The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Regardless my opinion on fake tails, I think for the 3ft hunters you would be completely fine without one. If you move up to the juniors where you see more of them then maybe reevaluate.

Spray the hocks with Show Sheen and the tail does hang between the hocks.

If you *think* you have been able to notice every horse that has a fake tail, dollars to donuts there were a whole whack of them at each and every show that did have a fake tail that you didn't notice.

How would you know if a horse was wearing a fake tail that you weren't able to pick out of a crowd? You didn't notice it!

Get a 1/2 lb that is nicely tapered. Leave the banged tails to the WP folks.

You need to get a standing shot instead of all the movement ones, where you can actually see his tail.

But a fake tail will NOT make his neck look longer!
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    You need to get a standing shot instead of all the movement ones, where you can actually see his tail.

But a fake tail will NOT make his neck look longer!
    Checking to make sure it's not going to make it look shorter! Haha I know there's basically nothing I can do to make it look much longer except do an insane amount of extra braids, but it's okay. I just don't want to make him look super hind end heavy and awkwardly even shorter in the front. I don't have any standing ones yet, but I'll see if I can get one tomorrow.

I don't care for the look of a fake tail that looks fat at the bottom. Of course, I am in the minority of people who can appreciate the look of a thin mane and tail, especially on an appaloosa.
    Proud to have two Gold Prince POAs!
    Takaupas Top Gold
    Gifts Black Gold Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    B R A V O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HATE ANYTHING FAKE!!! THAT GOES WITH PEOPLE TOO!!!
    Fake tails need to be banned plain and simple!!!!
    I take it with your name you are a male? If so, you never looked at a woman with make up? Or a nice outfit? Heels? Colored hair? Or if you are a female - you have NEVER done any of these things?

Isn't putting shoes on a horse considered fake? Should they too be banned?

Please; this does not mean someone is FAKE. It means they want to look nice... yes some over do it but the reality of it all is there are fake a holes that would never have a manicure done, color their hair or put on false eyelashes and they are still FAKE.

A fake tail can look nice if done well. Some don't and some need them if they have a big head or something like that.

I agree it's a balance issue and when braided I think they finish the look if the tail is too thin.

So whatever you want OP. I think your horse would look nice and agree with Rel6.
    If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoe View Post
    Spray the hocks with Show Sheen and the tail does hang between the hocks.

If you *think* you have been able to notice every horse that has a fake tail, dollars to donuts there were a whole whack of them at each and every show that did have a fake tail that you didn't notice.

How would you know if a horse was wearing a fake tail that you weren't able to pick out of a crowd? You didn't notice it!

Get a 1/2 lb that is nicely tapered. Leave the banged tails to the WP folks.
    That's a great idea. My horses tail sticks between their legs - the real ones not a fake one...

I have been lucky and have had horses with big fat tails where people ask if they are fake.

Here is a butt shot of my horse with NO FAKE tail...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Other horses fat "real" tail:

My new horse, I just asked my trainer today if he gets a fake tail for the show... his is so wimpy and sad..... But maybe with good nutrition now it will get fuller. (?)

I did have an appy growing up so I was happy when I got a few horses with pretty tails...

I think a fake one that doesn't look QH would be fine like gumshoe says.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!