The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another breeding donated to help Eddo - Holsteiner GP stallion, Ralando II

Angela Pritchard has generously donated a breeding to her new stallion, Ralando II. He is registered with the German Holsteiner Verband. His breeding is Ramiro-Calando-Romino, stamm 741. Now that he has been retired from competition, they are in the process of obtaining approvals for him. Only cost to winning bidder would be collection and shipping, and that would be at cost through Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital. Collection is $170 and shipping at cost. Collecting Monday - Friday (and Saturday with sufficient advance notice).

Ralando II's show record is impressive as he has gotten good ribbons from the Grand Prix Jumpers to the Adult Amateur Hunters. He was most successful in the AA rated hunters - Regular Working and Amateur Owner, with wins at big shows. The best thing about him is his fantastic personality. He is very sweet and just a pleasure to be around.

Ralando II competed in Germany as a young horse up to M-Level (1.3m). He was imported by Eduardo Braun as a seven year old and competed up to the Grand Prix level on the east and west coasts before becoming a schoolmaster for an adult amateur. In 2010, a change of ownership meant a change of discipline as Ralando II transitioned to the hunter world with amateur rider (now turned professional), Arly Golombek. The pair amassed top placings and championships as both a Regular Working and A/O Hunter at elite A-Circuit shows including WEF, Kentucky Spring & Summer shows, the Kentucky National, Capital Challenge, Pennsylvania National and the National Horse Show. Before retiring from competition, Ralando II was competing & winning in the Adult Amateur divisions with students of Arly’s.

Below are recent conformation/headshot photos, and a couple of older competition photos (the jumping one is from when he was 9 & he's 18 now). We should soon have more recent hunter competition photos.

And here are a few videos...

http://youtu.be/xwtP_BvmHPQ

http://youtu.be/cKK-mJQ_nY8

http://youtu.be/-4GcfqpuBAg

Bidding here or by PM. Bidding closes at midnight on All-Hallow's Eve (Halloween night, Oct 31).

Thank you, Angela, for your generous donation of a breeding to this lovely boy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ralando derby.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	36888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ralandoconfo.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	36889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ralando jpr.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	36890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ralandoheadshot.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	36891  
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I'm happy to be able to contribute to the fund to help Eddo. If anyone has any questions about Ralando, please don't hesitate to ask me!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

Hi Kinsella,

Thank you for donating a breeding with your boy. He is lovely!

How many hands is he? Is he standing at Rood and Riddle or do they keep frozen? I keep my mare about 20 minutes from there, so he would be very convienent.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

I don't have an official measurement on him, but 16.3 is the general consensus on his height... He's only collected at R&R, he lives about 20 minutes from there. You are more than welcome to come see him any time - anyone is - just email or pm me and I'll give the contact numbers for setting it up.

He is currently available fresh cooled only - I will start freezing him next year.

Ralando II

He's so lovely! How nice of you to donate a breeding!

I have a bid via PM for $250 on this lovely boy!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Bump-d-Bump!

Ralando II

I love him! A nice halloween treat to help Eddo!

I just saw this pretty guy on Friday at Donna's place! He looks lovely and was a perfect gentleman to be pulled out and shown off in the middle of the day.

Nice size, nice pedigree, great show record and awesome temperment!
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Guys, this is too nice a stallion to go for only $250! Someone needs to take a chance on this lovely performance stallion. There is not much risk that he won't get approved based on his show record.

Go for it!

SBS is coming to look at him in early November, and have said a preliminary yes based on his performance record. I'll be taking his info (papers/performance record) to OK with me to see about other options.

Ralando II

Just received a bid via PM. High bid on this stallion is now $350.

I've got to give Ralando II a huge plug in the character and temperament department. He came to live at our farm for his retirement, a farm that is set up as a mare and young horse facility. So, the 360-degree view for the big guy is mare, filly, mare, filly, mare... And, some of the mares are open so they are very interested in the new arrival and are very clear in their intentions. While definitely interested, Ralando acts like a gentleman at all times; a fact, as a 5'4" female, for which I'm very grateful.

He's just stunning in person with tremendous presence. What a huge opportunity for hunter (and jumper) breeders to have access to such a stallion.

would this breeding have to be used by the high bidder in 2013?

No, it would be good for a 3 year period.

Ralando II

High bid is still $350, but wanted to let people know that if you are trying to Google this stallion, you should also Google "Ralando Z" as he was shown under that name in the jumpers.

High bid is now $400

Wow, he IS a very handsome fellow. Kudos to the owner for all her hard work & for her generous donation.
    www.PVDARideforLife.org Recognized Show/Benefit. Proceeds go to JHU Avon Foundation Breast Center June 22 & 23, 2013

(http://store.pvda.org/) - Great Items with an Equine BC Ribbon Theme!!!

Default Ralando Z

Hi Kinsella. I really like the pedigree and the looks of this boy. I noticed that he was not presented to the AHHA for approval this year. Do you plan to present him next year?
    Maryanne Nicpon
    Minglewood Sport Horses
    Ballston Spa, NY

High bid is still $400