The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Boekelo, Pau, Fair Hill!

It's international fall event season! The Eventing Forum should have all these three day events in our focus.

Boekelo looks like a good fresh start -- from what I can gather they are definitely having a positive start. I like the Nations Cup format for eventing because it's team-building. I hope we can afford to participate in more than just one event next year. I think it is really good for the US eventing to get overseas as long as the homework is being done here. If you notice, the top event riders for the world are there!

Second, Colleen is headed to Pau, for the four star. I note that Mary King has two horses headed there as well. If anyone can post more info on Pau - please link -- I have limited internet time!

Fair Hill is one week away and Clayton Fredericks is true to his word and bringing horses. All the big names are entered! As well as some real favorites for me that might be lesser known, but certainly just as competitive, and those are the ones it's important to watch! Our next team members always get ready for Rolex, the Olympics, and now Nations Cup events at Fair Hill. For the horses and riders in April in Kentucky --- the road to Rolex goes down Gallaher Road, folks.....I can't wait. I love this event. My 10 day forecast says possible showers for dressage but sunny on Saturday XC day!

Wish there was a pumpkin icon....go eventing!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Ok...perhaps I'm too early?
    Currently the US contingent at Boekelo is in eighth, but there does not appear to be much more than 20-25 points separating the top ten teams and that's just one cross country stop so we shall see after XC tomorrow morning.

Fair Hill is looking half ready which is actually good for this time -- we are one week out -- fence dressing is beginning. I can't post any jump photos, I am sure some will sneak pictures around before Weds., but I'm not going to post any until the course is official. What's fair is fair. The footing is right now absolutely PERFECT and I mean perfect as good as it gets at FH and that's pretty fabulous. The weather forecast is also good, some rain will not hurt.

I am very interested in any links anyone can find about Pau.

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    Currently the US contingent at Boekelo is in eighth, but there does not appear to be much more than 20-25 points separating the top ten teams and that's just one cross country stop so we shall see after XC tomorrow morning.

Fair Hill is looking half ready which is actually good for this time -- we are one week out -- fence dressing is beginning. I can't post any jump photos, I am sure some will sneak pictures around before Weds., but I'm not going to post any until the course is official. What's fair is fair. The footing is right now absolutely PERFECT and I mean perfect as good as it gets at FH and that's pretty fabulous. The weather forecast is also good, some rain will not hurt.

Good luck on the links to Pau I cant even find an entry list but just fyi for you Buck Davidson is going over also I just dropped Colleen and Shiraz off at his farm tonight so both horses can ship out of there in the morning together. Colleen is leaving Shiraz and flying back on Tuesday to compete at Fairhill in the 2*

Thanks Brian!
    Ok just heard Phillip "took a tumble" when Atlas left a leg. It looks like a long course, 10 minutes plus...sara ike said both are ok.
    EN had a link to live streaming but didn't work for me on my slow internet...)

Oh no! Glad they are ok. What happened to Clark and LG? Did they have a stop? Or just a lot of time?
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

It looks like a stop and some time. drat.

That is what I saw as well. Will check the live scoring one more time before I have to leave -- gotta soak a horse's foot and go to Fair Hill today to work!

Michael Jung in first....oh well....looks like double clear. Gemma Tattersall, Artic Soul for Great Britain -- double clear! Who is this?
    Looks like Universe was clear but with time penalties.
    Cambalda and Jennie - clear but with 10 time! A good result I think but we'll see. Still waiting for Jon's score to appear but I have to go.

I think we have to look past results and see what we gain from these experiences. After-event interviews would be nice!

Clark had a stop - if you click on his name on the results page they break it down.

Re: Fair Hill, the 2* looks incredible competitive but I think the 3* might be thinning out. For example, KOC is clearly not going to ride in the event event tho she is still listed as entered here. I have also heard through the grapevine that at least 2 other horses on that list are not running anymore.

I suppose that give that it was an Olympic year and we have 5 US horses at Boekelo, it's not totally surprising that the 3* field be a bit thin by October. What is exciting is that we have so many quality 2* horse and rider pairs waiting in the wings for Normandy and/or Rio!!

Best of Luck to all!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" Immanuel Kant

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Doesn't Gemma Tattersall make up young horses primarily? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Here's her website.
    http://www.gemmatattersall.com/
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post

Just found this retread finally the entry list

http://www.event-pau.fr/wp-content/u...e-du-CCI41.pdf

YAY! I also heard that Colleen has arrived in Europe and they are in the truck on the way to Pau.

Spent last two days prepping course at Fair Hill. It will be very interesting this year, new patterns, the fences are big -- bigger -- biggest. Questions look tough. That is all I can say; fence photos on Weds. We try to refrain from posting until it is official. I did see the TD and the CD on course today, walking it and we have a long list of things to finish today and tomorrow. But it looks just incredible. A hint - there is an absolutely wonderful pony out there!

Going now to take a look at the Boekelo results. Heard the footing was very very deep toward the end of the day there.

Alissa, who is doing the Fair Hill blog, had her baby Sunday night, so if you are wondering why it has not been updated...that's the reason! It rained most of yesterday, but I think that helped the hundreds of pansies we have planted in front of jumps has well has the footing.
    Colleen has flown back to France and from there back to US....after getting Shiraz and Bucks horse (Ballynoecastle) to the Pau 4*, wow...exhausting...so she can compete Covert Rights at FHI. I think I got that right!