The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone else like this TBs pedigree?

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...ml#post6864138

http://www.pedigreequery.com/stylish+lady6

Don't know the person trying to find her a home or the horse.

And, if she looks as nice as her pedigree does ...she would probably make someone a nice riding horse on the flat and a great broodmare.

ETA: Looks like I misread, the OP is purchasing the mare.

The post with a picture says the person is buying the horse, not selling it?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Yeah posted this before the OP posted the second post. The way it was worded gave me the impression of trying to find the filly home. Guess I was wrong. Still I LOVE that pedigree.

There is a Broad Brush son standing local to me...very big, pretty boy. The original post does make it sound like they are looking for a home - must've copied and pasted the ad they were buying off of?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

I worked with an Include broodmare last year, looked a bit similar to this one. She would have made a beautiful event horse-- HUGE uphill shoulder, powerful hind end, lots of leg, and 3 excellent floaty gaits. Well-balanced to look at, and when moving. Include seems to stamp them with a nice big front end, I tend to like many of them.
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

I agre witht he OP. That is a LOVELY sport horse pedigree. Every branch of her ancestors has something to contribute -- a rare find in an OTTB.

I would think of her as a broodmare since she seems to be compromised as a riding horse. If not immediately, then sooner rather than later.

Yes, her pasterns are long, but, many/most WB stallions (Especially the heavier ones like Holsteiners) have very short pasterns, so it would not be hard to find a stallion who will complement her.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

To heck with the topline..Secret Hello is a line I covet..I have a Broodmare by him in foal to Charitable Man and a retired 100K show hunter gelding who is hands down the finest mover and jumper alive. He took almost every hack class "AA" , never missed a ribbon over fences did small jrs, workings, medals, jumpers and before I sold him as a hunter he did dressage thru 1st with me and evented to Novice from zero to Groton House in 1 season. The broodmare looks like him moves like him and I hope to get a foal like him!!!

Secret Hello is Dead and so is his only son to go to stud...

Ummm err her pasturns are just fine and she so looks like Secret Day my retired guy its not funny...DO Not Waste her on a WB...breed her to a TB and get yourself a nice event horse!!