The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Room for 2 horses at my sister's farm UPDATE

Thanks everyone for all your messages. My sister has picked two wonderful horses to have their forever homes on her beautiful farm.
    We both wish we had won the Illinois Power Ball last week so we could have a huge farm to give all the needy horses a home!
    Thanks to you all and good luck!

My sister just lost her Percheron and can't stand the empty barn. She would love to give two horses their forever home. They do not need to be rideable, just good lawn ornaments. She has 10 acres in northern Illinois, the Barrington Hills area. The horses need to be an easy shipping distance for her to get them, or if they can get a ride that would be even better. She would really like to have another draft, the second horse can be anything.
    Let me know if you hear of anything! Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Lilykoi; Dec. 9, 2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Update
    Lilykoi

Hell hath no fury like the chestnut thoroughbred mare

Wish she was closer to PA! A friend has a lovely natured TB gelding who is looking for a companion-type forever home due to a back/hip issue. If we could arrange a ride he'd make a wonderful pet for her, he is such a sweet guy.
    ~ A true friend knows all there is to know about you and still likes you. -E. Hubbard

She should call Donna Ewing at HARPS (Hooved Animal Rescue and Protection Society) - also in Barrington. If she hasn't anything appropriate in the rescue's barn, she will probably know of a suitable, available horse. Or two.

http://www.harpsonline.org/

There's an "adoption" section listing the animals available.

HARPS is a genuine rescue, not a horse-flipping operation. I've worked with Donna for more than 35 years. If you'd like to PM me about her or HARPS, please feel free to do so!

Jessica
    Home page: www.jessicajahiel.com
    Horse-Sense newsletter: www.horse-sense.org

I sent you a PM.

Would CT be to far? My gelding is ridable but needs maintenance to stay that way. If not he would make a good companion or addition to her herd. He gets along with mares and geldings....goes out with 10 others right now. He's 9 and is a draft cross.

I have two in OH I need to find homes for. An extremely sweet TB filly and a handsome TB gelding. The gelding is companion/light trail and the filly should be fine for riding.
    RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

have her contact end of the line horse placement.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/End-O...701401?fref=ts
    the horses on this site are at risk of going to slaughter if homes are not found for them.they often get draft horses.there is a Tennessee walking horse that is in urgent need of a home or will ship soon.
    www.equinealternativehealthsupply.com
    Natural Horse Health Care, including Holistic Equine Health Products, Supplements & Alternative Therapies.

Sent you a PM! Tx much

I have two here in Ohio, but I'm from Chicago and could haul them up around Thanksgiving, as I'd be going that way anyway. Give me a call: (630) 267-2341 or (614) 282-2055

Default I have a horse for your sister's barn

I have a 14 yo Danish Oldenburg that needs a home. I live in central Illinois (Decatur area). I could arrange transportation to Barrington. Is space still available?

Default TB- needs a home. Loving type

I have a easy keeper TB who needs a home. Funny personality and rideable. Gets along with others. Loves people. He's in Maryland but I would ship him.
    Thanks!

My trainer has a 17 year old Dutch Warmblood, easy keeper, has ringbone so she is looking for a forever retirement home close enough to be able to say hello to him occasionally. Located in Harvard. Please let me know if you still have an opening so I can mention it to her!