The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Insurance Underwriter Reviews?

Need to insure a show hunter - wondering about anyone's claim experience w/ Great American and Lloyds of London (primarily concerned about major medical experience vs. mortality). Thanks!

I have heard that Great American is wonderful and that came from someone who worked in the business office of an equine hospital.

Wrong forum for this question--this is meant for technical help related to the function of the board--but do a search on GA. They are changing their policies considerably and the villagers are rioting (me included.)

We moved your thread here to Horse Care where it's a better fit, but feel free to send us a note if you'd like us to move it to H/J if you feel that would be more of the crowd you'd like to survey for input.

Thanks and welcome to the site!
    Mod 1

Love Great American. They have been there for me whenever I have needed them. Very quick claims processing and excellent coverage .
    friend of bar*ka

I filed a claim with GA and had no problems. I found them to be helpful and they paid immediately with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    Wrong forum for this question--this is meant for technical help related to the function of the board--but do a search on GA. They are changing their policies considerably and the villagers are rioting (me included.)
    What kind of changes are they making? I have used GA for many years and love them, but would be interested in the changes that they are making before I renew. Just got my renewal in the mail yesterday.