The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whicker View Post
    Oh, darn, when I clicked on the link, it came back and said the video doesn't exist. For the uniformed, Ruth Buzzi came from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In. This was the SNL of the 60's. It gave us some great routines and characters ie. Lilly Tomlin playing the phone operator, saying, "We're the phone company, we don't care; we don't have to" or Lily Tomlin as Edith Ann. And who can forget Tricky Dick saying, "Sock it to me"?

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Talking It's there, I'm incompetent

Alrighty campers,
    I declare lack of computer training and no kids at home.
    So try "Ruth Buzzi laugh-In old lady" (Gladys is I think the character's name) on utube and several clips will appear. I like the series with the 2nd matching old lady and the dirty old man, Tyrone F Horneigh.
    Intermediate Riding Skills

I remember Laugh in. Sometime in my life I'd love to go out with the hunt but in the meantime : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw5Ski9yB58
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

That's ok, Whicker. We of a cough, cough, certain age feel your pain.

Wink Hi!

Hi, I'm Wateryglen and I'm a Ruth Buzzi impersonator....and I don't wash my hairnets....ever!

And she has horses!!??? How cool is that!!

And my hair nets don't impersonate mice either..... they just have knotty balls....'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    I remember Laugh in. Sometime in my life I'd love to go out with the hunt but in the meantime : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw5Ski9yB58
    Thanks RS, that just gave me my afternoon laugh!

CVPeg is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    Couldn't watch just one!
    Here she is with Jimmy Stewart and Dean Martin, at a roast with several other big stars. Ends up sitting next to Orson Welles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m56mtrDTHPQ
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

OK. I reached into the pocket of my jeans yesterday and pulled out a.....hairnet. Cue Twilight Zone theme song......

Quote Originally Posted by ManyDogs View Post
    OK. I reached into the pocket of my jeans yesterday and pulled out a.....hairnet. Cue Twilight Zone theme song......
    Gotcha beat. There is one that lives in the glove compartment of my truck that I believe made its debut at the VA hound show in the mid 80s. It was transferred out of the '84 truck to the '98 truck. And yes, it gets used if need be, then chucked back in there. And no, never been washed.

BTW, if you happen to have two hairnets with complementing gaping holes, you just wear them both, arranged so that the top one's 'good' part covers the gaping hole in the bottom one.

Yeah, I'm cheap.

2 members found this post helpful.

Ok, Beverley, I can picture your glove compartment hairnet stretched out like a spider's web, catching bugs.

Manydogs, y'all aren't right....and I love you for it

I know, CC.... That's why we get along so well. Tell Mr. CC I miss his margaritas :-).

Quote Originally Posted by Hinderella View Post
    Stonington high....
    Doooooood!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFEhmF-cSi8
    Proud Member of the Courageous Weenie Eventers Clique

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieK View Post
    And so we did, eventually.
    Starts with an 'S,' ends with a 'T.' You figure it out.

"Houston, Tranquility Base here, picking up where we left off ..."

Default flasks

Quote Originally Posted by cheval convert View Post
    Perhaps if they had a flask for you at the job you would be more motivated to arrive early (I personally think my job would be much better if I kept a flask at the office!)
    This sounds like the solution I have been looking for to surviving my M-F job as well. Thank you for the input. I greatly appreciate it! lolflask

Word to the wise...

Coworkers WILL notice if you are sipping your flask at your desk. However, they have yet to note that my gallon of apple cider in the fridge is harder than a rock

Could definitely have used the hard cider this week. I am going on 2 weeks without a working computer, work piling up around me, a compliance audit on Monday (when I have not had a computer to do my job) and I am leaving for a conference in a week. Still trying to figure out how I am going to take care of clients between now and then

If one has SHORT hair does one still need to wear a hairnet? When my hair was longer I wore one for dressage, but now there's really nothing to put the net around...info appreciated...

While wearing your hunt helmet, take a careful look in the mirror. If your hair looks electrified and sticking out in interesting ways, you need a way to make it tidy. That may be lots of gel, a hairnet, or another creative method.

Years ago, when I first started hunting, I hosted a Warrenton-Old Dominion joint meet breakfast. I was so new that no one knew who I was. I had my hair cut quite short and glued down. Going into the house for the Breakfast, A cheerful gentleman in scarlet came up behind me. He jovially slapped me on the back and enthusiastically asked,

"Well, son, What did you think of your first hunt with us?"

He was chagrined when I turned towards him, obviously a Sweet Young Thing..
    Intermediate Riding Skills

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by whicker View Post
    While wearing your hunt helmet, take a careful look in the mirror. If your hair looks electrified and sticking out in interesting ways, you need a way to make it tidy. That may be lots of gel, a hairnet, or another creative method.

Years ago, when I first started hunting, I hosted a Warrenton-Old Dominion joint meet breakfast. I was so new that no one knew who I was. I had my hair cut quite short and glued down. Going into the house for the Breakfast, A cheerful gentleman in scarlet came up behind me. He jovially slapped me on the back and enthusiastically asked,

"Well, son, What did you think of your first hunt with us?"

He was chagrined when I turned towards him, obviously a Sweet Young Thing..

Was just thinking of you and wondering how you were. Clearly your sense of humor is intact!

1 members found this post helpful.