The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pharmacy that requires no RX.

Has anyone use an online pharmacy to fill a prescription medication where the pharmacy does not require the prescription?

I know the disadvantages and that some will have concerns but I am just looking for input.

Never heard of such a thing. Wouldn't that be illegal?

I have heard of them,but that is all.

It is illegal to use them (think "illegal drug dealing") and you could end up with the federal authorities at your door if you get involved. The Feds don't take it lightly.

I am not sure how you can dispense a prescription medication without an Rx. I can't ever remember being able to do that in the few years I spent working as a pharmacy tech. If you find out how it's done please let us know. I am intrigued by your question.

I doubt you will find such a thing, but even if you could, how could you trust any medication originating from a pharmacy working outside the regulatory channels?
    Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaisieMae View Post
    I am not sure how you can dispense a prescription medication without an Rx. I can't ever remember being able to do that in the few years I spent working as a pharmacy tech. If you find out how it's done please let us know. I am intrigued by your question.
    It's called illegal drug dealing..It takes a physician who is willing to skirt the law as far as being honest about having seen the patient.

OK. I had a feeling this would turn into a negative thread. Hence the reason I rarely post. There are people who order prescription meds without a prescription and I wanted feedback from them. There are dozens of pharmacies online that offer this service and I was curious if anyone new anything about them.

Most of the ones for human medication are outside US borders and SHADY as hell. I know of one for horse mess, no, I will not post the link here, that you can order all sorts of rx mess with no script. Everything from Legend, Adequan, to tranqs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhunter25 View Post
    OK. I had a feeling this would turn into a negative thread. Hence the reason I rarely post.
    That is such a weird thing to say. You're specifically asking for something that's not legal where you are, of course the thread turned negative (US people might buy drugs from Canadian online pharmacies because it's cheaper, but the legit ones also require scripts).
    So you rarely post because...threads dealing with illegal/shady issues turn negative? If shady dealings were welcomed more openly you'd post more?

I mean, I usually post about horses. And my unshady activities with them or questions about.

How has the thread even turned negative? All anyone has stated is fact.

Pharmacies that dispense meds without an Rx are illegally selling drugs. That's a fact.

Use an illegal online pharmacy, you may wind up with Feds knocking on your door. That's a fact.

These illegal online pharmacies are generally shady as hell. How do you know you're not going to end up with expired, recalled or contaminated meds? Or even get what you ordered? (Using "you" as a generalization here, not saying "you" specifically). They operate illegally. You don't know where these drugs came from, what kind of yahoo is shipping them out, or what's in them. That's just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhunter25 View Post
    OK. I had a feeling this would turn into a negative thread. Hence the reason I rarely post. There are people who order prescription meds without a prescription and I wanted feedback from them. There are dozens of pharmacies online that offer this service and I was curious if anyone new anything about them.
    ..and what I know about them is that they are illegal. I thought you might want to know that. Sorry that you find my response "negative".
    Perhaps there is a forum for people who use illegal online pharmacies..

...seriously? OP, you come here asking about the illegal distribution of prescription drugs and you expect people to say "Yes! I do it ALL the time! It works great!"

If you know there are people who "do it all the time" perhaps you should have a quiet word with them instead of broadcasting to the world that you're looking to do something very illegal?

Wow...

I think some of them are sort of legal. If you get meds, try to find out the manufacturer and google the name of the pharmacy. You don't want to get useless counterfeit meds. Some people buy their meds from outside the country because the meds are so much cheaper in other places. When one of our horses was on inhaled steroids for his heaves, I looked into Canadian and Australian pharmacies. One of my neighbors was buying their horse's meds from Australia, and the meds were much cheaper. I ended up not being able to find my horse's Flovent inhaler at a reasonable price.

There are websites that sell prescription human meds without a prescription. They are generally in places like India. They send the meds in plain packaging/envelopes and will split shipments to have the stuff fit in envelopes if you prefer. Many times these are held at the border. You don't receive your meds, they may refund your money or they may try to send again. You may end up with no meds and no refund.

Some of these online pharmacies will come up when you search Canadian, Australian, etc online pharmacies but they aren't actually in those countries. Canadian pharmacies require a script and it can't be a U.S. doctor's script either.

Just the facts, no judgements.

http://www.pharmacychecker.com/aboutop.asp

This site says they check out online pharmacies. I don't how good of a job they do but it is at least a start.

We're closing this thread as it's not horse-related.

Thanks,
    Mod 1