The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone purchased from Horze?

They're having a %50 off everything sale and I'm very tempted.

http://www.horze.com/

I haven't. Never even heard of them, but then out of no where I get an e-mail telling me about this sale! I am curious as well!

I purchased four pairs of breeches from them with a 50% off deal (the Grand Prix knee-patch and full seats). Shipping was FAST and I love the breeches! They're super comfortable and the material is very flattering, not clingy. The only thing is the inseam is longer than I'm used to and they end up velcroing closer to the ankle bone when I'm used to it higher up on the calf. I have an average inseam, but could see that being a problem for shorter folks.
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

I've ordered many blankets from them...their $24 (with 50% coupon) fleece is just super gorgeous, much better than my Smartpak fleeces! (Blasphemy!) They fit pretty true to size if not a little generous.

Have gotten a few leather goods from them (couldn't pass up the $17 bridle last 50% off sale) and they're decent quality for the price.

About to place an order for breeches for the sale!

The bonus for me is that they do truly ship the same/next day, and since their warehouse is the next state over, it gets here almost overnight sometimes!

Oh, I also have several pairs of their open fronts, the ones in the billions of colors. They're FANTASTIC quality, in my opinion, for $20, and you can't beat the fun colors!

Did you get a coupon code for the sale? When I look it is not 1/2 off. Last time they had a sale there was a code.

I ordered a reflective blaze orange riding rug for my horse from them. It was def. a sweet deal b/c I got it during a 50% off sale. I also bought gloves, winter mittens & a muffler to use this winter, a hoof brush & some other little things. They all look decent & the shipping was fast.

I was slightly annoyed b/c I bought a black whip to use for dressage shows & it was listed as the correct length. When I got it, I measured it & it is only the correct length -without- the popper & the max length in the rules include popper. It was 1/2 off w. free shipping, so I guess I can't complain. It is nice, but I don't need a another non-show whip

I would like to try their breeches.

next question: how was sizing on breeches?

What was the quality like on the bridle? I'm looking for a dressage bridle for this horse here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2089258...in/photostream

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolyta View Post
    next question: how was sizing on breeches?
    I found the breeches to run true to size. I wear a 26 in Ariat and a 26 or 28 in Ovations (depending how loose I want them). I ordered the Horze Grand Prix breeches in 26/38 and am very happy with the fit. They aren't skin tight but aren't baggy/sloppy looking either.
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

They are wonderful!!! I order from them all the time! I actually had a sizing situation because all their stuff is Euro sized and they worked everything out for me, helped with the shipping, they are fantastic! I own their Victoria Breeches, one of their competition shirts and their grooming bag and all of it is great quality.

ETA : even though according to their sizing charts I should be wearing a 40. I wear a 38 in their clothing and I'm 5'3" and about 130lbs if that helps.

last time there was a big sale I got a bunch of stuff. I have about a dozen of the socks.... Who can pass up 3 bucks a pair? The grand prix breeches are great and comfy but fading. The jeans style breeches are the favorite I own. And picked up the Prague bridle in black for dressage, love it. It's oiled up so nicely and is buttery soft. I get compliments on it all the time.

Am in hunterdon Nj and the items showed up the next day even though I only paid for ground shipping.

I was really quite pleased with everything!

Ps: I didn't get the code in the mail either! And i need some more stuff, so please share!

The code is "GREAT1" and I have to say I'm highly tempted by the Back on Track fleece sheet for $150!!

Anyone know how long the sale is going on for??

Horze is WONDERFUL... easy to work with and everything has been wonderful quality. I liked it so much I got sponsored not sure which sale you're talking about, but they almost ALWAYS have a big selection of clearance items.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

The code works! Just ordered a couple of things

Yea can anyone who got the e-mail let us know how long the code is good for? Thanks!

Til the end of September

I have two big boxes coming to me: three different pairs of breeches, a bridle, a turnout sheet, select odds and ends, and (what I'm most excited about!) their "thermo boots" for a smidge over $20!

The boxes should arrive wednesday at the latest and I will come back and post full reviews of anything anyone's interested in. For $20, I'm really hoping that the boots are workable for warmth and riding.....they're no Bromonts, but they don't have the price tag either!

I've ordered lots of horse gear from Horze, this is the first time I'm venturing into people stuff. The little mare is going to an indoor for the winter, and I don't want to be that owner everyone whispers about, slogging around in muck boots and ratty breeches!

I hate you all... *grumble grumble*

I got a 50% off coupon code a couple months ago. I bought a bunch of stuff including some fabulous paddock boots for $24 - all leather, I love them!

Their stuff seems to sell out quite fast, so I wouldn't hesitate if you see something you like.