The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Gorgeous hunter free to advanced rider that can afford his maintenance and care

9 year old 15.3 Canadian Sport horse gelding is free to an approved home that can afford his maintenance and care. I no longer can and he is way to young to retire. Contact me for video and pics if you have interest. Thanks!

More details please , what is his current job? Quiet, steady, needs pro ride, what type of maintenance ? thank you.
    Oh location ?

Jessica

Agreed, all the above information is helpful. I am assuming he is sound with Maintenance? Would he be happy being a trail horse?

location? what has he done?
    "to each his own..."

just a horse obsessed girl who finds blogging way more fun than being an adult...
    http://equinerainman274.wordpress.com/

Sorry forgot to include location....he is in eastern CT and currently u/s 5 days a week, doing stretchy hacks, trail rides and 2'6 courses with flying changes. He schools cross country, goes out alone does ditches, banks, bridges, water ect. I started him a little over 3 years ago and he's come a long way but is still a bit green and could use more show miles and training. IMO he needs to be treated more rigourously for ulcers and he is muscle sore over his hips and on his butt as well as over his withers, most likely from compensation. He is sound but can be cranky due to the sore muscles or ulcers. He does well and is happy on robaxin or previcox so I think when he does act up or get spooky it's due to some kind of pain. He is not insured and I do not have the money to further investagate what is causing the soreness. He is UTD on shots, teeth ect. just needs somone with the funds that can further investigate and then maintain him so he can be comfortable and continue on with his career. I have jumped him 3' in the past and with the right maintenance I'm sure he could easily go higher. He's athletic, 10 mover, huge stride, great front end ect. he won his first 2'6 hunter derby in the spring, he also won his first jumper derby and his first cross country derby out of 13 last year. He was also reserve champion in the evergreen hunters at the two rated shows we went to last year. When he is feeling okay he wins when he isn't feeling okay he can be dangerous so he does require an advanced rider. He is only free to a good home that would be the right fit for him and that I can keep in contact with. Please message me for pics and video or more information about his current situation. I am very attached to this horse and have put a lot into him over the years. At this point I can no longer afford his care so I am in search of somone who can.

Update - My gelding found a really great home! I'm very sad to see him go but he's going to get what he needs and I can't provide it