michigan.

He came highly recommended by people in the Twin Cities area and he lived up to his reputation.

I'm actually waiting to hear back from Hubbard as well. I need to ship one from MD to Iowa. Can't you believe Iowa is not on anyone's route.....
    I used Hubbard for this same trip last fall and they did a great job. I don't know of any other shippers that would make the trip and I've called quite a few.
    Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!

I shipped a mare from Washington to the Chicago area about 2 years ago using McLemore's and ditto what the other poster said. Highly professional and communicative, mare arrived in fantastic shape, very very nice people.

Sparky, how can Iowa not be on a route? I-80 goes right through! LOL I had my horses shipped down to TX from IA no problem, but that shipper isn't hauling anymore I guess.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

I just had Charlie Gibson Horse Transport ship a mare from Portland to Colorado. They did a super job and communication was excellent. They are based out of Ellensburg, WA and go all over the country.

http://charliegibsonhorse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    Sparky, how can Iowa not be on a route? I-80 goes right through! LOL I had my horses shipped down to TX from IA no problem, but that shipper isn't hauling anymore I guess.

That's what I'm saying!!! I-80!! But seriously Hubbard is the ONLY shipper I've found to do the trip.
    Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!