The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default MA Equine Affaire, November 2012

Just curious to see if there's anyone else riding in a clinic this year at Equine Affaire MA. I will be taking my horse in the Todd Minikus clinic on Friday morning. I am really looking forward to it.

My horse is an OTTB so I hope she will be ok with the grandstand in the big coliseum. I am shipping in the night before to have a chance to show her the ring and hopefully get her used to it before our clinic the next morning. I have attended EA many times but never ridden in a clinic there, so it should be interesting to say the least!

I will be there watching and will help cheer you on!

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    I will be there watching and will help cheer you on!
    And I'll be there helping pds watch and cheer...
    madeline
    * What you release is what you teach * Don't be distracted by unwanted behavior* Whoever waits the longest is the teacher. Van Hargis

I wish I could ride, but I will be there edumucating the boyfriend! I'll be watching, and can't wait to se everything! It will be my first time going. Hope you have a great clinic.
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

Well if you guys "know" me, come say hi! I will be riding the constantly airborne horse

I'm planning on going that day...after looking at the schedule that day has the most stuff I'm interested in. That clinic is one of them.

Do get her in there and show her around before the clinic if possible. For some reason, that building scares the bejeezes out of a lot of horses. Not sure if it's the tiers or echos or lighting or what. But over decades of going and/or showing there...about 1 in every 5 horses REALLY hate that building. I've seen more than one Hunter Pleasure class turn into a horse race.

Best of luck!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

She sometimes surprises me with the things that don't bother her...I am just praying that this will be one of those times!

I'm so bummed your clinic is on a Friday, I'll probably be going over the weekend.

Just know that I'll be cheering you on from my desk at work!!

i am riding with geoff teall sunday afternoon, rumor has it they'll be posting times to school in the coliseum! my guy has shown there before so fingers crossed he remembers that there are no monsters there

Quote Originally Posted by jmt0610 View Post
    i am riding with geoff teall sunday afternoon, rumor has it they'll be posting times to school in the coliseum! my guy has shown there before so fingers crossed he remembers that there are no monsters there
    Good luck and have fun! I hope we can school in there Thursday night when we arrive.

FAntasia gets done around 10:30 at night...
    madeline
    * What you release is what you teach * Don't be distracted by unwanted behavior* Whoever waits the longest is the teacher. Van Hargis

We will be arriving at about 5pm so I hope there will be time before Fantasia to school. I would like to at least let my horse look at the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    And I'll be there helping pds watch and cheer...
    Boosma will be cheering you on!
    Form follows function, or does function follow form?

www.clearvisionequine.com

http://clearvisionequine.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Starhouse View Post
    We will be arriving at about 5pm so I hope there will be time before Fantasia to school. I would like to at least let my horse look at the arena.
    Well, if the guy whose seminar ends at 6:45 gets done on time, they may let you in before the doors open for Fantasia at 7:30... If I were you, I would investigate getting in the arena early Friday.
    madeline

After the seminar is finished, the building is closed so that they can prepare it for Fantasia. So, the only time Starhouse can ride will be in the opening schooling after Fantasia is finished, or the crack of dawn on Friday morning. There will be a Coliseum schooling schedule posted in the barn office.

Thanks Roberta for that clarification. What time does Fantasia usually end?